Grand jury decision on Tony.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexasRaceLady

Plank Owner
Contributor
I could not believe the venom and downright nastiness being spewed in the other thread.

Sometimes you amaze me. Sometime it's a good feeling. Other times it makes me sick to my stomach.

I'm happy to see that Tony won't be charged.

I'm very sorry to read that the young driver was under the influence. That breaks my heart.

Glad to hear that Tony's been found innocent. Hopefully he can get past this and get back to winning races again. Also I hope the Ward family is able to find closure. My prayers are with all involved.

Maybe RF posters should be required to act as adults.

This decision isn't really a surprise to me. What is though is that Ward was under the influence. This bit of news will more than likely stop any civil suit.

I guess I missed the ****show earlier...

So did the DA have these toxicology reports... And do they know how recently before the race kevin had gotten stoned?

I guess I missed the ****show earlier...

So did the DA have these toxicology reports... And do they know how recently before the race kevin had gotten stoned?
No, but they said it was enough THC saturation in his blood that he was impaired.

Somebody tipped off the local media about Ward's toxicology report because as soon as the DA started taking questions a woman reporter asked about Ward's toxicology report and l didn't understand why that would be brought up and lo and behold there was something in it. It was like the first or second question.

I'm obviously on Stewart's side, but there is as much gray area with THC in his system as there was with Stewart running him over in the first place.. But whatever.

Basically refer to TRL for my views lol
Happy Tony is not going to jail, but sad bout Ward and sad to hear he was impaired.

Glad its over, mandatory drug tests for all the auto racing series on the way hopefully

Somebody tipped off the local media about Ward's toxicology report because as soon as the DA started taking questions a woman reporter asked about Ward's toxicology report and l didn't understand why that would be brought up and lo and behold there was something in it. It was like the first or second question.
The toxicology results were mentioned during the statement to the press at the beginning of the news conference. It didn't come up as a result to a question asked by any reporter.

Nope, not over by any means.....

Kevin Ward family: Tony Stewart 'tried to intimidate' Ward, matter 'not at rest'

The family of Kevin Ward Jr. says the matter of their son’s death “is not at rest” and that Tony Stewart should still be scrutinized for his actions the night Ward died.

In a family statement sent to Sporting News from Ward’s father, the family took exception to Stewart’s actions Aug. 9 when Stewart’s sprint car struck and killed the 20-year-old Ward, who had approached Stewart's car on foot following an accident at Canandaigua Motorsports Park.

“Our son got out of his car during caution while the race was suspended,” the statement said. “All the other vehicles were reducing speed and not accelerating except for Stewart who intentionally tried to intimidate Kevin by accelerating and sliding his car towards him causing this tragedy.

“The focus should be on Mr. Stewart and not my son. This matter is not at rest and we will pursue all remedies in fairness to Kevin.”

Read the rest here

Nope, not over by any means.....

Kevin Ward family: Tony Stewart 'tried to intimidate' Ward, matter 'not at rest'

The family of Kevin Ward Jr. says the matter of their son’s death “is not at rest” and that Tony Stewart should still be scrutinized for his actions the night Ward died.

In a family statement sent to Sporting News from Ward’s father, the family took exception to Stewart’s actions Aug. 9 when Stewart’s sprint car struck and killed the 20-year-old Ward, who had approached Stewart's car on foot following an accident at Canandaigua Motorsports Park.

“Our son got out of his car during caution while the race was suspended,” the statement said. “All the other vehicles were reducing speed and not accelerating except for Stewart who intentionally tried to intimidate Kevin by accelerating and sliding his car towards him causing this tragedy.

“The focus should be on Mr. Stewart and not my son. This matter is not at rest and we will pursue all remedies in fairness to Kevin.”

Read the rest here

I'm sure they are really bummed now.. a lot of people are going to be generalizing and making assumptions about their kid.. Sucks.

Because they don't have a policy in place. This was also brought up in the news conference earlier.

Thats what I figured, they probably ought to work on that situation, I realize it can get kind of expensive and consume quite a bit of time but if a car goes over the fence and kills someone and the driver is impaired just think how ugly that will be for the track owner

ByU8YUuIUAEbwsR.jpg:large

I just hope that the Ward family does not think that Tony does not feel that accident resonate with him.

I think this something that Tony will not ever seriously forget.

I get the impression from dpks article that the ward family feels that Tony has "gotten off scott free"
They do not realize how this has impacted tony it seems.

I get the impression from dpks article that the ward family feels that Tony has "gotten off scott free"
They do not realize how this has impacted tony it seems.
I think the last thing they are worried about is how this affects Tony and I can certainly understand that. They lost a son. We can't see things as they see them.

I can't imagine what the Ward family is going through but they need to let this rest.
Tony is clearly affected by this.

If they don't prove that it's somehow Tony's fault ... then they have to live with it somehow being their son's fault. Obviously the grey ground in between the two isn't somewhere they can stand.

Wards family only sees $$$$$ It would be nice to see a failure on such a frivolous suit. I'm sure they knew Kevin smoked and that the track has no active policy in place.

If I were Tony, I'd bring a counter suit on the same day as I was served if that's the case.

I can't imagine what the Ward family is going through but they need to let this rest.
Tony is clearly affected by this.

They are so focused on laying all the blame on Tony, how can they, or anyone else, properly mourn? They seem to be hung up on the first youtube video with the engine revving, not realizing it wasn't synched properly until later, and the engine sounds were from the front stretch.

Enough drugs to affect judgement.
Gets out of the car while cars are STILL slowing on the front stretch.
Runs well into turn 2 on a dark track.
BARELY avoids 1 car, then moves in the wrong direction to avoid 2nd car.

If Kevin's parents sue, they will insure a negative public perception of them and their son. Why was your son doing drugs, and when racing? Isn't that disrespecting his competitors? Didn't anyone in the family teach him racing safety?

The toxicology results were mentioned during the statement to the press at the beginning of the news conference. It didn't come up as a result to a question asked by any reporter.
Watch it again and repeat that.

If they don't prove that it's somehow Tony's fault ... then they have to live with it somehow being their son's fault. Obviously the grey ground in between the two isn't somewhere they can stand.

Agreed here. Speaking from a parents perspective, I can tell you if something happened to one of my girls (one is 14 the other 2.3/4) I would do what I could to make sure whoever did whatever to them was held accountable if the criminal system failed them. I would hope my family would surround me and counsel me and tell me that this would not bring them back, it was not worth dragging my family through a horrible ordeal.

I only hope and pray same happens for the ward family.

Prayers for healing for the Ward family and Stewarts

Wards family only sees $$$$$ It would be nice to see a failure on such a frivolous suit. I'm sure they knew Kevin smoked and that the track has no active policy in place.

If I were Tony, I'd bring a counter suit on the same day as I was served if that's the case.

Two words are the reason why that wont happen IMHO= Public Relations.

They are so focused on laying all the blame on Tony, how can they, or anyone else, properly mourn? They seem to be hung up on the first youtube video with the engine revving, not realizing it wasn't synched properly until later, and the engine sounds were from the front stretch.

If Kevin's parents sue, they will insure a negative public perception of them and their son. Why was your son doing drugs, and when racing? Isn't that disrespecting his competitors? Didn't anyone in the family teach him racing safety?

Maybe dad and son both shared in the reefer madness prior to the race and I'd bet a cooler full of cold brewskis for after the race.

There will always be those that feel that Stewart acted with intent. That was evident from the social media comments in the days immediately following the incident.

If I were Tony, I would give the Wards time to clear their heads, then offer to fund a Kevin Ward scholarship fund so Kevin is remembered properly.

Like I said in the other thread that disappeared. I don't think smoking pot should be illegal. Alcohol causes way more problems and is easy to get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom