Cars

BobbyFord

Secret Agent Man
Contributor
Not as many cars as I expected at the car meet this week :(.
Next week will be better.

One for @TexasRaceLady

This was a super clean little Bug

Probably my favorite Super Car. Corvette motor, 6-speed Porsche transaxle, weighs under 2,200 lbs.
  • Fastest 0–60 mph (97 km/h) time: 2.6 seconds
  • Fastest 0–100 mph (160 km/h) time: 5.3 seconds
  • Fastest 30 mph (48 km/h)–70 mph (110 km/h) time: 1.8 seconds
  • Fastest 100 mph (160 km/h)– 0 mph time: 3.6 seconds
  • Fastest 0–100 mph (160 km/h)– 0 mph time: 9.4 seconds
  • Best performance on a skidpad: 1.176g lateral grip in a 200 ft (60 m) circle.
  • Fastest road car over the 1/4 mile: 9.9 seconds @ 143 mph

Hemi Car

The Ultima is really the most badass Super Car. Eats Ferraris and Lambos for a snack. The Ultima GTR was also available in a twin-turbo version.

I need this:

gtr52.jpg

I had checked out an AMX last fall. The internet pictures made it look nicer than it was.
Internet pictures seem to do that all the time. That and looking at a car under anything except bright daylight.

Looked at a GTO recently that I found posted for sale on eBay. The pictures looked great... but it turned out they were taken ten years ago! (And the car had been rotting outside since then.) The seller thought it still looked the same, and had it priced accordingly. I let him keep it. Good thing it wasn't a long drive from home. I never buy a car without checking it out myself first.

Internet pictures seem to do that all the time. That and looking at a car under anything except bright daylight.

Looked at a GTO recently that I found posted for sale on eBay. The pictures looked great... but it turned out they were taken ten years ago! (And the car had been rotting outside since then.) The seller thought it still looked the same, and had it priced accordingly. I let him keep it. Good thing it wasn't a long drive from home. I never buy a car without checking it out myself first.
Mine was a long trip. I got to drive across Wisconsin during the fall colors (I figured I just wanted a road trip).

Not as many cars as I expected at the car meet this week :(.
Next week will be better.

One for @TexasRaceLady

This was a super clean little Bug

Probably my favorite Super Car. Corvette motor, 6-speed Porsche transaxle, weighs under 2,200 lbs.
  • Fastest 0–60 mph (97 km/h) time: 2.6 seconds
  • Fastest 0–100 mph (160 km/h) time: 5.3 seconds
  • Fastest 30 mph (48 km/h)–70 mph (110 km/h) time: 1.8 seconds
  • Fastest 100 mph (160 km/h)– 0 mph time: 3.6 seconds
  • Fastest 0–100 mph (160 km/h)– 0 mph time: 9.4 seconds
  • Best performance on a skidpad: 1.176g lateral grip in a 200 ft (60 m) circle.
  • Fastest road car over the 1/4 mile: 9.9 seconds @ 143 mph

Hemi Car

I will bet a dollar that the Beatle was a 1966. Great pics.

Back
Top Bottom