Bonehead of the Week: Michigan

MRM

Team Owner
A few candidates this week. My candidate is Paul Wolfe for almost letting Brad K run out of gas as the leader on the first pit stop. After all this time, whi knew teams had an auxiliary pick up in the fuel cell?

Hard to pick one...I'll say either Mears for spinning Danica out while he was down 12 laps (I think that's what someone said; and no, I'm not a Danica fan) or Buescher for ending the 88's day.

Hard to pick one...I'll say either Mears for spinning Danica out while he was down 12 laps (I think that's what someone said; and no, I'm not a Danica fan) or Buescher for ending the 88's day.

That move took out the 44 as well who was on the lead lap and having a pretty good day. Mears spotter apologized to the 10 and said he didn't know what Mears was doing. And yeah, Mears was 12 laps down and deserves the bonehead of the race IMO.

Not a true bonehead, just a chicken move IMHO. I don't have any love for Bayne, if not for being in the right place at the right time he'd be sweeping floors at Burger King. But after contact Johnson races back to give him the shot in the rear and that just reinforced my dislike for the prima donna. Of course YMMV

Gonna go with Buescher for getting a little overzealous on the restart and taking out Jr.

I like DW and think he contributes a lot to the broadcast most of the time, but he gets the Bonehead Award this week for repeatedly complaining that the spoiler was too small and the cars should have more downforce.

Honorable mention to the 2 for running out of gas.

I like DW and think he contributes a lot to the broadcast most of the time, but he gets the Bonehead Award this week for repeatedly complaining that the spoiler was too small and the cars should have more downforce. ...
Also for repeatedly mentioning that Chase was closing on Joey at the end, when the graphic showed the #24 consistently a second behind, plus or minus a tenth.

Also a Bonehead nomination to The Same Old Kyle Busch for blowing up his motor when debris blocked his grill, rather than dealing with the problem. A classic self-inflicted DNF.

Also for repeatedly mentioning that Chase was closing on Joey at the end, when the graphic showed the #24 consistently a second behind, plus or minus a tenth.
The 18 and the 88 were in their haulers, headed home.

Fantasy observations switched to The Golden Child 2.

^ Yes. But when it won't come off, you have to pit or blow up. Blowing up is a bonehead choice.

^ Yes. But when it won't come off, you have to pit or blow up. Blowing up is a bonehead choice.
I wasn't paying that much attention.

There's always lots going on. Maybe they tried to stretch it until the end of the run ... or were hoping for a yellow. Note use of the inclusive word "they".

Also a Bonehead nomination to The Same Old Kyle Busch for blowing up his motor when debris blocked his grill, rather than dealing with the problem. A classic self-inflicted DNF.

Its these sorts of DNFs that make one wonder....I mean an accident is one thing

Yeah, if Kyle had gagged on four in a row at this time last year, we wouldn't have all these arguments about Chase exemptions, 26-race champions, etc. :D

brings to mind that days of thunder quote: "Just push the clutch in Cole and let the sumobitch blow Cole, the race is over for us"

Might have to nominate Mike Joy too, for saying at the end of yesterday's race that Logano is the fourth different winner of 2016 that is a first time winner this season. (I think he meant the last four winners were all first time winners this season)

Might have to nominate Mike Joy too, for saying at the end of yesterday's race that Logano is the fourth different winner of 2016 that is a first time winner this season. (I think he meant the last four winners were all first time winners this season)
Yeah....that didn't come out how he wanted I don't think

That's too minor to consider. It's not in the same league with running out of gas or racing too close when you're down 12 laps.

Chris Buescher should've stayed in the Xfinity series. He's either not ready for Cup or he just has junk equipment.

Chris Buescher should've stayed in the Xfinity series. He's either not ready for Cup or he just has junk equipment.
Then there's the problem that the folks already racing in the series are very,very good . And they have been racing in the series a lot longer than Chris. Give him 10 yrs and he'll be very competitive.

Yeah, one needs to ask, Why was the 88 taking Chris Buescher three wide at that point in the race?

Yeah, one needs to ask, Why was the 88 taking Chris Buescher three wide at that point in the race?
True , but these guys aren't kind to rookies . There will come a time when Chris is a veteran and he uses his bag of tricks to keep his track position .

True , but these guys aren't kind to rookies . There will come a time when Chris is a veteran and he uses his bag of tricks to keep his track position .
It's one thing to be unkind to rookies. It's another to stick the car in 3-wide around a driver with a rookie's skill level when it isn't even halfway yet. Not only does a veteran's poor choice cause him problems, but then Fox has nothing but replays to show during the critical Dale Jr. Performance Updates.

Back
Top Bottom