Fired Up Friday Question(s)

1. I want to see at least 6 non winners beating and banging, without taking anyone out do the wildest final lap in history.
Yeah so what, I like to dream big.

2. See Q1 answer: Smoke or Danica or Larson.

3. The sport has moved on. I myself have moved on. Me think there are too many sorehead fans that will never let it go.

Question #1 - Do you or do you not want to see contact coming to the checkered flag?

Question #2 - Do you think someone will “win and get in” at RIR tomorrow night? If so, who?

Question #3 - A year after “Spin Gate", has the sport moved on?
#1 - Like a few others have said, I'm all for some physical racing as long as it's clean and no one is outright wrecking someone. Contact is a part of short track racing.

#2 - McMurray

#3 - Yes.

Question #1 - Do you or do you not want to see contact coming to the checkered flag?

Question #2 - Do you think someone will “win and get in” at RIR tomorrow night? If so, who?

Question #3 - A year after “Spin Gate", has the sport moved on?

1- Yes, good hard rubbin during the race would be a plus
2- Yes - Larson, he will fight for it for sure.
3- I have, but, Truex got screwed last year. There will be things going on in this race, but, it will all be CODE and preplanned quietly.

As long as the #14 hits the wall, and his evening ends early. Everything else is ok with me..................

contact
unlikely..... still pullin for larson darkhorse win tho.
yes......til if / when .......new similar issue arises.

1) yes
2) yes, Newman
3) yes

My weekend will be complete if Melrosemafia hits a wall somewhere
images

Question #1: What driver NOT in the 2014 Chase did you think WOULD be in?

Question #2: What Chase elimination race will be the most pivotal?

Question #3: Do you think a non Chase driver will win a race during the Chase? If so, who?

Last edited:
Clint Bowyer. I thought he'd make the field. Then again, there's Tony. I'm confused.

Phoenix. Getting down to those final 4. That will be a great race to attend.

Kyle Larson will get that win before the end of the season.

Only two this week.

Question #3: Do you think a non Chase driver will win a race during the Chase? If so, who?

Bowyer

Phoenix

Bowyer

Only two this week.

Two?

1. Bowyer

2. Martinsville

3. Yes, Bowyer.

1) Biased, but Kyle Larson. Didn't know if he'd win, but when he was on the good side of the points heading into Michigan I thought those final four races suited him well. Then Michigan happened.

2) Talladega. There's going to be at least one of those "favorites" to win the title that doesn't win at Kansas and Charlotte to get taken out in The Big One.

3) Bowyer at Charlotte wouldn't surprise me. Nor would Jamie McMurray at Talladega. If forced to make a pick, though, I'd say it will not happen.

1) McMurray (my bold prediction was that he'd finish 7th - boy was I wrong).
2) Phoenix - the race that sets the table for Homestead is the big one.
3) Bowyer, he is dangerous now because he has nothing to lose and everything to prove. And I wonder if he is the kind of driver that will act on old grudges during the chase.

Tony Stewart.

Talladega

No.

Tony Stewart.

Talladega

No.
I was waiting for the first Stewart.

1. Menard. I really thought he would win one before the chase.
2. Talladega. I look for some front runners to be eliminated after being caught up in a big wreck, while some others advance by pure luck.
3. Yes. Larson, Menard, and possibly Stewart. If Tony gets back in the groove I can't see him finishing the year with no wins.

Tony Stewart.
I'm somewhat surprised that Stewart didn't make it, but at the same time I'm not shocked by it. I thought from the start of the season that Stewart-Haas would have two teams in and two teams out of the Chase, and I was concerned that Tony would have some lingering issues from his leg injury that would hurt his performance. Never would have imagined what ended up happening, though.

I'm somewhat surprised that Stewart didn't make it, but at the same time I'm not shocked by it. I thought from the start of the season that Stewart-Haas would have two teams in and two teams out of the Chase, and I was concerned that Tony would have some lingering issues from his leg injury that would hurt his performance. Never would have imagined what ended up happening, though.
I thought that by the 12th race or so he would be coming around to his old late start self and win one by the start of the chase.

homestead......3 drivers eliminated from '14 cup championship. :D
no

I thought that by the 12th race or so he would be coming around to his old late start self and win one by the start of the chase.
The injury recovery had me worried; that was a really nasty type of break that he had. Between all the seat time he missed after the injury and the potential for nagging discomfort, stiffness, and soreness I expected he would have a down year.

dp .........got fs1 schooled today on chase semantics:

1st 3 races = challenger round
race 4 / 5 / 6 = contender rd
race 7 / 8 / 9 = eliminator rd

race 10 = championship rd

1) Clint Bowyer

2) Talladega

3) Yes - Jamie McMurray

Question #1: In the last 10 races six time champion Jimmie Johnson has only two top 5 finishes and no wins. How soon before Jimmie Johnson wins a race?

Question #2: After one race what driver do you feel is completely out of Chase contention?

Question #3: On Wednesday Richard Petty Motorsports announced that they will continue to be a 2 car operation in 2015 after the departure of driver Marcos Ambrose. Who do you think will fill the sit next season in the #9 Ford for RPM?

Dominates @ Dover. He wins next week.

The driver(s) with the first letter of both their first and last names beginning with 'A'.

I don't have a clue.

1. Dover
2. IMO if Almirola has another issue like his engine going out, his goose is cooked.
3. Not sure because I just checked Jayski's site. The free agents in Gilliland, Ragan, Hornish Jr, and Klingerman... If Klingerman goes into IndyCar, I could see Ragan at RPM. Hornish Jr is also another highly sought after free agent.

Question #1: In the last 10 races six time champion Jimmie Johnson has only two top 5 finishes and no wins. How soon before Jimmie Johnson wins a race?

Question #2: After one race what driver do you feel is completely out of Chase contention?

Question #3: On Wednesday Richard Petty Motorsports announced that they will continue to be a 2 car operation in 2015 after the departure of driver Marcos Ambrose. Who do you think will fill the sit next season in the #9 Ford for RPM?

1. He want win for the rest of the season
2. The Dinger
3. The cheapest free agent he can get

1. Dover
2. The Dinger
3. Milka Duno

Back
Top Bottom