Drive for diversity

DanicaFreak

2021 Big Gator winner <Green Monster>
nascar_d4d_combine_class_photo_101414.jpg

Back row, from left: Katlynn Leer, Dylan Smith, Hannah Newhouse, Emily Packard, Collin Cabre, Ruben Garcia, Devon Amos, Michael Lira, Paige Decker, Kenzie Ruston, Claire Decker. Front row, from right: Madeline Crane, Nicole Behar, Juan Garcia Duarte, Abraham Calderon, Natalie Decker, Ryan Glenski, Amber Balcaen, Ali Kern and Jairo Avila

This years class. Excited to see what they become. Amber B is a Canuck!!

from the article:

HAMPTON, Va. – It wasn’t long ago that Darrell Wallace Jr. was in this place, a teenager with Late Model experience looking to make a positive impression that would make him stand out in a crowded field of young, talented drivers.

Now 21-years-old and a three-time race winner in the NASCAR Camping World Truck Series, Wallace knows what the 20 drivers at Langley Speedway are going through as they competed in the 2014 NASCAR Drive For Diversity Combine on Tuesday.

On the line: A spot driving for Rev Racing in the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East and NASCAR Whelen All-American Series. And an opportunity to follow in the tracks of Wallace, NASCAR Sprint Cup Series rookie standout Kyle Larson and rising star Daniel Suarez.

“I can sense the butterflies from some of the drivers and I was the same way,” said Wallace, who earned his spot on Rev Racing in the fall of 2009 with his performance at Virginia’s Motor Mile Speedway. “You want to go out there and prove yourself. At the same time you just have to treat it as another day in the office. And that’s tough. It’s a lot of pressure on them.”

http://hometracks.nascar.com/NASCAR_D4D_Combine_Day-2_Making_An_Impression_101414

Check out my man with the flat top in the back row. :cool:

Man, I wish I was a part of this program. I'm too old and poor to start a racing career, though. A lot of these kids are under 18, and the oldest is only 23. And I'm sure they've all been racing since they were babies.

Man, I wish I was a part of this program. I'm too old and poor to start a racing career, though. A lot of these kids are under 18, and the oldest is only 23. And I'm sure they've all been racing since they were babies.
I looked your boy up. He looks pissed off most of the time. This aint football so somebody better teach him to relax or sponsors will be hard to come by.

Dylan Smith

dylansmithD4D_600.jpg
Dylan-Smith1-495x230.gif
DylanSmith.jpg

I looked your boy up. He looks pissed off most of the time. This aint football so somebody better teach him to relax or sponsors will be hard to come by.

Dylan Smith

dylansmithD4D_600.jpg
Dylan-Smith1-495x230.gif
DylanSmith.jpg
LOL!

Nah man, he's just focused. Intensely focused. ;)

Besides, you type like a honkey. ;)

What, no midgets!!

This is total BS.

I just called NASCAR on the phone about this seemingly insensitive omission of looking over the midgets.

They sez they know what they are doing. When Tony, Jeff, and Dinger retire they will bring some more up to the cup series to replace them. They even said they actually had more than a full representation when little Wad Burton was active. They did a head count of their midgets at the time and just overlooked one of them.

BTW they had some good music playing while I was was on hold by some guy named Randy Newman.

I just called NASCAR on the phone about this seemingly insensitive omission of looking over the midgets.

They sez they know what they are doing. When Tony, Jeff, and Dinger retire they will bring some more up to the cup series to replace them. They even said they actually had more than a full representation when little Wad Burton was active. They did a head count of their midgets at the time and just overlooked one of them.

BTW they had some good music playing while I was was on hold by some guy named Randy Newman.
lol

Thanks. I would have called Brian myself, but I'm too short to reach the phone.

Paige and Claire are sisters. Natalie is their cousin.
This is the picture I was going to put up under " The Decker Sisters".. I forgot to change the label of the other one to the Decker girls, which they are.

topStory4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom