Dylan Kwasniewski

The Long Shot

Crew Chief
Am I the only person that can't stand this kid? He's taken a great developmental series career, a top-tier ride and a full-season sponsorship deal, and has done absolutely nothing with it. 2 top 10 finishes in 21 races? Blech. And on top of that, his ego almost rivals that of the Busch brothers.

I don't know about anyone else, but this is one guy who I hope does not succeed at the next level.

He's always seemed like an arrogant prick IMO. Couldn't believe he made it all the way to Nationwide, can't believe Rockstar spent so much damn money on him. Never saw evidence of a whole lot of talent.

Last edited:
Am I the only person that can't stand this kid? He's taken a great developmental series career, a top-tier ride and a full-season sponsorship deal, and has done absolutely nothing with it. 2 top 10 finishes in 21 races? Blech. And on top of that, his ego almost rivals that of the Busch brothers.

I don't know about anyone else, but this is one guy who I hope does not succeed at the next level.

:confused: Turner Scott is a top-tier ride? He has a lot of talent but they moved him up way to soon. He needed a year or two in trucks but they'll be patient with him since he has sponsorship. Chip Gannassi signed him to a driver development deal so he isn't going anywhere

I don't know anything about him, what's the attitude/ego issues with him?

I watched Dylan out here in Northern California, he is talented. Not evryone is going to hit the ground running. I dont know where the ego stuff is coming from.

He seems ok to me but I don't pay a ton of attention to him either. I say give him some time to grow up. Kurt didn't..."grow up" until the last few years.

I watched Dylan out here in Northern California, he is talented. Not evryone is going to hit the ground running. I dont know where the ego stuff is coming from.

He wears a flat-billed cap and has blonde hair, so he must be some young punk full of himself. :rolleyes:

I don't really have an opinion on him, other than he's young. It's probably fair to give him more time to learn, but it's also unfair that other drivers with a little more experience will never get the opportunity he has right now. Hopefully he makes the most of it, but if not there are worse things to be in life than an auto racing bust.

He wears a flat-billed cap and has blonde hair, so he must be some young punk full of himself. :rolleyes:

I don't really have an opinion on him, other than he's young. It's probably fair to give him more time to learn, but it's also unfair that other drivers with a little more experience will never get the opportunity he has right now. Hopefully he makes the most of it, but if not there are worse things to be in life than an auto racing bust.

Ahhh yes the Colin Kaepernick judgement, thats right. I wear a flat billed cap too.....HAHA Im a punk I guess.

One thing I will never understand is the mindset that these older veterans or more experienced drivers not getting that shot is unfair. There has always seemed to be a lot of jealousy from the Nascar community and other drivers regarding someone having money and using it to be successful. People need to realize that it costs a lot of money to run a car every week these days. If a kid has it and can land sponsorship and make that aspect of a racing program easier why is that so bad?

I like his spunk, but there is a fine line between being ****y and confident.

Whats wrong with flat brimmed hats? Fitted or snapbacks, I own some. I still say he should started in the truck series before tossing him in the fire, but with that sponsorship... He's not going anywhere for the next couple of years.

Ahhh yes the Colin Kaepernick judgement, thats right. I wear a flat billed cap too.....HAHA Im a punk I guess.

One thing I will never understand is the mindset that these older veterans or more experienced drivers not getting that shot is unfair. There has always seemed to be a lot of jealousy from the Nascar community and other drivers regarding someone having money and using it to be successful. People need to realize that it costs a lot of money to run a car every week these days. If a kid has it and can land sponsorship and make that aspect of a racing program easier why is that so bad?

I was more referring to older young guys (if that makes sense) who maybe have just a couple more years of experience but will never have the money to get above late models or 360 sprints.

I'd love to hear the other side of the "money baby" story. I mean, there have to be at least a couple of drivers who didn't bring as much sponsorship to the table but got a chance with a team because someone else in the stable did, right?

I like his spunk, but there is a fine line between being ****y and confident.

Whats wrong with flat brimmed hats? Fitted or snapbacks, I own some. I still say he should started in the truck series before tossing him in the fire, but with that sponsorship... He's not going anywhere for the next couple of years.

Personally, I've got nothing against them, other than they look goofy on me because my face is more broken than that Armco barrier at Watkins Glen after McDowell found it. Clarkfn was spot-on with the Colin Kaepernick observation, though. Cam Newton gets it a lot for wearing a towel on his head on the sidelines. Clearly, the only acceptable form of headwear for gentlemanly athletes is the curved-brim ballcap.

Personally, I've got nothing against them, other than they look goofy on me because my face is more broken than that Armco barrier at Watkins Glen after McDowell found it. Clarkfn was spot-on with the Colin Kaepernick observation, though. Cam Newton gets it a lot for wearing a towel on his head on the sidelines. Clearly, the only acceptable form of headwear for gentlemanly athletes is the curved-brim ballcap.

Its not for everyone. Flat brimmed trucker caps have been around way before my birth. The only curved hat I have is an old Dale Jarrett cap when he was sponsored by UPS...

Dylan has more reason to be there than a Dakoda Armstrong... No offense to the guy...

He's a rookie driving like a rookie; it's his douchey attitude that I'm not a fan of.

I'm giving him until next year..if he keeps on his current performance, he won't even get a third year. However, he is still a rookie. Hell I see Larson making a ton of rookie mistakes in cup still.

I wear a Flatbilled cap myself. The arrogance I see has nothing to do with his fashion sense.

I'm giving him until next year..if he keeps on his current performance, he won't even get a third year. However, he is still a rookie. Hell I see Larson making a ton of rookie mistakes in cup still.

:rolleyes: If Brian Scott and Danica Patrick are still around this kid will be fine. He has way more talent then both of them. Remember he's only 18 years old

I wear a Flatbilled cap myself. The arrogance I see has nothing to do with his fashion sense.

What arrogance? Again, I have not seen this. I have been around the kid as he was coming up, he usually stuck to himself and his team and just did his thing. I havent seen the arrogance anyone is speaking about.

I don't think it's fair to judge his performance on the track, not even through his first year in the nationwide series. He doesn't seem arrogant to me either, maybe fired up sometimes, but thats it.

As far as how he wears his hat, who the **** cares?? I wear my hats backwards, does that make me stupid? He can wear a flat billed hat backwards, inside out, upside down, to the side, i don't really care. Its his choice.

What arrogance? Again, I have not seen this. I have been around the kid as he was coming up, he usually stuck to himself and his team and just did his thing. I havent seen the arrogance anyone is speaking about.

He just comes off like a dick on the tv.. Idk man the first time I saw him at a K&N race a couple years ago.. I had never even heard of him.. And during the post race interview he just came off (to me)like the world owed him something.

If you knew him when he was coming up you would obviously be a better judge of his character than me..

:rolleyes: If Brian Scott and Danica Patrick are still around this kid will be fine. He has way more talent then both of them. Remember he's only 18 years old

Brian Scott doesn't crash out almost every week and we all know why Danica still has a ride.

He just comes off like a dick on the tv.. Idk man the first time I saw him at a K&N race a couple years ago.. I had never even heard of him.. And during the post race interview he just came off (to me)like the world owed him something.

If you knew him when he was coming up you would obviously be a better judge of his character than me..

I have never had a negative experience with him. I helped my buddy at the Toyota Allstar race a few years back and Dylan was in the east west race. My buddy was in their Late Model race. It was his first ever late model race and Dylan was actually pretty helpful in giving him some ideas on how to get around Irwindale better. I have jad a couple other interactions with him as he was racing in the west series and never saw anything that I could identify as being arrogant. He obviously rubs you the wrong way for whatever reason. I was just curious if I was missing something or if I didnt see something during or after a Nationwide race.

I have never had a negative experience with him. I helped my buddy at the Toyota Allstar race a few years back and Dylan was in the east west race. My buddy was in their Late Model race. It was his first ever late model race and Dylan was actually pretty helpful in giving him some ideas on how to get around Irwindale better. I have jad a couple other interactions with him as he was racing in the west series and never saw anything that I could identify as being arrogant. He obviously rubs you the wrong way for whatever reason. I was just curious if I was missing something or if I didnt see something during or after a Nationwide race.
Nope. Didn't miss anything. I'm just a judgemental assjole apparently. Haha

I still don't think he's that great a racecar driver though.

Last edited:
Brian Scott doesn't crash out almost every week and we all know why Danica still has a ride.

He's 18 and a ROOKIE, stenhouse did the same thing his rookie year, and he ended up winning back to back championships. He won dominated the east and west series, he has plenty of talent. He comes with plenty of sponsorship as well, he isn't going anywhere. Brian Scott wrecked every week when he started out, but he improved, same as Sam Hornish Jr.

Some of y'all crack me up. Plenty of young talent in the pipes and every week there's a thread calling for some 19-year old rookie to he pink slipped. Who do you all want to see race for crying out loud? Timmy Hill??

Milka Duno apparently :rolleyes:

for what its worth when I was in vegas in march he took time out to sign autographs as he walked by when race practice was over.

Back
Top Bottom