Goodbye to 11-second pit stops???

I've been thinking (Yes i know how dangerous that is;) Nascar may have another reason for reducing the over the wall crew members not yet brought up here yet. Now that they are doing AI officiating from cameras on the top of the stands, removing a rear tire carrier (most likely) would make it easier to catch any rules infraction.

Longer pit stops make it more desirable to consider a 2 tire pit stop over 4, and a (gas only) 0 tire pit stop over 2 or 4 tire stop. I think it might be as much as 2 sets of tires per race. Now teams will still buy and mount all the tires they can, but if they don't use them they can sell them back to Goodyear.
Actually the tires still belong to Goodyear I believe.

Longer pit stops make it more desirable to consider a 2 tire pit stop over 4, and a (gas only) 0 tire pit stop over 2 or 4 tire stop. I think it might be as much as 2 sets of tires per race. Now teams will still buy and mount all the tires they can, but if they don't use them they can sell them back to Goodyear.
Both 2- and 4-tire stops will take longer than they do now. I don't see how that will make a 2-tire stop any more or less an option than it currently is.

Both 2- and 4-tire stops will take longer than they do now. I don't see how that will make a 2-tire stop any more or less an option than it currently is.
Come on . There has to be something really outrageous going on here that we can get upset with.

inb4 they adopt Formula 1 rule of no re-fuels during the race.

You'd have to load well over 100 gallons into a car to do that at a 500-mile race at current fuel efficiency rates, even where we are w/ fuel cell tech there's no way you could do that safely.

Formula One races are 185 miles long (about), with Monaco being like 155 miles, with four-cylinder engines.

Cup cars are twice as heavy, with V8 engines, in races that are 400 and 500 miles long.

They'd have to pull tanker trailers behind them to finish the race.
I've seen this at Lancaster in NY. Except it was school buses pulling pop up trailers! :D

Back
Top Bottom