F_irst O_n R_ace D_ay

Oh yeah, that reminds me Maj! A great big THANK YOU for teaching me how to post pics!
ford1062.jpg

I've had crow pie & it aint nice, take your bowties off so they don't get dirty !! :lol:

Originally posted by 97forever@Mar 8 2004, 10:01 AM
:eek: :eek: Maybe Whizzer broke it! :eek:
Nope! You did! :p

And, Cypress, I'll gladly eat crow (watchit 97 and bow) when the time comes. But, as of now, 3 races don't mean diddly squat. Until then, :p

Chevy will return to victory lane in Atlanta, I bet my leg on it.

These discussions on the Ford vs. Chevy and predicting who will win the next race are silly.

Car make doesn't dictate who will win like it used to. With the newer restrictions and templates, wind tunnel testing and dyno testing conducted by NASCAR, cars are as equal as they could be, a far cry from the original intention of NASCAR.

Who won the NASCAR race at Las Vegas?? And who won the Busch race the day before??

Kenseth might have had a clean sweep but instead of Ford walking off with all the honors, driver error (or according to some, driver incompetance) created a different winner than the dominant car. Car make did not determine the winner. Car setup, driver ability and luck were the ruling factors.

There are situations on record of slow cars getting huge advantages due to unforseen circumstances, and it had absolutely nothing to do with the emblem on the front of the winning car.

In NASCAR's world of entertainment, a Ford, Chevy or Dodge are none of the brands in the true sense. If any tag is applied, it should be, a NASCAR with a Chevy, Ford or Dodge block. The only thing close is the decal on the front which tells what company amnufactured the engine block.

The manufacturers championship is a sham and the days of win on Sunday and sell on Monday are gone.

I agree Whizzer.

But, dangit! Did ya have to go and ruin all the fun??? We like the Ford v. Chevy v. Dodge arguments! ;) :)

OH, and we like being silly every now and then! :p

Right on , maj. I like the debate, too. Happy, What the heck will I do with a leg ??? I would watch the 18 , though. :D

That is why they are refered to as machines a lot of time.. Stock car? yeah right. :D

Originally posted by CypressTrout@Mar 9 2004, 04:32 PM
Right on , maj. I like the debate, too. Happy, What the heck will I do with a leg ??? I would watch the 18 , though. :D
The 18, 20, 29, 48 and the 8 are all good at Atlanta.

Bobby Labonte should be considered the odds on favorite at Atlanta. Harvick does run well there. Jeff Gordon can and has, but he ain't showing much of late. Stewart's one of about 5 drivers that's good everywhere.

That being said, I would keep an eye on the 38. If and that's a big if the engine can avoid implosion he might have something for them this week.

Originally posted by majestyx@Mar 8 2004, 11:35 AM
I agree FT. 3 races. 2 Ford wins, 1 Chevy win. The Ford's better watch it though, the Dodges are hot on their behinds!!!
Lest We forget,Pontiac is still running in 2004,somewhat anyway,any chance of a Pontiac win this season,as They only had 1 win last year,albeit a very exciting win with Ricky Craven edging out Lurt Busch at the line,whew,that was exciting,much like the Kahne/Kenseth finish this year. ;) NASCAR couldn't write better scripts than that :lol:

Originally posted by bowtie@Mar 9 2004, 05:44 PM

The 18, 20, 29, 48 and the 8 are all good at Atlanta.
The 8 was good at Vegas too - last year.

Back
Top Bottom