Edwards to Joe Gibbs Racing, Suarez?

Always this manu talk is so ridiculous Gibbs is with Toyota for the long haul bery long haul things are not like the ised to be the manu switches with the big teams too much logistics...

Always this manu talk is so ridiculous Gibbs is with Toyota for the long haul bery long haul things are not like the ised to be the manu switches with the big teams too much logistics...
Sorry typos from my phone

No way are they going to switch to Chevy. Chevy is already over-saturated with teams and their engineering support is spread very thin.

I really doubt that they are going anywhere particularly given that Denny and Matt were at the 2015 test. Having said that, the engineering support comes from the builder really, so the question is whether or not Hendrick or ECR could handle another team. Ford and Chevy write checks to RYR, Hendrick and ECR. Toyota invests in TRD. I probably pissed a whole bunch of people off by saying that, but it is a difference that TRD and Toyota are extremely proud of.

Sneak peak at the car being unveiled today.....

BvZtpTiCUAEA-lX.jpg:large

Carl Edwards will be introduced on Tuesday as Joe Gibbs Racing newest driver in the Sprint Cup Series beginning in the 2015 season, multiple sources confirmed Monday night.

That much isn't a big surprise.

However, JGR will also be welcoming a new sponsor to NASCAR - Arris - which will adorn Edwards' No. 19 Toyota for roughly half the season. Arris is a communications technology company specializing in the design and engineering of broadband networks.

Arris' involvement in NASCAR will go far beyond just sponsorship of Edwards. Details will be announced during Tuesday morning's news conference at JGR headquarters in Huntersville, N.C.

@nascarcasm

Have a feeling JGR's announcement will overshadow Jack Roush's "GIANT CLEARANCE SALE" announcement coming later today.

@nascarcasm

"Carl Weathers to race for former NFL coach in sprint cars for the NASCAR. Let's get reaction from RGIII..." - Mainstream media.

@MartySmithESPN

Coach jokes he’s “reached an agreement with Carl. Whenever he sees our guys coming he’s going to pull over."

I really hope JGR can get their 2015 program right cause if it's like this year's program, my roommate is going to be chirping about how going to four cars in cup was a mistake for JGR.

Arris (pronounced "AIR-iss") will sponsor Edwards in Cup, Suarez in N'wide, KBM in Truck and car in NASCAR Mexico Series.

Carlos Slim, who briefly surpassed Bill Gates as the richest person in the world, is in attendance at JGR. He's behind Suarez to NNS

Did Joe Gibbs Racing Net worth just go up by $72 billion? Carlos Slim welcome to NASCAR

@DGodfatherMoody

New JGR backer Carlos Slim Domit is the son of Carlos Slim, Forbes Magazine's richest man in the world. Great add for JGR and the sport!

No crew chief named for Carl ... Joe Gibbs says most of the people on 4th team will come from inside JGR.

@MartySmithESPN

Edwards: I felt like at this time in my life/career a change might be something that would let me reach the goal (of winning a championship)

@Riceman61

Funny, Carl Edwards congratulates @CandiceSpencer for breaking this story 3 years ago, nice light moment

@MartySmithESPN

Edwards: To be honest, Matt’s success over here was a big eye opener for me.

Edwards: I don’t ever want to look back and say, boy, I wish I would have done that.

@MartySmithESPN

Coach Gibbs says most of balance of sponsorship (19 races) for 19 is already sold & in fact other companies approaching them 2b involved

No mention of Sadler or Wallace Jr. yet.....

Never mind. He simply said things are in the works.

Note to Sadler..... Update that resume. Quick.

Back
Top Bottom