For non Jr fans to kick around.

R

racerx11

Could NASCAR and DEI could be faking jr's injury? Jr bearly brushed the wall and was knocked cold. Busch was hit harder by Spencer. There have been worse wrecks in cool down laps. Could this be a ploy to increase the ratings for sundays race?

AS I said before this is for non Jr fans to kick around. This is half intended to be toungue in cheek. If you are a jr fan and have read this and are offended, you were warned.

Lets see you in that car... spinning out of control... then bam!! Driver's side into the wall. You cant tell me that is fake... if so, then you must have issues.

slick-nick, racerx11 drives. hence the photo in his avatar. chill out a little bit and read everything that he posted.
This is half intended to be toungue in cheek. If you are a jr fan and have read this and are offended, you were warned.

.. but how can it be fake? How can you fake hitting the wall on the drivers side?

I think he meant that the injury/hype could be the "made up" part. Of course the accident wasn't planned or faked.

While I don't think it was faked, it is an interesting thought.

I just hope the doctors didn't clear him to race out of pressure, and that their decision was made purely by medical terms.

Sure, I would like to see him sit out the race - NOT BECAUSE HE IS SERIOUSLY HURT (STRESS THAT) - just because he is so dominate at Dega, I would like to see someone else "have a chance".

I don't want to see anyone hurt - (more stress on this point).

Originally posted by racerx11@Sep 25 2003, 08:17 AM
Could NASCAR and DEI could be faking jr's injury? Jr bearly brushed the wall and was knocked cold. Busch was hit harder by Spencer. There have been worse wrecks in cool down laps. Could this be a ploy to increase the ratings for sundays race?

AS I said before this is for non Jr fans to kick around. This is half intended to be toungue in cheek. If you are a jr fan and have read this and are offended, you were warned.
As much as I'd like to think that the accident was a set up for his 5th victory in a row at Dega & that NASCAR has already modified the restrictor plate that they'll be giving the #8 team...I don't think it was staged. The first thing out of BP & Wally's mouths was "that was a hard hit, even though it didn't look like it was". Unless, of course, they were in on it also. :D :lol:

Think of it slick, the brightest star in NASCAR coming back from a terrible accident to race in one of NASCAR's biggest races.This is days of thunder stuff. Can you think of a better way to advertise or to attract new viewers?

Originally posted by 17_Fan@Sep 25 2003, 12:17 PM
that NASCAR has already modified the restrictor plate that they'll be giving the #8 team
Now I do not believe NASCAR would modify a restricter plate for Jr. That would be to obvious. Besides, NASCAR is more creative than that. Jr gets a special aero package.

Originally posted by racerx11+Sep 25 2003, 11:33 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (racerx11 @ Sep 25 2003, 11:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--17_Fan@Sep 25 2003, 12:17 PM
that NASCAR has already modified the restrictor plate that they'll be giving the #8 team
Now I do not believe NASCAR would modify a restricter plate for Jr. That would be to obvious. Besides, NASCAR is more creative than that. Jr gets a special aero package. [/b][/quote]
I would have thought that too, but after watching Jr. pull away from the field during the 2001 Firecracker 400 & NBC broadcasting his in car communications at the time & Jr. telling his crew that he only has the gas pedal 3/4 of the way down, I'm not so sure anymore. :cuckoo: :lol:

Originally posted by racerx11@Sep 25 2003, 09:17 AM
You've got to be kidding. I'm not a Junior nor Nascar Helton fan but come on. There's alot of crashes on the track that don't look that bad. Remember Dale Earnhardt's crash? I think you're just grasping at straw's. :(

you dont really have to hit that hard to get a concussion if you hit the drivers side.

i dont think the injury is staged. JMO

To add fuel to the fire...

this is from Nascar.com:

Potential storyline: Earnhardt Jr., after suffering a mild concussion and a bruised foot last weekend at Dover, was given medical clearance Wednesday to race in Sunday's event. Junior will attempt to nab his fifth consecutive Talladega victory.

I dont think it was staged... I dont think jr. and nascar are that good of actors ^_^

I don't think it was staged it looked to good without pratice. But when it comes to Daga. Jr is one of the very few that can go up on the outside and pass without any drafting help. :D

Let's put things into perspective here. There are some people who think it's "staged" and that the crash didnt look that bad. I'm not a physics expert or a science expert but I'll put it into my own words.

Well they're wrong. For one thing, NASCAR is far from being WWF or whatever the hell it's called. For another thing, If you look at the impacts of Dale Earnhardt, when Dale Earnhardt hit the wall at Daytona, he was going about speeds in excess of 185-195 miles per hour. Now when he hit the wall, that motion, that energy that the car had comes to a sudden halt and the fact that he's going a lot faster then other guys who hit the wall at like 120 or 130, then that force when it impacts, it's going to hurt, no not only hurt; it will kill. If NASCAR recorded the Gs (or amount of gravity I think) that Earnhardt's car absorbed when he got killed, then that G count will be very very high. After I've watched the 2001 Daytona 500 over and over again, Sure, Earnhardt's wreck didnt look that bad from the outside, but if you looked at it in a bit deeper perspective, then your opinion will change.

When Tony Stewart wrecked in the same race, the 2001 Daytona 500, his car was flipping over losing energy gradually and as the car hit the ground and came back into the air and vice versa, it was slowing down that and he didnt hit the wall all of a sudden.

When Jerry Nadeau hit the wall at Richmond, he was still accelerating and he was probably barreling off into the turn 1 at Richmond at 150 or 170 mph. Sure again, his wreck didnt look that bad. But he got injured pretty badly, enough for him to be in critical condition for a short while. Why? The G count, the forces his car absorbs when it hits the wall. The hit was probably bad enough to kill him but thankfully it didnt.

Now, when NASCAR measures Earnhardt Jr's wreck. There will be a High G count. Sure it didnt look bad from the outside, but all that energy and forward motion his car had entering turn 1 then it spun around and hit the wall at about 140, 150 then the Gs that his car absorbed. That's going to hurt, were it not for a lot of changes in the cars, then Jr. probably would be too injured to race. So, I'd be surprised if anyone still were to come up and say that the wreck was staged.

No all this stuff about his accident being staged is bull, i'm not a huge fan , but i like him and respect his ability on the plate tracks. He learned from the best and also has a great teamate in Mikey who will help him get to the front. If Jr. can avoid the big accident he will be a contender today. What i think is pretty funny is they got caught in tech thus having to go to the back. Would make for a great story for sure if he is to win today, Nascar would love it,but way too many variables to control to stage this....if anyone believes it is all staged needs to check themselves...lol! ;)

There's a simple equation to figure how fast a car is going in the direction of an object when it impacts: multiply the forward MPH of the car by the sine of the angle of impact. In DE's case, it was estimated that he hit the wall at about a 59 degree angle. With an estimated forward speed of 180 mph, that works out to the car going into the wall at a little over 154 mph. I know there's an additional part to figure out how many G's of impact that is, but I'd have to look it up.

Back
Top Bottom