Great news!

Yep, I welcome back NBC/SN .

NBC is still using a little cable company in the USA to show the races
so here in Canada we are at the mercy of TSN.
Some soccer match in Europe will prevail.

No more Jaws after Sunday. :)

Until next February that is.
Sorry, it won't be that long. NBC has a history of letting him in the booth for a few minutes at Homestead. I'm sure he'll stick his nose in at a Truck race or two.

I've been waiting for NBC to return. Their agreement with Dish Network permits Dish customers to stream NBC race broadcasts, so I can catch Friday practice at work. Fox's deal with Dish doesn't permit it.

Instead of the Waltrips we will know have an announcer who goes wild if he thinks cars may go 3 wide or screams "SIDEWAYS" if a car momentarily loses adhesion. Of course you have Letarte and Burton who think they are paid by the word and are deathly afraid of a moment's silence so pick your poison.

^ Gotta agree with Skoal. Fox is much improved this year, with DW and Gordon each making the other better IMO, and Larry Mac being far better in his limited role versus being in the booth. And mike Joy is a consummate pro. In contrast, Rick Allen is very annoying. And I get tired of how Burton and Letarte tend to parrot each other. Just my $0.02.

I get a kick out of his screaming "Green flag back in the air!!!!" every time.
I like DW in the booth, but the Boogity Boogity stuff is old and tired. He didn't do it at Michigan. Sunday at Sonoma may indicate whether Michigan was an oversight or that old line is finally being retired. I'm hoping for the latter.

Sorry, it won't be that long. NBC has a history of letting him in the booth for a few minutes at Homestead. I'm sure he'll stick his nose in at a Truck race or two.

I've been waiting for NBC to return. Their agreement with Dish Network permits Dish customers to stream NBC race broadcasts, so I can catch Friday practice at work. Fox's deal with Dish doesn't permit it.

Fox Sports GO isn't available on Dish? Wow.

I have Playstation Vue, comes with Fox Sports and NBC Sports.

I really like Jeff Gordon in the booth, and now that he's shown that he's good at this I think DW needs to step down. It's just time.

NBC's coverage was pretty decent last year although unlike most others I still prefer Fox and always have.

I watched some pre race for the first time this year. DW would put his hand on Jeff just above the wrist every time he started to talk. Like he was saying "my turn"

I see Jeff now has the center position and DW has been moved to the side.

I wonder if Jeff will do Fox if he takes his new job with Kelly?

I have to agree with a few comments , one, I am not a fan of Rick Allen, and FOX did seem to be better this year , Gordon really surprised me just how well he did , and look forward to him maybe one day replacing DW . I like both networks , both have their good and bad things about them, and I like what each ones brings to the table, of course, both could do things better or differently . One think I really liked about NBC from last year is that they gave us more post race coverage , and they were pretty consistent.

But like every year, I always am happy to have FOX back for the start of the new season.

Gordon did great this year, not sure if anyone noticed but his common "Look at this!" when something's about to happen has caught onto me, I guess. Can't get enough of Mike Joy, either.

I had to mute the sound on the last 5 laps at Sonoma, or I was going to throw something at my TV.:mad: Not because of the racing, the racing was great, I just could not take any more of Jaws BS repetitive banter, come on NBC.

I had to mute the sound on the last 5 laps at Sonoma, or I was going to throw something at my TV.:mad: Not because of the racing, the racing was great, I just could not take any more of Jaws BS repetitive banter, come on NBC.

One of these days, Mike Joy will actually get to call an exciting finish. He hasn't been able to in years because of Jaws.

I get a kick out of his screaming "Green flag back in the air!!!!" every time.

You two must not remember Billy. :XXROFL:

"Now you don't have to look it up because we already did"

"Thanks for having us in for the race."

"Caution is out, the race is over!"

"Kevin Harvick sweeps at Bristol ... at Richmond!"

If it wasn't for Wally Dallenbach, that final year of NBC's original contract would've been completely unwatchable.

You two must not remember Billy. :XXROFL:

"Now you don't have to look it up because we already did"

"Thanks for having us in for the race."

"Caution is out, the race is over!"

"Kevin Harvick sweeps at Bristol ... at Richmond!"

If it wasn't for Wally Dallenbach, that final year of NBC's original contract would've been completely unwatchable.

Ya got me on that one Andy! :cheers: I did not remember Billy.

Never thought I'd say this, but I miss DW. At least when he was talking we got to see a race.

Really great news ......there was a bit of a race between commercials NBC rocks ! :confused:

Darrell Waltrip wasn't sitting there all race spouting off stupid **** and making Jeff Gordon defend himself.

I really hope Jeff Burton's just keeping the seat warm for someone else at this point though.

Maybe it is just me, but Rick Allen was continuously annoying, like the drone of a motor on a restrictor plate track, constantly wrung out, never lifting, never braking, just running on and on....

Maybe it is just me, but Rick Allen was continuously annoying, like the drone of a motor on a restrictor plate track, constantly wrung out, never lifting, never braking, just running on and on....
Just wait until next week. SIDEWAYS! AND THEY'RE 8-WIDE EVEN THOUGH THEY'RE ACTUALLY ONLY 2-WIDE! THE LEADER JUST FLEW BY A LAPPED CAR FOR THE LEAD! OH MY GOODNESS THIS IS THE BEST RACE EVER. HE'S SIIIDEWAAAAYS!

I have to agree with a few comments , one, I am not a fan of Rick Allen, and FOX did seem to be better this year , Gordon really surprised me just how well he did , and look forward to him maybe one day replacing DW . I like both networks , both have their good and bad things about them, and I like what each ones brings to the table, of course, both could do things better or differently . One think I really liked about NBC from last year is that they gave us more post race coverage , and they were pretty consistent.

But like every year, I always am happy to have FOX back for the start of the new season.

ditto ! best attitude in thread !! carry on ! :cheers:

Darrell Waltrip wasn't sitting there all race spouting off stupid sh!t and making Jeff Gordon defend himself.

I really hope Jeff Burton's just keeping the seat warm for someone else at this point though.

Need to switch him and Jarrett for the rest of the year. Next year need Stewart in the both.

Back
Top Bottom