Free youth admission into all Xfinity and Truck events (2017)

FLRacingFan

Team Owner
http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-me...finity-series-camping-world-truck-series.html

NASCAR today announced exclusively via Facebook Live that beginning in 2017, kids ages 12 and younger will be admitted free to all NASCAR XFINITY Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races.

The announcement was made during an all-kids press conference hosted at the NASCAR Hall of Fame in Charlotte, N.C. The press conference also kicked off Kids Drive NASCAR, a week-long, youth initiative leading up to this weekend’s national series races at Michigan International Speedway and Road America.

"There really is no other experience like attending a NASCAR race in person, and that's especially true for kids," said Jill Gregory, NASCAR senior vice president and chief marketing officer. "So many children become lifelong NASCAR fans because their parents brought them to their first race, and this new ticket offering makes it even more affordable for families to create memories that will last a lifetime."

Many race tracks already have in place a bevy of offerings geared towards youth, including youth autograph sessions, youth garage tours, kids' clubs and designated kids’ zones. Numerous tracks also have employed various ticket platforms focused on youth, but this new program marks the first time where tracks will institute a consistent offer wherever NASCAR XFINITY Series and NASCAR Camping World Truck Series races take place.

Beginning in 2017, the number of complimentary tickets available for children 12 and younger will vary from venue to venue for every adult ticket purchased. Specific track policies and procedures, including sections in which the tickets are offered, will still apply and may differ for each track as well in an effort to welcome and accommodate as many families as possible.

Good move, but no panacea.

nascarcasm ‏@nascarcasm
nascarcasm Retweeted NASCAR

Awesome deal. And not just because William Byron won't have to pay to run his own races.
nascarcasm ‏@nascarcasm
Some tracks do kids' autograph sessions.
2764.png
seeing look on their faces when they meet a driver. At that point I'm usually kicked out of line

Should have been in place or practice in the Sprint Cup and Xfinity series all along as well, as in years ago.

The children are literally the future of everything. My dad started taking me to GPS, when I was 9 or 10 and my ticket was free at the local tracks. By the time I was a teenager I was mowing lawns to buy my tickets.
In High School I turned down a job that conflicted with the local Saturday night schedule.

Now they need to have a separate fan council for people under 14 who can prove they have attended at least 3-5 races. Their ideas will probably make more sense than some I have read on here. :rolleyes:

Would be cool if they allowed the kids to get free pit passes too.

I read about this on Facebook. I wonder if it will bring any kids to the races?
It will bring mine. I took my son to practice and qualifying at Martinsville. He loved it. He's begging to go back. This defiantly helps.

Concession sales go up. Sales from the junk tents go up.

It won't over-crowd anything. Kids don't have to pee as often as old men.

Sounds good to me. Hope a lot of adults take 'em along.

It will bring mine. I took my son to practice and qualifying at Martinsville. He loved it. He's begging to go back. This defiantly helps.
Keep in mind that it says.....

Beginning in 2017, the number of complimentary tickets available for children 12 and younger will vary from venue to venue for every adult ticket purchased. Specific track policies and procedures, including sections in which the tickets are offered, will still apply and may differ for each track as well in an effort to welcome and accommodate as many families as possible.

Long story short, there may not be a whole lot of these ticket deals offered. Maybe I'm wrong but that's the way I read it. You may need to jump on it when tickets go on sale for the 2017 Martinsville Spring Race.

Keep in mind that it says.....

Long story short, there may not be a whole lot of these ticket deals offered. Maybe I'm wrong but that's the way I read it. You may need to jump on it when tickets go on sale for the 2017 Martinsville Spring Race.

I read that as saying some tracks may offer a wider range of discounts, not narrower. But you could be right...

I applaud this in spirit. It's good PR and hopefully it attracts some new kids and families who weren't aware that...many of the tracks are already doing this or have very reduced youth prices ($5, $10, etc.). The uniform policy and PR push behind it is nice though. Should be bolder and include the Cup series, and perhaps go up to 14 or 15. Sellouts are so rare that it wouldn't be a problem. NASCAR shouldn't be turning away a single kid who wants to see a race, whether his / her parents can afford it or not.

Now for a glimpse into the future:

Free youth admission into all Xfinity and Truck events (2021)

I've said this before but I think it's appropriate here. I also said this in the weekly fan council survey this week. I grew up around racing fans, just about everyone in the family were fans. I really wasn't as a kid. I knew who Petty, Waltrip and Earnhardt were, but that's about it. Back then, North Wilksboro gave kids under 12 free addmission. My uncle talked me into going in September 1990. I was immediately hooked. Since that time, I've been to I'd guess 35-40 top 3 series races. I've easily spent 10-15 thousand dollars on NASCAR merchandise. I've rarely missed a race on tv. All of that comes from one free ticket.

I love this move. I hope they expand it.

Back
Top Bottom