Gaughan Crashes Out

T

TonyB

Brendan had raced his way from the rear of the field all the way up to the top 5. He has tagged from behind when he slowed faster than the truck behind (#10 Marty Houston) when a caution came out.

The championship is really up for grabs now.

As they run under caution (still cleaning up from this ugly wreck that totaled at least 3 trucks):

Kvapil is the championship leader
He leads either Setzer or Musgrave by 1 point (sorry missed who)
And the other is less than 10 points back.

I didn't know Brendan owned a donkey
lolpound.gif

Right now the top 3 in championship are
Musgrave (--)
Kvapil (-4)
Setzer (-5)

With 11 laps to go Ted Musgrave and Travis Kvapil are TIED in the points.

Originally posted by majestyx+Nov 14 2003, 05:01 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (majestyx @ Nov 14 2003, 05:01 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--TonyB@Nov 14 2003, 03:59 PM
I didn't know Brendan owned a donkey
lolpound.gif

Not able to watch, please explain! (More details!!!) [/b][/quote]
The #10 was a teammate to #1 Musgrave.

Replays obviously showed that the contact was not intentional.

Brendan Gaughan said in an interview that Jimmy Smith could kiss his ass.

Caution is out. Looks like a green/white/checkers finish to decide the race and the championship.

Got it restarted wiht 3 to go.

Ted Musgrave is blck-flagged for jumping the restart.

Oh man. Jimmy Smith doesn't know Ted Musgrave was black-flagged.

Race is over. I actually have no clue who won the race.

But it looks like Travis Kvapil won the championship.

Musgrave didn't pull off the track and finished in 6th position. Still waiting to make sure that NASCAR will stick with the call and place Musgrave end of lead lap.

oh, by the way, Bobby Hamilton won the race.

OK folks, I guess we can say that Nascar will hand this championship to whomever they want. This is a major problem, when Nascar has so much power that it relies on them to decide who wins the championship.

he did not pass he just pulled out he should not be black flagged

This is :bslfag:

vickers did the exact same thing musgrave did and vickers got black flagged

I believe ted it did look like 16 checked up or spun tires at the restart so I don't blame ted. Hmmmm I wonder if this will be protested?

Sorry, but I have to say that it was the right call.

You can not pass to the left on the restart. He clearly ducked out and went left. Same call as would made earlier in the year with Brian Vickers in the Busch race at Texas. And Musgrave was much closer to actually go past the truck (car.)

Sorry, but Musgrave screwed up and NASCAR made the right call on this one.

Travis didnt even say anything about brendon wrecking, no apologizies or anything did he? nothing brendon could have done somebody else wrecked and went into the back of him. THen after that ted gets impatient and makes a mistake. Travis keeps saying thank you to his crew and talking about what it took from him he should be thanking the guy that spun out and acidently took brendon with him.

oh well maybe next year brendon.

I dont mean apologize like it was his fault, but he could say something like " I feel for brendon hate to win a championship like this but it happens" or something like that. Instead he just talks about himself. Not a big deal I guess though most drivers wouldnt have either.

I actually thought Kvapil handled himself very well... of course he won, so it wasn't that big a challange.

Can you image having to sit in that truck for 10 minutes without knowing if you won the championship or not?

Originally posted by TonyB@Nov 14 2003, 06:01 PM
I actually thought Kvapil handled himself very well... of course he won, so it wasn't that big a challange.

Can you image having to sit in that truck for 10 minutes without knowing if you won the championship or not?
He handled himself like a Champion.

Back
Top Bottom