Everything related to race broadcasts thread

ChexOrWrex

Ya gotta wanna
Not trying to be snarky or smartassed here, but I remember last season the board had an issue with multiple members complaining about the media's handling the broadcast for each race. Too many commercials, irritating commentators, etc... So in an attempt to let those people have their time to vent about it (they have that right) and to let the race threads stick to just the racing, I decided on this thread.

If it fails, it fails. No biggie. Up to the majority and the mods to decide :)

:espnsux:

Last edited:
Get rid of the Waltrip clowns. Next time I heat boogity boogity boogity at the start of the race I'm gonna puke. DW has a wealth of nascar knowledge but his hillbilly way of talking is very unprofessional. And Michael, you can come out of the closet now, we all know your gay.

I'm not a fan of Fox, I'm hoping NBC is better. My fear is that races on both networks will be commercial-fests because of the big $$ paid by the networks for the TV rights.

D.W blah blah blah boogity blah blah hair tie blah bla
Mikey s.a.a.

Other than having to listen to the continuous drone of complaining about the Waltrip brothers its all good

I'm so excited that racing has started again after a long, cold winter without it that I really don't mind listening to the Fox crew for now. After a month or so, that will change I'm sure.

D.W blah blah blah boogity blah blah hair tie blah bla
Mikey s.a.a.

Other than having to listen to the continuous drone of complaining about the Waltrip brothers its all good
Other than having to listen to the complainers complaining about other complainers complaining about things that bug them and complain about that then blame the other complainers for complaining It would be all good. :confused:

Might as well get this out of the way now. None of these will change from week to week.

I've honestly learned to just tune out the blabbering Waltrips. They offer nothing of substance to any broadcast they've ever been on. Fox will never replace them so might as well accept it.

Larry Mac is another clown that still thinks he's a crew chief when he hasn't turned a wrench in like 20 years. Get real tired of constantly hearing him talk about the same things every week (fuel window, blah blah blah) All 3 of the booth guys missed a wreck during the Unlimited cause Larry was blabbering about Carl Edwards being a better teammate at Gibbs for like the 3rd time.

Mike Joy needs to retire. He constantly misses stuff on track or incorrectly identifies drivers/crew chiefs etc. During qualifying he mistook Kyle Larson for Reed Sorenson (lol), talked about Jamie Mac's crew chief Keith Rodden (now Kasey Kahne's CC) among many other blunders.

All 3 of them need to talk much less. They constantly miss action on track because they are all ranting and talking over each other about the same tired crap.

That should about cover it. Now let's just enjoy racing folks.

Mike Joy needs to retire. He constantly misses stuff on track or incorrectly identifies drivers/crew chiefs etc. During qualifying he mistook Kyle Larson for Reed Sorenson (lol), talked about Jamie Mac's crew chief Keith Rodden (now Kasey Kahne's CC) among many other blunders.

He also did this when Larson crashed in turn four during last year's Daytona 500 if I remember correctly.

When I watch TV I expect about 1/3 of the programming will be commercials (which is way more than I remember sometime past). I pretty much watch the action and don't get annoyed by the talking heads (except DW's baby talk at the start of each race of course). Sometimes they say something interesting but it is hard for them talk about interesting stuff for 3 hours (DW does have the gift of gab). I'm just happy to see a race.

During the Unlimited, the booth made the same mistake (Rodden/McCall).

Only thing is, who's gonna replace Mike Joy? Joe Buck?

Other than having to listen to the complainers complaining about other complainers complaining about things that bug them and complain about that then blame the other complainers for complaining It would be all good. :confused:

That sounds like a complaint to me. :p

Im starting to notice Fox make many, many more mistakes than usual. For example, on Sunday Night's Race Hub Pole Qualifying special, they documented that the 11 and the 88 had disallowed times, but they still showed the old lineups, before their times were dissallowed. Ive noticed others but cant remember atm.

I like DW, he's "funny" and doesn't annoy me at all, and I get annoyed at a lot. The whole Fox trio is perfect imo.

Also, after watching the Gridiron Challenge, Steve Letarte and Jeff Burton have impressed me.

Last edited:

Quit complaining

Im starting to notice Fox make many, many more mistakes than usual. For example, on Sunday Night's Race Hub Pole Qualifying special, they documented that the 11 and the 88 had disallowed times, but they still showed the old lineups, before their times were dissallowed. Ive noticed others but cant remember atm.

I like DW, he's "funny" and doesn't annoy me at all, and I get annoyed at a lot. The whole Fox trio is perfect imo.

Also, after watching the Gridiron Challenge, Steve Letarte and Jeff Burton have impressed me.

I like both the Waltrips, they are not near as annoying as the folks that complain about them non stop

I enjoy it when DW says something profound...then contradicts himself a few minutes later :D

"Boogity":partytime

Diagramming that sentence will get you 12th place on the grid at Daytona.

My cable provider up is doing something weird....looks like they have speed channel! They are calling it Foxsr.

O got notice that Shaw is dropping Speed. I only watch it for truck racing and other Nascar race related events.
The shows on there are ridiculous and they have the same 3 commercials advertising their own shows running every 5 minutes.

With regard to Nascar and the media here is what works for me. I find out when the green flag is set to drop and start the DVR about that time. If I am at home I may start watching the race 2 hours or so later but I am normally out so I watch the race when I get home. This way I can FF through all the phony debris cautions, commercials, talking heads in the studio and meaningless pit road chatter.

I do not watch/listen to any pre/post/midweek racing info of any kind as I find that it adds zero value for me. Normally once the checkered flag flies I delete the broadcast but if there is a first time winner or a seldom winner I always watch as the genuine thrill of it all is worth seeing.

While the race is on I have the volume muted unless something happens that requires further explanation from what what my eyes are seeing.

I am not suggesting my way is the best way as it is all just a personal preference. However with my way you don't have to put up with so much of what makes Nascar annoying.

It's easy to criticize the announcers for mistakes watching from the couch. Not as easy to do as y'all think. That said, Mike Joy does seem to be off his game this year.

Honestly, aside from the horrendous soundtrack, FOX Sports has done a solid job with Daytona coverage.

NASCAR broadcasting is my dream job so I watch as much of the pre race/midweek shows as I can.

I say it every chance I get. Mute button and MRN is the only way to go. The only weird thing is that, at least listening to MRN on my phone, is that there's a 30 or so second delay on MRN compared to TV. But I just pause the TV until they're synched up. I don't think I could handle the Fox guys at all since I started using this new method.

I say it every chance I get. Mute button and MRN is the only way to go. The only weird thing is that, at least listening to MRN on my phone, is that there's a 30 or so second delay on MRN compared to TV. But I just pause the TV until they're synched up. I don't think I could handle the Fox guys at all since I started using this new method.
Pause TV for 30 seconds. Thanks; I'll use that as a starting point.

NASCAR broadcasting is my dream job so I watch as much of the pre race/midweek shows as I can.

I

I used to listen to MRN when I attended races but I may have to borrow your idea and try listening to the radio broadcast while watching the TV broadcast. I still like the silence of the mute button and there is so much written info on the TV screen listening to broadcasters is not essential.

Back
Top Bottom