First time to Darlington, need info

C

Chappy

Finally I get to attend a race at Darlington. I'll be arriving in Darlington Saturday AM for the Busch race, coming from Atlanta. I'll be travelling via motorcycle. I might try to grab a ticket for the Sunday race if one's available, depending on how the weather breaks. I'd appreciate some info from experienced Darlington attendees:

How much back up of traffic should I expect for the Busch race Saturday?

How far from Darlington do you think I'd have to go Sat. PM to find an available hotel room if I decide to stay over Saturday night to catch the Sunday race? A web search seems to indicate plenty of affordable rooms in Myrtle Beach (80 miles). Any suggestions on anything closer to try?

How bad is traffic getting in for the Sunday race?

Is the parking on grass, dirt, or paved?

Apppreciate any info, especially regarding traffic in & out. My experience has been with the legendary backups getting into and out of Atlanta Motor Speedway. Not much fun on a bike. (I drove track rescue there for several years, at least then I could sleep in the back of the ambulance until traffic died down...)

Thanks in advance, Chappy

The traffic can be pretty bad depending on where you park. Where I park is a grass field, if it rains it becomes a mud field. Watch for signs that say "Mud Wrestlin This Way" :lol: Busch race doesn't really have that bad of traffic. Takes me about 30 minutes to get out of the parking lot usually. We always stay about 50 miles west of Darlington, I can't remember the name of the town.

Hey, Turtle3539!!!!! It's Maire24!! How the heck are ya???
We're trying to plan on going to both California races.
Pricing ticlets and they are sky high!!!!!
Traffic is pretty terrible here too, especially on Cup race day.
Gotta leave waaaaaaaaaaaaay before the dern chickens get
up!!! :D :lol: :p
I would love to be able to go to Darlington or Bristol.
But I think that is a pipe dream for this ole grey head.

Hey Dragonlady. Cutie and I are going to the May race at California..........we already have the tickets (and round trip MetroLink tickets, too). We are sitting in section 62 just out of turn four across from the second pit stall (and that huge plasma TV). We like to sit low so we are in row 10 (same seats we have had for 3 of the past 4 races). Our tickets cost $65 a head...........and the MetroLink cost $27 a head. No traffic problems and we leave the train station at about 6:00 am and get there just the time the gates open real good. :) But, I wouldn't say the tickets are "sky high" though.....if you get near the start finish line up in the upper stands, that can get real expensive. That is if you can get a ticket there in the first place.......most of those are "lifetime" season pass holders. Call the track.......the website doesn't help you one bit for single race tickets (never has for at least the last five years). We were told the tickets were selling fast when we got ours (about the middle of January) so call now!! :)

We're probably going to the Labor Day race too.....but the single race tickets are not on sale yet. Just the package deals at the moment.

Originally posted by dragonlady424@Mar 18 2004, 07:56 PM
Hey, Turtle3539!!!!! It's Maire24!! How the heck are ya???
We're trying to plan on going to both California races.
Pricing ticlets and they are sky high!!!!!
Traffic is pretty terrible here too, especially on Cup race day.
Gotta leave waaaaaaaaaaaaay before the dern chickens get
up!!! :D :lol: :p
I would love to be able to go to Darlington or Bristol.
But I think that is a pipe dream for this ole grey head.
Hey Maire!! :cheers:

Back
Top Bottom