Fired Up Friday Question(s)

I'd like to see New Hampshire install the lights and run this July race @ night. Night races aren't as special as they once were with so many on the schedule these days but I'd still like to see another.

At his point I'm thinking that there will only be two more winners before the Chase begins.

Jr. by far. Only because of the large/avid fan base.

Question #1

I wouldn't hate it, but I'm not clamoring for more night races, either.

Question #2

One more.

Question #3

Junior

1. Yes, I love night races

2. 1 or 2 more. Most likely Kenseth and Kahne.

3. Johnson. Everyone expects him to win the championship every year.

Question #1

NHMS has been mentioned as a track that could possibly install lights… would you like to see night racing there?

Question #2

We have 11 different ‪NASCAR Sprint Cup Series winners so far this year. How many more will we get before the Chase begins?

Question #3

Who would it be more pressure to crew chief for - Dale Earnhardt Jr. or Jimmie Johnson?
1. Would rather see night racing @ Martinsville
2. Two more
3. Dale jr. The eyes of jr nation are upon you.

1. Nope, not hot enough. Save your money.
2. Two more tops.
3. Johnson all the way, he is expected to win. Earnhardt does his own screw ups it hasn't been his pit. He hasn't been screwing up lately and he is running good. I think Johnson would run well with any of the Hendrick crew chiefs, despite the prevailing notion that it is all Chad's fault Johnson is always winning. ;)

Martinsville under the lights! :D That's a great idea. It'd have to be the Chase race. Way too cold in the spring for that.

Didn't they put up temporary lights for a modified race there once? If they did (and I'm not just insane and making this up), what happened? Guessing it wasn't a hit, or they would have made strides towards adding permanent lights since then.

Question #1

NHMS has been mentioned as a track that could possibly install lights… would you like to see night racing there?

Question #2

We have 11 different ‪NASCAR Sprint Cup Series winners so far this year. How many more will we get before the Chase begins?

Question #3

Who would it be more pressure to crew chief for - Dale Earnhardt Jr. or Jimmie Johnson?

1 - Yes any night race is a better race
2 - 2
3 - Same same, I am not sure they are under anymore pressure than the next guy as they are a couple that are cream of the crop and are very confident in their abilities.

Question #1

Question #2

Question #3

1. Love to have more night racing....

Plus it gives them more chances to get races in when there are weather issues

2. 4.

3. JJ--if you dont produce, feet meet fire. Everyone knows JJ is a wheelman. For JR, it seems that JR takes most of the heat, not the CC

Last edited:
I'm not a proponent of Juner taking a championship as the media's Juner knob slobbering already makes me sick.

I'd love nothing better than JJ taking an 8th Championship, Us Cajon zonies would be right proud of the fact we were always right about So.Cal drivers.

What was the 3rd question???

I always thought Martinsville was the track referred to as the paperclip? :confused:

Isn't New Hampshire the 'Magic Mile'?

I always thought Martinsville was the track referred to as the paperclip? :confused:

crap thanks dp....can't believe I had those mixed up in my head.....must be the lack of sleep this week due to no power and no ac lols

Question #1

Question #2

Question #3

1. YES!!

2. 14.. Kenseth, Newman, Bowyer

3. Jimmie.. Dale may be popular and a fan favorite but Jimmie wins, and not winning would be a huge thing for that team. Dale already doesn't win much so nowhere to go but up.. sort of.

Earnhardt's CC's might just as well put on a red Start Trek shirt.

Anyone know how many the guy has had during his cup career?

Martinsville under the lights! :D That's a great idea. It'd have to be the Chase race. Way too cold in the spring for that.

It's pretty cold at nights in October as well. Both Martinsville dates suck. I know when I get there at 6:30am for the Late Model race in early October when it's warmer, it's usually in the 30s.

If they ran The Only Race in the Chase at night, it'd have to be run in September.

Didn't they put up temporary lights for a modified race there once? If they did (and I'm not just insane and making this up), what happened? Guessing it wasn't a hit, or they would have made strides towards adding permanent lights since then.

Yes, they did.

Last year's Late Model race ended in pure darkness.

No. Night temperatures in the 40s are relatively common in New Hampshire.
Three (Stewart, Kenseth, and a wild card).
Jr by far.

Question #1

Other than road courses, night racing should be an option at every track.

Question #2

Question #3

Jr hands down.

dpkimmel2001 You should come down this year for the Late Model race. FenderBumper came last year. Best race in all of racing, IMO.
Not gonna happen unless it's paired with a Cup weekend. Fender's only got a little 2hr ride to get there. I've got a 8hr+ tow over the Appalachians. Too much for me to invest in that weekend. We are thinking about adding the spring Martinsville race to our schedule and hitting both race weekends there.

Question #1

What is the biggest surprise and the biggest disappointment of the 2014 season?

Question #2

What’s the biggest storyline through the first half of the 2014 season in the ‪NASCAR‬ Sprint Cup Series?

Question #3

NASCAR‬ mandates a minimum age restriction to compete, should NASCAR also institute a maximum age restriction?

1. Biggest surprise - the Fords
Biggest disappointment - the Toyotas

2. The new Chase format.

3. Cap it at 65.

1. Not that it is a surprise - but it has been pretty disappointing hearing about a ratings drop week after week.
2. Perhaps the chase format. I'd say the owners alliance even tho it was introduced at the midway point.
3. Absolutely - same goes for the street as well. I think anyone over 70-75 needs to retake and pass their road test regularly.

The biggest surprise to me is Kenseth's lack of wins. The biggest disappointment for me is Kahne's lack of wins.

The formation of RTA has to be the biggest story even though so little is known.

I don't think they need a maximum age. Just raise that minimum speed. It'll take care of itself.

Biggest surprise was Kurt Busch going to Stewart Haas, it was even a surprise to Tony Stewart. Biggest disappointment would be Stewart not only being win less but running in the back of the pack for the most part. I thought he would bounce back after his injury.
The RTA is the biggest story, but Nascar has basically handcuffed/muted the alliance with legal maneuvering.
Age limit wouldn't be a factor if it didn't cost so much to field a car in the race. Not enough cars trying to make the field anymore.

1. Surprise - The resurgence of Jeff Gordon and Dale Earnhardt Jr.
Disappointment - Ricky Stenhouse Jr. and the TRD-supported cars

2. On-track - Penske vs. HMS battle for supremacy
Off-track - Formation of the RTA

3. No

1. Harvick's speed. Harvick's pit crew.

2. RTA

3. Yes. It should be whatever the retirement age is these days.

1) Dale Jr..............Kurt Busch

2) Carl Edwards

3) No

What is the biggest surprise and the biggest disappointment of the 2014 season?
The Struggle of Tony Stewart for both IMO.

What’s the biggest storyline through the first half of the 2014 season in the ‪NASCAR‬ Sprint Cup Series?
Jr winning the Daytona 500.

NASCAR‬ mandates a minimum age restriction to compete, should NASCAR also institute a maximum age restriction.
No, just raise the minimum speed.

Back
Top Bottom