El Futuro de Waltrip

E

esorlxaw

If I've posted this before, forgive me. It seems to me that Waltrip is displaying strong behaviors of someone who isn't planning on staying with DEI. It seems to be tossed about like Waltrips lifelong aspiration was to be with DEI forever. I'm not talking about anything he's said, I'm looking at a couple of OTHER factors.
1.) Busch Series -- Michael is doing quite well in the Busch Series, while he may no longer be in contention for the championship, he is obviously an effective owner/driver in that series.

2.) Kenny Wallace in the 00 car. Why would anyone in their right mind go out of their way and spend their own money to field a Cup car from a Busch team unless they were trying out a Cup package for a Cup team? Is it possible that Waltrip is going to start fielding more of these Cup cars? Perhaps in preparation for 2005...or 2006 when his contract with DEI is up? Sounds like a STRONG possibility to me.

Don't misconstrue this, I'm no expert in the field, but if a successful Busch team fields some Cup cars it usually means they're looking to make the move. Maybe Michael wants to go out driving for himself or something. I don't know, all I'm saying is that it would make sense for him to continue running Cup and Busch and then after his contract is over with DEI to go on and move from Busch to Cup with his own team and do that deal for a few years before moving on to broadcasting and hiring a "young gun" to fill his shoes.

Any thoughts?

I would think that if he can find sponsorship to field a team, DEI might not have any problem with releasing him early. It seems to me that DEI has talent within and also there appears to be some drivers unhappy with their present situation who would most likely jump at the chance to drive a DEI car. I honestly think we'll see Biffle driving for DEI next year.

Finding sponsorship should be a dream for Waltrip...Aaron's, which funds his Busch effort is more than likely very pleased with his performance for them as well as the double whammy they get with DW in commercial alongside him. I'm sure they'd be more than willing to make the jump to Cup when he was ready to do it.

Arrons did do it a couple years ago for Johnny at the end of the season when he lost his sponser. I'm sure it was due to Mikey's recommendation. Yes, I think when Mikey is ready Arrons will be with him. They've done several Cup races in the past couple years with Mikey's team with different drivers. I don't think they've sponsered anyone but Mikey's cars, atleast not in the past 3 or 4 years.

Back
Top Bottom