Fired Up Friday Question(s)

Question #1: In the last 10 races six time champion Jimmie Johnson has only two top 5 finishes and no wins. How soon before Jimmie Johnson wins a race?
Charlotte

Question #2: After one race what driver do you feel is completely out of Chase contention?
Aric Almirola

Question #3: On Wednesday Richard Petty Motorsports announced that they will continue to be a 2 car operation in 2015 after the departure of driver Marcos Ambrose. Who do you think will fill the sit next season in the #9 Ford for RPM?
Sam Hornish

Question #1: In the last 10 races six time champion Jimmie Johnson has only two top 5 finishes and no wins. How soon before Jimmie Johnson wins a race?

Dover, definitely.

Question #2: After one race what driver do you feel is completely out of Chase contention?

Almirola.

Question #3: On Wednesday Richard Petty Motorsports announced that they will continue to be a 2 car operation in 2015 after the departure of driver Marcos Ambrose. Who do you think will fill the sit next season in the #9 Ford for RPM?

I guess it will be David Ragan. That doesn't get me too excited. We know it won't be a superstar of any sort, and I doubt they go for a veteran like Jeff Burton. You never know though, they may pull a surprise.

Not sure that there's that much interest in this thread to warrant a new one each week. I was simply trying to promote some other discussion on here.

There are much less worthy threads started on here than this. haha

But I get what you're saying regarding the promotion of discussion here. I log in a few times a week, look at the thread titles then log off after about 30 seconds due to fingding nothing interesting.

As long as the #14 hits the wall, and his evening ends early. Everything else is ok with me..................

Does having a double digit IQ automatically make you eligible for disability payments? If not, I suggest submitting your posts on this forum as proof of your handicap.

1.Yeah I dont think he's going to win another race for the rest of the year. He's been very miss this year.

2.AJ/Aric. Very interchangeably. Both are the right answer.

3.Meh

Charlotte

Aric Almirola

Sam Hornish

ditto

Question #1: Who is your MVD (Most Valuable Driver) through the first round of the 2014 Chase?

Question #2: What championship favorite has the best chance to be knocked out in the contender round?

Question #3: Both Greg Biffle & Kurt Busch were eliminated after the first round of the 2014 Chase for the Sprint Cup, which driver had a more disappointing Chase?

Keselowski. Wins the first of the three and continues to drive it like he stole it when he didn't need to.

Harvick. He's one of the most unluckiest drivers in there that has a great shot at winning. Something will happen to take him out when it looks like he'd make it. Most likely Talladega.

Kurt Busch. I never expected much from Biffle anyway.

1) Kez
2) Junior
3) Biffle. He had a little momentum going into the Chase, I thought he would do better. Didn't really expect much from Kurt.

Gordon> After all, he has a bad back and is a hundred years old.

Johnson> I have spent half of my retirement on voodoo dolls and potions. I just realized every time I stick a pin in my JJ voodoo doll Jeff gets back pain.

Kurt> He should have stuck with his old team.

1- tough call because I don't belong to a nation, I cheer for several drivers in the chase
2- Jr, he's been a little off his typical runs lately
3- Kurt, he and his team hasn't put it together this season.

1-Gordon
2 jolo
3 Kurt such high hopes for SHR

1-Gordon
2-Logano (not sure why people are saying Jr since he's not really a Championship "favorite" right now)
3-Kurt Busch

1. Kez..he has been on top all year
2. JR. I think Dega will jump up and bite him and he won't have the points to survive it.
3. Busch- I thought like he did probably, that a big well funded 4 car team would be a good career move. Doesn't fit the outlaw image.

1.Joey Logano

He's been fast and getting better so it has to be him.

2.Jimmie Johnson

Not feeling it.

3.Kurt Busch

Biffle didn't belong in the chase to begin with.

I'm going to try this again to promote some different discussion on here. Each Friday on Sirius NASCAR Radio's The Morning Drive show they ask opinions on three different topics. Here's this weeks questions.....

Question #1: What will be the bigger story - Jimmie Johnson wins his 7th Sprint Cup title or Dale Jr wins his first career championship?

I think Dale Jr. wining his first championship would be a much larger story for NASCAR. I'm not downplaying a 7th championship by Jimmie Johnson a bit. Hat's off to him should it happen but Dale Jr. would be the biggest story.

Question #2: Will Kyle Busch sweep the weekend at Ky Speedway?

Nope, not gonna happen.

Question #3: What would be more impressive - Jeff Gordon Web wins at Ky Speedway giving him a win at every track on the schedule or Tony Stewart wins a race this year giving him a win in each of the past fifteen seasons?

I think Jeff Gordon wining at every track on the schedule would be the bigger accomplishment. If I were a Tony Stewart fan I'd probably differ on that opinion.

1. Jr. winning his first championship, hands down. Jr. Nation would go ****** nuts.

2. Gods I hope not.

3. Jeff Gordon.

Question #1: What is the biggest surprise of the 2014 Chase so far?

Question #2: Will we see payback in any form Sunday at @ Talladega?

Question #3: Will Matt Kenseth, Dale Jr, Jimmie Johnson or Brad Keselowski survive elimination on Sunday?

Biggest surprise for me is three of those four sitting in the bottom of the bracket ready to exit after Sunday.

I don't think anyone is going to take anyone out intentionally but someone like Keselowski may not find many friends.

Dale Jr. advances with a win, Keselowski, Kenseth, Kahne & Johnson will be out.

Question #3: Will Matt Kenseth, Dale Jr, Jimmie Johnson or Brad Keselowski survive elimination on Sunday?

1. Jimmy Johnson
2. Brad will not finish race
3. Matt will win ( Gotta go with this because he is my guy), Jimmy will get caught up in the big one, Jr. will not make the chase.

When Jr. and Johnson are eliminated from the chase, TV viewership will drop to an unprecedented low, plus I have heard the Governor of Alabama is calling up the National Guard, to control the rioting in the grand stands, infield and camping areas at Dega in the event of item 3 taking place. I feel certain a Military MASH unit will be set up pre-race for all the wounded, in the event the outcome mentioned comes to fruition.

1. Im gona have to say a tie between Joey starting with 5 top 5's (first time in chase history thats happened) and the drivers who fill out the bottom 4 spots right now.

2. No.. well.. maybe.. probly not though.

3. Jimmie, Brad and Jr are done. Not so sure about Kenseth.

1- Kyle Larson
2- not on a plate race - maybe the next one
3- I think Kenseth might advance, he usually does well at plate races - the the big one will decide.

#1 - Jimmie Johnson
#2 - Probably not but I think even jolo will stay away from him just in case, so he'll probably have little or no help.
#3 - I think one will but I don't know which one. Maybe Kenseth.

1) The struggles of HMS.

2) No.

3) Not sure which one, but I'll say only one of those three will advance.

1.Jimmie, and Brad will probably get eliminated.

2. I would say no for Talladega, if the question wasn't for any form of payback. But I do expect the drafting selectivity and drivers refusing to help others to be more in force than ever. The stakes and feuding is at a high level.
If collusion can be considered payback then here is my expectation:

HMS, SHR, and Gennasi cars will be giving an exclusive assist whenever they can to JJ, JR, and even Kahne who has only a point cushion.

Gibbs and MWR will doing the same for Kenseth, and Hamlin should be a good RP partner. Gibbs big need is simpler and easier imo, just get Kenseth in because Hamlin and Kyle are safe barring a wreck, damage, mechanical issue etc....

Fords will be doing the same for Brad.

After last weeks post race I am expecting more cross brand anger and vendettas than usual. Toyotas don't want to see a Brad Ford win the race, and helping Kenseth win is the best ethical way to make that happen.

The Brad Fords don't want to see Kenseth Toyota get in, or Hamlin. Aside from wrecking Hamlin there isn't much they can do, concentrating on keeping Kenseth out is far more attainable and the better focus imo.

I expect team orders but not over the radios, I think those priorities have been stressed all week and understood.

3.Kenseth will make it. I think the other three could win an In, but is very unlikely. That's a lot of pressure for a crap shoot atmosphere imo.

Continued fumbling of the 48 team. "I don't know what to do" isn't what you want to hear from your driver.

We may see a replay of the spring race, with Danica cluelessly saying "I feel like I held my line" after wrecking a Penske car.

Matt is out, along with 2 guys who are solidly in at the start of the race. Jr and Brad advance.

Continued fumbling of the 48 team. "I don't know what to do" isn't what you want to hear from your driver.

We may see a replay of the spring race, with Danica cluelessly saying "I feel like I held my line" after wrecking a Penske car.

Matt is out, along with 2 guys who are solidly in at the start of the race. Jr and Brad advance.
Damn Fender, that was so bright I had to close one eye to read it. :p

#1. JJ at the bottom of the chase grid.

#2. Payback will be zero help for Brad, even JoLo will avoid him to not get caught up in his delimna.

#3. Matt will be in and Jr if he can stay up front and win.

We're just happy you're keeping 1 open for a change. :p
Change your avatar please. I keep getting you confused with the
il-pawn-done.png
. :D

1.Newman

I would have thought him gone by now and here he is, about to advance to the next round.

2.Not in the way of "putting you in the wall" payback but definitely "leave you hanging out to dry all race long" pay back. There is no better way to get back at him by giving him the middle finger, collectively.

3.I'd be fine with all those guys staying where they're at. Maybe swap Kahne for Kenseth or something.

Back
Top Bottom