Elliotts and Hendrick meet with NAPA

Discussion in 'NASCAR chat' started by ElliottFan, Nov 15, 2013.

1. ElliottFan

ElliottFan Crew Chief

Take this with a grain but it was on Jayski.

2. Johali

Johali Team Owner Contributor

I read it earlier and the part that caught my attention was Kelly being involved. Is JRM getting ready to enter a deal with Chase and NAPA in conjunction with HMS to lock up Chase Elliott for the future.
  3. ElliottFan

ElliottFan Crew Chief

Isnt JR motorsports an extention of Hendricks of sorts?? I know there is some connection.
  4. SpeedPagan

SpeedPagan The iRacing Guru

I always thought Jr. Motorsports was a development team/program.
  5. mreed

mreed nuthin fancy

Rick owns part of JRM.

It started out that way but evolved into something else.
  6. Johali

Yep.
  7. Restrictor Plate King!

Restrictor Plate King! Team Owner

Jr Motorsports had originally took over Hendricks Busch Series program starting in 2008 when Jr first got to Hendrick Motorsports. At that time, all the Busch Series equipment was packed up & sent to Jr Motorsports. Now I know that Jr had talked in the past of the possibility of starting a Cup program and this would be a good opportunity to do it. With NASCAR's 4 Car Team rule place, Hendrick has no spots on his program. Honestly though, I think they're gonna run Chase on a full time Busch Series deal next year & then by 2015, depending on how he doe's next season in that series, maybe Kahne will be gone or Gordon will retire & Chase can take that seat. If not, then they can just run the 5th Hendrick car out of Jr Motorsports. I thought Kelley's last name was Ellidge, did she divorce him & marry some other guy?
  8. Johali

Yep she did. By the way I agree with all you said.

http://www.jrmracing.com/racing/executives/kelley_earnhardt_miller/default.aspx

http://www.workingmother.com/celebrity-moms/kelley-earnhardt-nascars-fast-lane
  9. ElliottFan

ElliottFan Crew Chief

I thought the same thing. She must have kicked Ellidge to the curb and found her a new man.

I dont know if anything will come of the NAPA meeting but Chase has no sponsor right this minute and needs to piece something together. You gotta remember he is still 17 right at this moment. He needs seat time and a lot of it.
  10. ted@economy

ted@economy STUMP

Kelly married modifieds driver L. W. Miller three years ago. I would love to see Chase in the 7 car for a couple of years then move up to the Hendrick operation .I think it would be fantastic for Jr. Motorsports . I wouldn't want to get in Kelly's way , if she is trying to make this happen.
  11. dpkimmel2001

dpkimmel2001 Team Owner

She's on Dave Moody's afternoon show every week. Haven't had a lot of chance to listen to her recently but she sounds like she is a hard worker for that organization. It's clear that all of those extra irons that Jr. has in the fire are in good hands with that woman.
    ted@economy likes this.
  12. ted@economy

ted@economy STUMP

Heck , Junior is in good hands with that woman .She's been running his career since day one.