Easy To Get Hooked On NASCAR

SlicedBread22

#TeamJL
Add one to the new fan list... good article.

http://www2.canada.com/theprovince/cars/story.html?id=9a468bb3-0df5-4ce4-a441-d82d54ad06ea

"I'm pumped and prepared for this race but, nooo! Due to rain, the race is postponed until Monday at noon. How can this be? I'll be trapped in the office.

I end up listening to the race at my desk on an Internet radio station. Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s No. 88
Chevrolet caught fire when he hit the wall. Kevin Harvick, in the No. 4 Chevrolet, blew an engine.

The last two laps are thrilling. Team Penske teammates Joey Logano and Keselowski are in the lead in their Fords with Jeff Gordon's No. 24 Chevrolet breathing down their necks.

With less than two laps to go, a debris caution flag flies.

Keselowski gets pulled out of the race for speeding in pit road. (That can happen?).Gordon decides to only change two tires. Logano changes all four. Will Gordon's timesavings win out over Logano's fierce rubber grip on the last lap? In a swift pass, Logano passes Gordon and wins the Duck Commander 500.

I'm hooked."

Last edited:
Also (found in article) did you guys know that the term 'the pole' has its origins in horse racing, in which the fastest qualifying horse would be allowed to start on the inside part of the course, next to the pole.

I never really thought about it... interesting.

Glad you enjoy Sprint Cup, and the drama of the races.
Hope you stay.
Hope you don't get turned off by the drama outside of the races.

That NEW fan(you know, the only ones that matter?) lacks attention span and enjoys fabricated races.. We're screwed.

He probably shat himself during last nights barnburner.
Lol its one person... don't base the entire idea off this person. It's just nice to see people becoming interested in the sport.

Lol its one person... don't base the entire idea off this person. It's just nice to see people becoming interested in the sport.

Yeah and it was a she... Haha.. What I'm saying is, what NASCAR is doing to the sport(ruining the integrity), might actually be gaining fans. That sucks!

Good to see she is trying to learn as she goes along though.. Long way to go though. At the end of the article she wrote about Darlington, if she didn't check the TV guide after the article, chances are she missed the Southern 500. lol

I did a google search on the name "Lisa Calvi".
It may or may not be her but I am inspired.

brits_2012_lisa_snowdon.jpeg

When the race last weekend was postponed to Monday, I considered going to the people in charge of the TVs in the student lounge on my campus. I eventually decided against it, since I don't want any new fans to support this POS playoff system.

When the race last weekend was postponed to Monday, I considered going to the people in charge of the TVs in the student lounge on my campus. I eventually decided against it, since I don't want any new fans to support this POS playoff system.
Wait, you dont have a remote control for the TVs in the lounge? What is this.. a school for communists?
Zoolander.jpg

I wish Lisa Calvi knew this thread existed... All of them.

Back
Top Bottom