Eldora - Anyone here going for the Truck race?

uploadfromtaptalk1406074499382.jpg

Tony doing some track work.

Dirt LM race tonight. Getting pelted with lots of crap. My father in law took this to the chest during hot laps.....

uploadfromtaptalk1406074712335.jpg

We are here. Showed up during the LM race, a little bummed we fell behind schedule and missed the race. Everyone is in good spirits. Drinks now and getting ready for a late dinner. Enjoy the race everyone.

Sun down amd the weather is perfect right now. Lots of campers here.

I got a thumbnail sized rock in the shoulder but it was all part of it. DP can post pictures off of his phone but I can't. I forgot my camera but I'll have it tomorrow. A lot of fun tonight but a lot more tomorrow.

I got a thumbnail sized rock in the shoulder but it was all part of it. DP can post pictures off of his phone but I can't. I forgot my camera but I'll have it tomorrow. A lot of fun tonight but a lot more tomorrow.
As long as the hand that holds the beer isn't hit, you're good to go. :)

If you see any dirt, post a picture!

lol Have fun.

Couldn't make it again this year because of work and stuff. Which really sucks because I live less than two hours away :(

Wonder if every truck will start tonight, or if they will have a b feature type of deal like last year?

Wonder if every truck will start tonight, or if they will have a b feature type of deal like last year?

Yes. There's 34 trucks entered, 30 will start.

The overall race procedures for the Mudsummer Classic are as follows:

Qualifying
• Two-lap, single-truck qualifying determines starting position for the qualifying races with random draw determining the qualifying order.

Qualifying Races
• Five qualifying races will be held at 10 laps each and only green flag laps are counted.
• Lineup for the qualifying races will be based on qualifying speeds.
• The top five trucks in qualifying will start on the pole for their respective qualifying races with four locked-in trucks (top 20 in driver points) starting in each qualifying race.
• Five trucks from each qualifying race will transfer to the feature – four locked-in trucks and one non-locked-in truck.
• Upon completion of the qualifying races, 25 trucks will earn spots in the feature race.

Last Chance Race
• The lineup will be based on finishing position from the qualifying races and the race will be 15 laps with only green flag laps counted.
• Top-four finishers transfer to the feature and start in positions 26-29.
• The 30th starting position goes to the most recent past series champion. If the position is not filled by an eligible champion, it will be assigned to the next highest finishing truck of the Last Chance Race.

Last edited:
Thanks. Wasn't for sure if they had enough trucks entered for it or not.

Can't really do any justice with my cellphone pics but it is awesome seeing these trucks in dirt. They ain't late models but fun none the less.

Rain moved through late last night into early this morning. Not sure what the day will bring .

Last edited:
Odd question from someone who doesn't know a lot about dirt racing...can you race in the rain?

Back
Top Bottom