Dover --- RACE thread

Hendrick stealing Erik Jones would be right up there with stealing Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson

Erik Jones is better than Chase Elliott and Kyle Larson, IMO. Only time I saw Elliott outdrive Jones in Late Models, Jones came away with the win because Elliott had tungsten in his car.

If Hendrick had Elliott and Jones on the same team, that'd be lethal.

Agreed Andy. I knew Jones was special when he beat Rowdy at the snowball derby. KBM is basically unbeatable at late models and his professional crew had Kyle up front with 4 fresh tires at the end. And this unknown kid in the sponsor less 4 late model flat blew past him. My mouth is still open from that day lol. I became a fan of his right then

Harvick's said he's staying. Whether that's to be believed or not, who knows. Honestly, I could see Harvick finishing out his contract and then replacing Darrell Waltrip at Fox in a couple years. :idunno:

Larson isn't happy at Ganassi. He feels like he should have several wins by now.

Rick Hendrick expected Kasey Kahne to be a championship contender when he first signed him. When he extended his contract at the end of the 2014 season and paired him up with a new crew chief, he expected Kahne to win several races and be a championship contender. That just has not happened.

The rumors of Kahne's departure are very believable.
Perry much this covers it.

Agreed Andy. I knew Jones was special when he beat Rowdy at the snowball derby. KBM is basically unbeatable at late models and his professional crew had Kyle up front with 4 fresh tires at the end. And this unknown kid in the sponsor less 4 late model flat blew past him. My mouth is still open from that day lol. I became a fan of his right then

I get mad when Christopher Bell shows up to a CARS Tour race because I can usually predict the result LOL Cole Timm and William Byron are the only drivers I've seen beat him.

Also, I hate the live pit stops at the Snowball Derby. It screwed Ty Majeski last year, because a bunch of other teams could afford to fly Cup teams in. They do that at Caraway too and a bunch of drivers flew in Cup teams for those races.

Harvick's said he's staying. Whether that's to be believed or not, who knows. Honestly, I could see Harvick finishing out his contract and then replacing Darrell Waltrip at Fox in a couple years. :idunno:

Larson isn't happy at Ganassi. He feels like he should have several wins by now.

Rick Hendrick expected Kasey Kahne to be a championship contender when he first signed him. When he extended his contract at the end of the 2014 season and paired him up with a new crew chief, he expected Kahne to win several races and be a championship contender. That just has not happened.

The rumors of Kahne's departure are very believable.
I take that back, I am going to be clear, I am not a Larson fan, never got on his hype train, but he does have some talent, and would like to see what he could do in a better ride, so a seat swap with him and Kasey would be a good start.

Larson to me is Kasey Kahne 2.0, pretty good driver but not great and even their career trajectories have been pretty much identical. Kahne did step up and win 6 races his third year so there's that lol. But overall I think they're yhe sake. Terribly inconsistent but then one race they'll be so good you think they can beat anyone. Then next race it's back to 20th lol

I take that back, I am going to be clear, I am not a Larson fan, never got on his hype train, but he does have some talent, and would like to see what he could do in a better ride, so a seat swap with him and Kasey would be a good start.
The 5 car is junk. Rick lets that happen. Let's get Larson into the 14 and Bowyer into the pace car.

The 5 car is junk. Rick lets that happen. Let's get Larson into the 14 and Bowyer into the pace car.

The 5 cars are built under the same roof as the 24 cars... and the 24 car is consistently beating the 5. It isn't the equipment. Kahne has had a couple different crew chiefs now and plentyyy of time to get Hendrick cars built the way he likes them. It's clear when a rookie comes in and instantly overshadows him that for some reason Kahne just doesn't have it or at least just isn't the right fit for the organization.

After that race today, I say lets just have the all star race at Dover next week.

The 5 cars are built under the same roof as the 24 cars... and the 24 car is consistently beating the 5. It isn't the equipment. Kahne has had a couple different crew chiefs now and plentyyy of time to get Hendrick cars built the way he likes them. It's clear when a rookie comes in and instantly overshadows him that for some reason Kahne just doesn't have it or at least just isn't the right fit for the organization.
The 5 car was junk when Kyle was driving it. If you want to see the difference, put Kasey in the 24 and Chase in the 5. It will quickly become obvious.

Kahnes last 3 finishes are 8, 4, and 4th, minus the wreck at the crapshoot Talladega. I wouldn't write him off quite yet. He's the kinda guy that when criticized will get hot and pull off a big win somewhere. Charlotte is his best track btw

Kahnes last 3 finishes are 8, 4, and 4th, minus the wreck at the crapshoot Talladega. I wouldn't write him off quite yet. He's the kinda guy that when criticized will get hot and pull off a big win somewhere. Charlotte is his best track btw
Kaseys house

Kasey has won 3 of the last 10 600s Jimmie has 1
Ok, JJ's last Coke 600 win was 2014, KK was in 2012, so its more like, KK won three Coke 600 in the last ten years (2005-2015) and JJ won two in that same time span.

So lets say that it was JJ's house that he built, and KK took care of it.

Something i heard on DPs radio. ..a lot of drivers complained that rubber built up wayyy Too much..was the tire different or something?

I take it back, it is the house that JJ built, JJ has 11 wins total at the track ( all series, all races) , and KK has 7 wins total in all series for all the races

A backmarker? You guys need to take the bias out of it. 17 wins and state wise is way better then Larson. Also ahead of him in points. Larson is 21st. Carry on with excuse making

I'm sorry but after the way all the Kahne fans have aggressively come out to defend him, I think it's hilarious that they failed post-race.

Because everyone else wrecked.
That maybe true, but Kasey was anywhere between 10th and 15th most of the race before the wreck. Sure the huge wreck help to move him up, but he could have finished around 10th even w/o the wreck.

A backmarker? You guys need to take the bias out of it. 17 wins and state wise is way better then Larson. Also ahead of him in points. Larson is 21st. Carry on with excuse making
Ok, lets be fair here , Kasey has been in Cup since 2004 and Larson since 2013, so yeah, Kasey has just a few more years on Larson in experience, now, Kasey did go out and get his first win in his second year, Larson now in his third year without a win, so there is that.

Kasey is in equipment that kids like Larson only dream to be in some day..... and Kasey has years of experience on this kid.... excuse making? I beg to differ...

Kahne won for second tier teams Evernham Motorsports, Gillette Evernham motorsports, RPM ( breaking a 10 year winless drought for the team and making the chase when their were only 10 cars), and Red Bull in a lame duck year when the team was about to shut down. All teams worse or at par with the equioment Larson is in. Larson not only has failed to win, but his best points finish is 18th.

Lol okay. Stats are bias free and tell the true story. When Larson goes to Hendrick and continues to struggle it will be because he "is still young"

I didn't know we were in a contest......
Lol okay. Stats are bias free and tell the true story. When Larson goes to Hendrick and continues to struggle it will be because he "is still young"
Wait, now I am confused, we can use stats to compare drivers, I thought because all the reason posted so far, using stats wasnt allowed ?

Wait, now I am confused, we can use stats to compare drivers, I thought because all the reason posted so far, using stats wasnt allowed ?

Stats are the only way to compare unless we're having a pissing contest. My point is that there careers are very comparable, and at the 3 year mark Kahne was ahead of where Larson is. Be careful to annoint drivers

Stats are the only way to compare unless we're having a pissing contest. My point is that there careers are very comparable, and at the 3 year mark Kahne was ahead of where Larson is. Be careful to annoint drivers
And be careful to avoid denigrating them. It works both ways.

Back
Top Bottom