Eldora - Anyone here going for the Truck race?

uploadfromtaptalk1406134284748.jpg
Soon to be gone should Brian get his way.

I talked to a few of these vendors yesterday. Pissed off is an understatement.

uploadfromtaptalk1406135508298.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1406135540037.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1406135540037.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 78
  • uploadfromtaptalk1406135576967.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1406135576967.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 68
qualifying starting on FS1

Back from another great trip to Eldora. I still can't figure out why more of you on here don't attend this one. A memorable race last year and even more so this year.

Not Goodyear but we suffered a blow out one the back straight of I-80 on the way home yesterday. Kept her off the wall. The yellow flag was not thrown and my pit crew was forced to work trackside as I was two miles from the entrance of pit road. My crew took two hours to complete the right side front tire change an repair and we were back underway. Due to the delay we were relegated to last place but my DNF stat still resides @ zero.

20140724_152457small.jpg

Not Goodyear but we suffered a blow out one the back straight of I-80 on the way home yesterday. Kept her off the wall. The yellow flag was not thrown and my pit crew was forced to work trackside as I was two miles from the entrance of pit road. My crew took two hours to complete the right side front tire change an repair and we were back underway. Due to the delay we were relegated to last place but my DNF stat still resides @ zero.

Glad you made it home safely. No DNF is a good thing.
Did the blow out cause the damage?

Did the blow out cause the damage?
Yes. It seems to be just cosmetic. The tire ripped through the protective covering under the floor but didn't seem to to any structural damage. I must have hit something that I didn't notice. The tires are only two years old and have a small amount of miles on them. Time to replace them all I guess. Rather expensive but I'm going to need to do so for peace of mind. RV tires are notorious for what I experienced. Normally the results aren't so kind. We were lucky.

View attachment 14062
We're glad that it ended well with little damage.

Yes. It seems to be just cosmetic. The tire ripped through the protective covering under the floor but didn't seem to to any structural damage. I must have hit something that I didn't notice. The tires are only two years old and have a small amount of miles on them. Time to replace them all I guess. Rather expensive but I'm going to need to do so for peace of mind. RV tires are notorious for what I experienced. Normally the results aren't so kind. We were lucky.
Two of us with wheel problems on the track and zero DNF's. That's a good thing. :D

Thanks..... Got plenty more but sometimes what happens at the track stays at the track. ;)
YEP.

Called the insurance company. Found it is a comprehensive claim. Very cool. Only $50 deductible. Insurance adjuster to arrive today or Monday. :cool:
Damn, thats great. Now talk them into buying you all new load range D tires so it wont happen again. :D

Back
Top Bottom