Fired Up Friday Question(s)

1. Johnson winning a 7th championship because that would also bring up the Earnhardt name via his three-way tie with Dale Sr. and Richard Petty.
Plus the drama of "why hasn't Jr. won yet?".

2. (skip since I'm answering after the races are over)

3. Probably Gordon having a win at every track since so many people had written him off.

Question #1

What would move the needle more in NASCAR, a Dale Earnhardt Jr sweep of Daytona or a Danica Patrick win tomorrow night?

Question #2

30 years ago today Richard Petty won his 200th Cup race @ Daytona. What do you remember most about that day?

Question #3

If you could drive for one NASCAR Sprint Cup owner, who would it be and why?

By far a Danica win would be the biggest story in NASCAR in a long long time. It would bring more attention to the sport. Heck, even my local market here in the Pittsburgh area would probably be forced to mention NASCAR on the news for a change.

The Regan connection is what stands out the most to me. Of course that's what they always show us each time this race is run.

Without a doubt HMS. No explanation really necessary. Top team and probably the biggest paycheck. Most resources, professional organization, history.....

1. Danica. A win from her and the world will never be the same... or so I'm told.

2. Absolutely nothing.

3. Rick Hendrick. 4 primary teams and 4 satellite teams gives them an edge on R&D. Everything they have is in-house including engines and chassis. He's been the top team owner for quite a while, so I'd want to be where the best equipment and tech info is and that seems to be HMS right now.

#1. Danica Patrick winning a race would be huge. Many would say it's a RP track and she got lucky while the media would play it as a win at Nascar's premier venue. Althouhg I have nothing against her winning, I do have a problem with my driver losing so I wouldn't be as pleased as some :)

#2. Don't remember anything of that

#3. That's a tough one as I here are my reasons for not wanting to drive for any of the top teams
JGR..too much bible thumping
HMS...too many Prima Donnnas
Penske....Keselowski
RFR...often too much whining and not enough reaction
RCR...no thanks
EGR..maybe
SHR...probably the only team I'd like to drive for if I couldn't field my own team(s)

1- Danica win.

2- President Reagan giving the command to start your engines from Air Force One While flying to the race.

3- Too easy, HMS for obvious reasons.

1) Patrick winning would be huge. The only problem with that is the PR machine would reach warp speed.
2) The picture of Air Force 1 taking off behind the cars on the track.
3) Petty Enterprises. I think being Ambrose's teammate would be a bunch of fun, and I could learn how to speak Aussie.

1: i say Danica, because it would mean hell has froze over

2: Cale Yarborough pulling in the pits 1 lap early thinking the race was over. giving 2nd place to Harry Gant. also Petty didn't own his car, Mike Curb did.

2: Roger Penske, he my favorite owner.

1. Danica

2. I was only 8 years old and was still a couple years away from following NASCAR, so not much.

3. Joe Gibbs, because well, you know.

a follow up to question 2
after the race Reagan stayed and ate with the teams, and guess what they ate, you got it KFC, but it went by kentucky fried chicken, we weren't so health conscious back then, that fried didn't bothered us.

Last edited:
1. Danica winning. But bless her heart I think the world would start spinning backwards too.

2. At first I was impressed that racing had graduated from being a backwards redneck sport to a true American icon. But then I heard about Petty's illegal car, and even worse NASCAR's attempt to pretend it didn't matter. That confirmed my suspicions about image and manipulation, and began eroding my interest in NASCAR.

3. Assuming I had the talent and money (alas I don't have enough of either) I'd prefer to drive for Barney Visser (Furniture Row #78). That team has shown it can contend with the right driver, and it continues to build and soldier on (as Hendrick did). Pressure overall would be less too - if you drive for a big name owner then people say "well he has all of the best stuff anyway" if you win, and they think something is wrong with you if you don't win. If you win with a second tier team everybody is impressed, and they don't hold it against you if you don't win.

1. Danica winning. But bless her heart I think the world would start spinning backwards too.

2. At first I was impressed that racing had graduated from being a backwards redneck sport to a true American icon. But then I heard about Petty's illegal car, and even worse NASCAR's attempt to pretend it didn't matter. That confirmed my suspicions about image and manipulation, and began eroding my interest in NASCAR.

3. Assuming I had the talent and money (alas I don't have enough of either) I'd prefer to drive for Barney Visser (Furniture Row #78). That team has shown it can contend with the right driver, and it continues to build and soldier on (as Hendrick did). Pressure overall would be less too - if you drive for a big name owner then people say "well he has all of the best stuff anyway" if you win, and they think something is wrong with you if you don't win. If you win with a second tier team everybody is impressed, and they don't hold it against you if you don't win.
Is that you Mikey Waltrip, bless his heart?

1. Danica winning.
2. I was 11, and dad would not let me watch. those were the days....:rolleyes:
3. Drive for SHR......Big tony, kurt, DP...=win

HMS...too many Prima Donnnas
SHR...probably the only team I'd like to drive for if I couldn't field my own team(s)

Tony Stewart... Prima Donna
Kevin Harvick... Prima Donna
Kurt Busch..... Prima Donna
Danica Patrick.. Prima Donna

o_O

Tony Stewart... Prima Donna
Kevin Harvick... Prima Donna
Kurt Busch..... Prima Donna
Danica Patrick.. Prima Donna

o_O

Perhaps but those four don't toe the company line when asked a question and at least keep their own personalities.

danica win ...would be front page news.

reagan

jr. johnson ......tuff guy....but no bull****e .

vegemite ....not taters ...chex.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404540725.809377.jpg

Nice try at what, logic?

You bad mouth HMS for being primma donna's, then say you'd like to go to SHR where the real primma donna's are.
You give HMS another swipe by saying they are nascar yes men that don't show their personalities while your favorite driver is the poster boy for that.
Then you accuse me of trying to bait you because I pointed out the irony of your two posts. :idunno:

When you post things that are ridiculous, you're liable to get called on it.

Just sayin' .

1) Danica winning. It would be such an OMG moment for her fan base.

2) It was the first Fourth of July after my wife and I bought our house in late June of 1984. I'm pretty sure we had people over. Have absolutely no recollection of the race.

3) The Furniture Row guy. A small team based out of Colorado sounds like a cool thing to be part of.

#1. Danica winning?
upload_2014-7-5_9-57-8.jpeg

Not much of a choice, so JR

#2. I remember seeing the huge 747 coming in behind the racetrack..late. President Regan gave the command from the plane while it was coming in for a landing.
1984AF1a.jpg

#3 I want to drive for Robert Duval from days of thunder

upload_2014-7-5_10-5-24.jpeg

Nice try at what, logic?

You bad mouth HMS for being primma donna's, then say you'd like to go to SHR where the real primma donna's are.
You give HMS another swipe by saying they are nascar yes men that don't show their personalities while your favorite driver is the poster boy for that.
Then you accuse me of trying to bait you because I pointed out the irony of your two posts. :idunno:

Just sayin' .

Put me on ignore, please. Thanks.

Question #1

What would move the needle more in NASCAR, a Dale Earnhardt Jr sweep of Daytona or a Danica Patrick win tomorrow night?

Question #2

30 years ago today Richard Petty won his 200th Cup race @ Daytona. What do you remember most about that day?

Question #3

If you could drive for one NASCAR Sprint Cup owner, who would it be and why?
1. Danica honestly. If anyone's victory is over sensationalized than Jr.'s, its hers.
2. Watching documentaries :p too young.
3. HMS. Who doesn't want to race for the best team for the past 10 years & race under the wings of the 2 best drivers of the modern era - Gordon & Johnson.

You want me to put you on ignore because I don't agree with what you said and said so? lol

If it bothers you so much, do it yourself.

You want me to put you on ignore because I don't agree with what you said and said so? lol

If it bothers you so much, do it yourself.

You've been pissing on peoples legs, trying to police everyone's posts since you came here. Now, either put me on ignore or piss off 'cause I'm done with you.

The last word is yours...have at it.

Nice try at what, logic?

Just sayin' .
vw-oh-snap-o.gif

The modern definition of a prima donna is somebody who has an inflated view of their own worth, finds it hard to work with others as a team, is fairly egotistical, etc. etc. Not quite sure how any of the 4 HMS drivers fit that criteria, but the names Kevin Harvick and Kurt Busch certainly come to mind ;)

1) Danica winning by far. The entirety of the media flipped out when she won the pole for the 500; just think what would happen if she actually won a race. She'd be doing so many media tours that she probably wouldn't have the time to make it back to the track the following week.

2) I wasn't alive.

3) Hendrick dur.

You've been pissing on peoples legs, trying to police everyone's posts since you came here. Now, either put me on ignore or piss off 'cause I'm done with you.

The last word is yours...have at it.

ok, last word...

You've been trolling the Gordon/HMS fans since I've been here with constant remarks about "the Gordon fans". It's like a weekly ritual with you on the race thread.
If you're gonna troll a particular fan base you shouldn't get your feelings hurt when it comes back to you.

a follow up to question 2
after the race Reagan stayed and ate with the teams, and guess what they ate, you got it KFC, but it went by kentucky fried chicken, we weren't so health conscious back then, that fried didn't bothered us.
i asked my brother today, what if anything he remembered about Petty's 200th win. he said yes them eating KFC. our dinner that day was mama's fried chicken and he made a bad remark about mom's chicken compared to the colonel's and Daddy whipped his butt, and we ate pinto beans for 3 days, as more punishment, my brother hated pinto's. we laughed,......... i cussed him for the 3 days of beans, and we had another beer.

Question #1

NHMS has been mentioned as a track that could possibly install lights… would you like to see night racing there?

Question #2

We have 11 different ‪NASCAR Sprint Cup Series winners so far this year. How many more will we get before the Chase begins?

Question #3

Who would it be more pressure to crew chief for - Dale Earnhardt Jr. or Jimmie Johnson?

Reactions: sdj
Back
Top Bottom