Dover --- RACE thread

A Chevy is still atop the points standings if you disregard wins. And the way the chase is set up now, nothing is ever clear.

True. But in our awesome new format wins are all that matters till September

A Chevy is still atop the points standings if you disregard wins. And the way the chase is set up now, nothing is ever clear.
Way to soon to be counting the eggs before they hatch.

Some Junior fans calling for Ives' head.

Love me some Nation ... Mensa candidates everywhere you look.

I don't understand that at all.

Jr has not been running bad, but he's had an up and down season so far. It happens, but I guess they forgot those two won three races last year.

He was in the top 10 until he started to save fuel at the end of the race. I'm not too concerned about them because Jr is really strong come race day.

I'm super impressed with how Chase has been outperforming his teammates on occasion, especially in basically beating Kahne week in week out. He didn't come in as a young kid on the bottom of the tottem pole. He's really earning his keep.

I saw two and that was just after everyone started discussing it.

Two passes. In six races I've watched this year.

Larson and Elliott were both a tenth of a second a lap faster than Kenseth and couldn't pass him in a 30 lap stint. And Fox spent the entire time talking about the importance of clean air. Proves my point.

Enough of attacking each other personally. Talk about the race.
Everyone here has an opinion --- if it's different from yours, so what. Live with it.
Trying to cut pieces out of someone is NOT the way to discuss the race.

I'm super impressed with how Chase has been outperforming his teammates on occasion, especially in basically beating Kahne week in week out. He didn't come in as a young kid on the bottom of the tottem pole. He's really earning his keep.

Rick H has had his eye on chase for years. He knows talent.

Larson and Elliott were both a tenth of a second a lap faster than Kenseth and couldn't pass him in a 30 lap stint. And Fox spent the entire time talking about the importance of clean air. Proves my point.
I really don't want to debate passes for the lead, but I've been watching for a year and have seen several lead changes by passes over that time.

Yea he I've been reserved about the kid but hes really kicking bum

I like the rookie class this year. Think they did well as possible today.

Think harv would have won without the big one

Man, the racing this year is so good man

I like the rookie class this year. Think they did well as possible today.

Think harv would have won without the big one
Yep. Passing Kenseth for the lead won't be something a new guy does with a 1/10 better car.

Orange Cone posted a rumor that Kahne may finish out his contract with another Chevy team next season, everybody keeps saying Larson is Hendrick's target but I bet it's Erik Jones

Nope ... I buy my own tires, and I don't buy cheap. I do sometimes do doughnuts in the snow, but throwing away a good set of tires never made a lick of sense to me. Not then, not now.
Haven't you ever been ****** up with your buddies. How about being in the smoke and smelling your drivers burnout after watching him win live?

Orange Cone posted a rumor that Kahne may finish out his contract with another Chevy team next season, everybody keeps saying Larson is Hendrick's target but I bet it's Erik Jones
I can see the part about KK finishing out his contract with another Chevy team, he no longer really deserves a seat with a top team anymore.

But I am pretty sure that JGR has Eric locked down, but what do I anyways, money talks so...........

The rumor that either Larson or Harvick will replace Kahne have been around all year. Would be a good move for them to pursue Erik Jones though. I just don't see Matt Kenseth and Carl Edwards retiring next year. They're still winning races.

The rumor that either Larson or Harvick will replace Kahne have been around all year. Would be a good move for them to pursue Erik Jones though. I just don't see Matt Kenseth and Carl Edwards retiring next year. They're still winning races.
I would of said that I could see Harvick leaving SHR to go to HMS next year and KK coming over to ride out his contract with SHR, but now that SHR is going to Ford, that tie has been cut and I dont think that is going to happen, but stranger things in Cup series have taken place in the past, so you just never know, like its said, as the tire turns

I would of said that I could see Harvick leaving SHR to go to HMS next year and KK coming over to ride out his contract with SHR, but now that SHR is going to Ford, that tie has been cut and I dont think that is going to happen, but stranger things in Cup series have taken place in the past, so you just never know, like its said, as the tire turns

Harvick's said he's staying. Whether that's to be believed or not, who knows. Honestly, I could see Harvick finishing out his contract and then replacing Darrell Waltrip at Fox in a couple years. :idunno:

Larson isn't happy at Ganassi. He feels like he should have several wins by now.

Rick Hendrick expected Kasey Kahne to be a championship contender when he first signed him. When he extended his contract at the end of the 2014 season and paired him up with a new crew chief, he expected Kahne to win several races and be a championship contender. That just has not happened.

The rumors of Kahne's departure are very believable.

Back
Top Bottom