Edwards to Joe Gibbs Racing, Suarez?

Very big announcement . The only thing missing is a big name crew chief addition . Gibbs needs a big name free agent in order to move forward . IMO . Gotta be nice though , walking in to meet potential sponsors with that line up . I 'd hate to be Jack Roush .

Very big announcement . The only thing missing is a big name crew chief addition . Gibbs needs a big name free agent in order to move forward . IMO . Gotta be nice though , walking in to meet potential sponsors with that line up . I 'd hate to be Jack Roush .

more like welcome to the zoo. Like you think they will all have a group hug and sing cum buy yah or somthin.

I am sure Joe asked Matt if he had any issues with this before they started talking to Carl, but it will be interesting since you know Matt left Roush because Roush had more money for Carl then him...

Always nice seeing the bigger teams expand. That's why I think NASCAR should raise the team limit back up to 5. The more guys in top cars the better racing.

Would love to see Penske, RCR and MWR all go to 3 drivers in the near future if possible. Here's to hoping.

I actually agree with you on this. There was a time when I dreaded the 5 car teams, but now since it is a given that the smaller teams wont have a chance I'd rather just be a bunch of good drivers in a bunch of great equipment.

I am not for huge teams, but I like even less Nascar sticking their noses in and limiting free enterprise.

he still has to beat HMS just like he did at roush. and didn't get it done

Edwards can win a title with Gibbs if they put the right equipment under him. Really talented driver that was carrying Roush.
will he get better equipment than the 3 others, that can't get it done, or haven't yet.

Im sorry, how many championships does Gibbs have? Dont worry I'll wait...

Whats misleading about it? Carl has two wins, Denny has one, Kyle has one. Would you like a calculator?

Glad Carl is with JGR. You stick with him, and I'll buy you a Toyota cap or a new Carl Arris cap. I'm not ****ting you.

A note of particular pride for me.....Coach: "We wouldn't be able to do this....we would have any of this....without Toyota." BOOM! Freakin' love it. I am jacked! Feel like I need to send out announcements and pass out cigars. Hell yes!!!!

If anything I'd say this move makes Denny more expendable. Not that he's going anywhere, but I just have a gut feeling he's on thin ice over there. He's been doing a lot of complaining lately and not much else.

I think Carl can win a championship with JGR though, I'm just not convinced they have the equipment to do it yet. I think if they can level out the HP disadvantage the Toyota's are currently dealing with, then he will become very formidable. He's shown he can win on any type of track.

I also agree with @ted@economy in that they need a big name crew chief. If they can bring in a guy who knows what he's doing then they could be instant contenders ala Harvick and the 4 team. Of course on the flip side, we've all seen the growing pains associated with starting a brand new team. It won't matter how good the driver and CC are, if the crew can't remember to tighten the lug nuts or take the bean bags out of the car, then it could be a long season for Carl.

If anything I'd say this move makes Denny more expendable. Not that he's going anywhere, but I just have a gut feeling he's on thin ice over there. He's been doing a lot of complaining lately and not much else.

I think Carl can win a championship with JGR though, I'm just not convinced they have the equipment to do it yet. I think if they can level out the HP disadvantage the Toyota's are currently dealing with, then he will become very formidable. He's shown he can win on any type of track.

I also agree with @ted@economy in that they need a big name crew chief. If they can bring in a guy who knows what he's doing then they could be instant contenders ala Harvick and the 4 team. Of course on the flip side, we've all seen the growing pains associated with starting a brand new team. It won't matter how good the driver and CC are, if the crew can't remember to tighten the lug nuts or take the bean bags out of the car, then it could be a long season for Carl.

The sport is cyclical....JGR will once again have the equipment necessary to contend....maybe sooner than we think. Adam Stevens is a lock IMO to join the JGR CC's, but I am wondering if there might be a shuffle of sorts.

The sport is cyclical....JGR will once again have the equipment necessary to contend....maybe sooner than we think. Adam Stevens is a lock IMO to join the JGR CC's, but I am wondering if there might be a shuffle of sorts.

Yeah I agree, I don't think they are dealing with systemic issues like I believe Roush is dealing with right now. They are down on power, and once they get those engines tuned up a little, they should be in real good shape going forward.

I don't believe that Toyota will go away. They love NASCAR, and have benefitted hugely. However, ALL of the momentum that they had gained in recent years was due to the relationship they have with JGR. Losing JGR would put them back to the Red Bull years--maybe worse. Wondering if JGR might take their engine program back in house with TRD support--the original plan.

Kyle will be overjoyed with JGR engines, he will win with them even if they are slugs

A note of particular pride for me.....Coach: "We wouldn't be able to do this....we would have any of this....without Toyota." BOOM! Freakin' love it. I am jacked! Feel like I need to send out announcements and pass out cigars. Hell yes!!!!
do what, be win less? Heck anybody can do that..the object is to win the sprint cup. :idunno:

do what, be win less? Heck anybody can do that..the object is to win the sprint cup. :idunno:

JGR would not be in the game without Toyota much less with a four car team.

If you say so, They had more success in a shorter time when they were driving GM's. 3 sprint cups..nothing since. I have to say that the change to Toyota hasn't been a good one. Pass out the cigars I guess, I'll smoke one if they are good ones.:biggrin:

snip...I also agree with @ted@economy in that they need a big name crew chief. If they can bring in a guy who knows what he's doing then they could be instant contenders ala Harvick and the 4 team.

It was reported on Nascar Race Hub today that they expect to promote from within.

I agree there seems to be a cycle where chevy , then ford , then toyota seem to get a small competitve advantage . But when your turn comes , you have to have all the right drivers in place to take advantage . I think that Hedndrick , Gibbs and Penske are there.

Anyway Carl and take Fennig with him?

My guess is Biffle, Stenhouse, and Bayne are now fighting over who gets him. If I was Roush I'd move Fennig over to NNS and team him with Chris Buescher. Get him and Chris acquainted so when Chris moves up to Cup they can hit the ground running. Roush's current Cup line up is just a band-aid, unfortunately for Chris he is now the savior whether he wants to be or not.

If Jack has any smarts left at all, Fennig moves to the 16.
Yeah, that should be a no-brainer - pair your best CC up with your best driver and see if they can make it work. Matt and Carl both got to work with him, so it's only fair that Greg should have a chance to.

It'll be interesting to see how they do together if they get paired up.

I use to like Edwards until he acted like he was going to punch Matt after a race. He fake punched at him on camera, since then, I do not care if Carl Edwards shows up for a Race ever again, he is a punk.

I use to like Edwards until he acted like he was going to punch Matt after a race. He fake punched at him on camera, since then, I do not care if Carl Edwards shows up for a Race ever again, he is a punk.
Yeah, I took issue with that too. Carl went through this strange dark period for a while where he was coming across as a bit of a jerk. He quickly earned my respect back when he stood up to Kyle Busch at Bristol, though. I was on his side throughout his feud with Brad, and then he had that incredible season in 2011, and I was really disappointed when he lost that championship to Stewart. I've always liked Kenseth, and other than that one altercation, I've never had an issue with Carl either. Hopefully they'll get along. I'm actually more interested to see how Carl meshes with Kyle, because they've had more than one dust-up on the track.

I was pleased to read this quote in an article I just found, though of course it could just be Carl saying all the right things:
It helps that Kenseth and Edwards are now close after not always seeing eye-to-eye at Roush (Edwards infamously threatened to punch Kenseth following a 2007 race at Martinsville Speedway).

Now, though, Edwards said Kenseth is one of his closest friends in the garage.

"I have a problem or I have something I'm thinking about or worrying about, I can call Matt, I can talk to Matt, I can go over and see him," Edwards said. "He's a really good dude. I didn't understand Matt for a long time. I didn't know how to deal with his sarcasm and his humor.

"We've been through a lot and he's a very, very good competitor and he's a straight-up guy. It'll be really nice to be back with him."

Full article here: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...dwards-joined-joe-gibbs-racing-2015/14301427/

Yeah, I took issue with that too. Carl went through this strange dark period for a while where he was coming across as a bit of a jerk. He quickly earned my respect back when he stood up to Kyle Busch at Bristol, though. I was on his side throughout his feud with Brad, and then he had that incredible season in 2011, and I was really disappointed when he lost that championship to Stewart. I've always liked Kenseth, and other than that one altercation, I've never had an issue with Carl either. Hopefully they'll get along. I'm actually more interested to see how Carl meshes with Kyle, because they've had more than one dust-up on the track.

I was pleased to read this quote in an article I just found, though of course it could just be Carl saying all the right things:

Full article here: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...dwards-joined-joe-gibbs-racing-2015/14301427/

That was rather epic wasn't it, the crowd sure loved it too. They gave Carl a real good ovation after he spun Kyle. Good to hear him and Matt put their differences aside, they should be fine. I agree with you, in that it will be more interesting to see the relationship between Carl and Kyle and how they develop.

Back
Top Bottom