Gibbs Indy Cars Illegal

Relax, man. :)

I don't know what was taken and what wasn't. I only know what I saw during the race and that it was odd to see the #20 haul past the #48 on the straightaways. The Toyotas haven't exactly been known for their straigh line HP so far this year.

I thought the same thing..commented and said looks like they turned the Toyota's up. (in other words self appointed Toyota Jesus) they found some speed somewhere.

Well surprise surprise, getting pressure from a team finishing 2-3-4 and they ain't suppose to win the chase, only JJ can win the chase, so Nastycar can improve ratings, right? Old man Rick Hendrick has always been good a putting his money where it counts, to the tune of one year house arrest for collusion in his business dealings and how ironic that he came down with some kind of cancer that lasted as long as he was on house arrest and then miraculously he was well again. PALEEESSSEEE.

real old news dude, not to mention off topic. BTW we are talking about the Gibbs cars..probably just the 11 car now from the sounds of it.

My guess would be a P2 violation, not anything harsh.
Probably so, P3 if they are really jacked up.

Warnings are issued instead of penalties for certain types of minor, first-time infractions.
• P1 penalties may result from multiple warnings to the same team.
• P2 penalties may include but are not limited to violations such as hollow components, expiration of certain safety certification or improper installation of a safety feature, or minor bracket and fasteners violations.
• P3 penalty options may include but are not limited to violations such as unauthorized parts, measurement failures, parts that fail their intended use, or coil spring violation.
• P4 level infractions may include but are not limited to violations such as devices that circumvent NASCAR templates and measuring equipment, or unapproved added weight .
• P5 level may include but are not limited to violations such as combustion-enhancing additives in the oil, oil filter, air filter element or devices, systems, omissions, etc., that affect the normal airflow over the body.
• P6 level may include but are not limited to violations such as affecting the internal workings and performance of the engine, modifying the pre-certified chassis, traction control or affecting EFI or the ECU.

Looks good on Denny, the smug punk that he is...

JGR did look stout though, NASCAR better check those connecting rod weights again.

Relax, man. :)

I don't know what was taken and what wasn't. I only know what I saw during the race and that it was odd to see the #20 haul past the #48 on the straightaways. The Toyotas haven't exactly been known for their straigh line HP so far this year.

No, I'm all good man. ;) TRD brought a new spec motor this weekend. Denny, in particular, still isn't impressed, but I think the Toyotas are getting there. I think at that place in particular the straight line speed is so deceptive. You can't get off 4, you look slow--momentum screwed, etc. Probably equal measure of handling and improvement under the hood. As much as I would like to think that the new spec could overcome a ****** handling car, it really isn't that way with anybody IMO.

We all know, however, that the handling improvement comes from the firewall plate venting, and a secret weapon......the glove box was open the whole ****** race! Shhhhhhhh. :laugh:

JGR did look stout though, NASCAR better check those connecting rod weights again.

Kyle gets clean air at the last restart, he wins. Period. Dirty air kills there. Really proud of the fight in TRD and JGR. Good stuff. As frustrating as this season has been, it has been one of my favorites. Don't think the lights have been off at TRD since, well, ever.

Yes, they did.

They may also want to have a quick look at the #5 and see how they all of a sudden are leading a bunch of laps :)

No, I'm all good man. ;) TRD brought a new spec motor this weekend. Denny, in particular, still isn't impressed, but I think the Toyotas are getting there. I think at that place in particular the straight line speed is so deceptive. You can't get off 4, you look slow--momentum screwed, etc. Probably equal measure of handling and improvement under the hood. As much as I would like to think that the new spec could overcome a ****** handling car, it really isn't that way with anybody IMO.

We all know, however, that the handling improvement comes from the firewall plate venting, and a secret weapon......the glove box was open the whole ******* race! Shhhhhhhh. :laugh:

I think even though they didn't win, and depending upon the outcome of the penalties; JGR should look at this weekend as a major victory. They made up some major ground. In particular if you consider Chevy's total dominance at Indy, the fact that they finished 2,3,4 should be seen as a huge improvement and a stepping stone for further success.

We all know, however, that the handling improvement comes from the firewall plate venting, and a secret weapon......the glove box was open the whole ******* race! Shhhhhhhh. :laugh:

I wasn't aware of that. Good stuff.

Yes, they did.

They may also want to have a quick look at the #5 and see how they all of a sudden are leading a bunch of laps :)

Kahne needed a win so bad, if he misses the Chase, the team can circle Indy as the place they blew their best shot at it. Gordon still had the best car, but had Kahne picked the outside, he might just have been able to hold them off.

Nascar found a car that had the oil access door loose and flapping inside the car. They penalized who ever that was. I remember at the same race they penalized Junior also for having hollow spoiler bolts
Vegas, 2008, Carl Edwards race wining car had an oil tank lid that wasn't secured. It was said that it could have caused a pressure difference allowing for more down force. Failed post race inspection but kept the win. 100 points and $100,000 was the result.

I don't remember Jr. being penalized for having hollow spoiler bolts. Got a link?

I think even though they didn't win, and depending upon the outcome of the penalties; JGR should look at this weekend as a major victory. They made up some major ground. In particular if you consider Chevy's total dominance at Indy, the fact that they finished 2,3,4 should be seen as a huge improvement and a stepping stone for further success.

No question. In all honesty, I think it's a total win regardless of the outcome of Denny's car. We all recognize that it's the package that makes the difference, and it's only when something funky goes on do we kind of go down the path of the magic trick to change everything. IF there is anything illegal going on, it's only a piece. There is still massive improvement. I think the corner was turned in New Hampshire. Having said that, Indy is a total stunner. Without checking the stats, I believe that this is easily Toyota's best Brickyard.

Vegas, 2008, Carl Edwards race wining car had an oil tank lid that wasn't secured. It was said that it could have caused a pressure difference allowing for more down force. Failed post race inspection but kept the win. 100 points and $100,000 was the result.

I don't remember Jr. being penalized for having hollow spoiler bolts. Got a link?

I thought that it was Kenseth/Rieser a few years back at Daytona who tried that.

No question. In all honesty, I think it's a total win regardless of the outcome of Denny's car. We all recognize that it's the package that makes the difference, and it's only when something funky goes on do we kind of go down the path of the magic trick to change everything. IF there is anything illegal going on, it's only a piece. There is still massive improvement. I think the corner was turned in New Hampshire. Having said that, Indy is a total stunner. Without checking the stats, I believe that this is easily Toyota's best Brickyard.

Well it looks like they're not out of the championship hunt quite yet. Still need to get some wins, but they'll come. All I know is if they can hang with HMS at INDY, then that new package must be good. I'll be interested to see if they can translate some of that speed to the 1.5 mile tracks. If they can then watch out, but that's not a given at this point.

Interesting to hear you say Denny was not impressed. Anything you can share on that? Or is it Denny being Denny? He was pretty critical of his own JGR engine shop a few years back before they switched over to TRD.

Well it looks like they're not out of the championship hunt quite yet. Still need to get some wins, but they'll come. All I know is if they can hang with HMS at INDY, then that new package must be good. I'll be interested to see if they can translate some of that speed to the 1.5 mile tracks. If they can then watch out, but that's not a given at this point.

Interesting to hear you say Denny was not impressed. Anything you can share on that? Or is it Denny being Denny? He was pretty critical of his own JGR engine shop a few years back before they switched over to TRD.

My read is Denny being Denny. Here's my take......Given Denny's starting position, and their subsequent strategy, they had to have been using a fuel conservation map which obviously would reduce horsepower. If he didn't have the grunt, it was by design to a certain extent. Think the flip side of what set Kyle off a couple of years ago in Dover. He was full power, ran short on fuel, and blamed TRD....full power is thirsty. Having said all of that, I have mentioned on this board, JGR driver's tendency to ride TRD pretty hard due to the fact that the engine shop is not in house. You are not criticizing JGR if you let loose on the engine side. Probably a whole bunch of drivers never being happy with power too.

Everyone cheats in NASCAR. Its all about who gets caught.

Personally, I dont call pushing into the grey area cheating. Ray and Jeff did it, Jimmie and Chad are doing it... push the limits until you get called out on it. It's what grows the sport imo

You probably didn't have sirius back then, but it was the hollow bolts that were in the bracket that were holding the spoiler was what they said was the infraction.
http://www.streetdirectory.com/trav...s/dale_jr_penalized_crew_chief_suspended.html

Toyota Jesus.
jesus-arm-wrestling-satan-on-toyota-tundras-tailgate_1.jpg

My read is Denny being Denny. Here's my take......Given Denny's starting position, and their subsequent strategy, they had to have been using a fuel conservation map which obviously would reduce horsepower. If he didn't have the grunt, it was by design to a certain extent. Think the flip side of what set Kyle off a couple of years ago in Dover. He was full power, ran short on fuel, and blamed TRD....full power is thirsty. Having said all of that, I have mentioned on this board, JGR driver's tendency to ride TRD pretty hard due to the fact that the engine shop is not in house. You are not criticizing JGR if you let loose on the engine side. Probably a whole bunch of drivers never being happy with power too.

Drivers aren't happy unless they win I suppose, didn't Denny's team botch the fuel up during one of the stops? Maybe that was his gripe. If I was TRD I wouldn't take too kindly to some driver taking a sh*t on all their hard work. Seems to be a JGR driver phenomenon though.

You probably didn't have sirius back then, but it was the hollow bolts that were in the bracket that were holding the spoiler was what they said was the infraction.
http://www.streetdirectory.com/trav...s/dale_jr_penalized_crew_chief_suspended.html
That wasn't about hollowed out bolts. It was about the wrong bracket being used to mount the spoiler on the COT. There have been others that have used hollowed out bolts in the past but that wasn't one of those times. Evernham's rides come to mind. That was the same year, 2007. Restrictor plate races.

Oh, and yes..... I've been a subscriber to both XM and the Sirius and finally SiriusXM since their inception. Must have NASCAR Radio. That stations has come a long way since it's early days on XM. CB Lang still there.

That wasn't about hollowed out bolts. It was about the wrong bracket being used to mount the spoiler on the COT. There have been others that have used hollowed out bolts in the past but that wasn't one of those times. Evernham's rides come to mind. That was the same year, 2007. Restrictor plate races.

sorry dude, I heard what I heard. Difference of opinion.

None of this stuff is hard to look up. All of the penalties dating back for some time are available on jayski's site including Jr's infraction that weekend. It doesn't have anything to do with a difference of opinions.

None of this stuff is hard to look up. All of the penalties dating back for some time are available on jayski's site including Jr's infraction that weekend. It doesn't have anything to do with a difference of opinions.
You forgot to say "Dude". :D

already explained it to ya once. the illegal spoiler bracket was BECAUSE of the fasteners. now you and your little "like" buddy go figure..Like I said difference of opinion. Done here.

already explained it to ya once. the illegal spoiler bracket was BECAUSE of the fasteners. now you and your little "like" buddy go figure..Like I said difference of opinion. Done here.
Not a big deal. No need to take offense to it. People can look it up if the like. I did. He's my driver so I like to think that I'm up to date on his history.

There, I liked your post too. Now we can be 'like buddies'. ;)

Not a big deal. No need to take offense to it. People can look it up if the like. I did. He's my driver so I like to think that I'm up to date on his history.

There, I liked your post too. Now we can be 'like buddies'. ;)
:D

Back
Top Bottom