Fender Flares in 2015

Sorry dude but its the real deal, saw it on national television during live race coverage
Sorry for you slick. I didn't infer that it WAS photoshopped but that I would LIKE to photoshop it with the appropriate caption.

Sorry for you slick. I didn't infer that it WAS photoshopped but that I would LIKE to photoshop it with the appropriate caption.

My bad ................. I have seen a bunch of captions on this, some are kinda funny. google it

So NASCAR said "no bump drafting" and enforced it? They said "no working on cars under red" and enforced it? They said "only 12 guys in the chase" and enforced it? They put drivers on probation and enforce it?

NASCAR is infamous for their inconsistent enforcing of the rules. If NASCAR had told teams not to flare out sheetmetal, the #22 team would probably have put airplane wings on the car & NASCAR would let that fly (pun intended).
upload_2014-11-27_14-1-37.jpeg

when nascar makes sense....

NASCAR exec: Flared side skirts will be addressed in 2015

Steve O'Donnell, NASCAR's executive vice president and chief racing development officer, held an impromptu fan question-and-answer session Tuesday on Twitter while waiting for his flight to take off.

Here are some of the best nuggets from his replies to fan tweets:

— This season, teams found it was legal for crew members to yank the side skirts just in front of the rear wheels during pit stops, which created an odd image during races (it provided an aerodynamic benefit). But NASCAR plans to address the flared side skirts with a rule change next season, O'Donnell tweeted.

read the rest here

Ah ha! question answered. Rule change. They will ban it.
SteveO my favorite Nascar tweeter tells no lies. :waver:

Back
Top Bottom