Harvick fined

Lap3Forever

Staff member
Harvick fined......
Posted by FresnoFan on March 16, 2004, 1:45 pm
Daytona Beach (FF)- NASCAR representatives have announced that Kevin Harvick, driver of the number twenty nine Goodwrench Chevrolet, will be fined $25,000 for comments in article on NASCAR.COM last week. In an article regarding NASCAR fines in response to a recent crackdown on language and offensive acts by the FCC, Harvick was quoted as saying, “he intends to speak his mind”.
In a statement released by NASCAR President Mike Helton, Helton states “that will not be tolerated in NASCAR.” It was then pointed out to Mr. Helton that Harvick in, the article, did not say anything foul or offensive. Mr. Helton responded by saying that Harvick had made his intentions clear which was in fact “speaking his mind” which is not allowed under NASCAR rules.

The same reporter then asked Helton where this is outlined in the NASCAR rulebook. Helton responded by pointing to his head and saying, “it is all up here.” He then fined the reporter $5000.00.

Having been reached for comment, Harvick says he does not understand why he was fined.

Helton, after having been informed of Harvicks statement, added an additional $25,000 to the original fine, placed Harvick on probation through the end of this season and the next and was ordered to attend a Driver Mentoring Program run by fellow NASCAR driver, Michael Waltrip.

Waltrip looks forward to the challenge. “You give me that Cat and I will show him what a great job NASCAR is doing and how wonderful they really are and that they are just looking out for us.”

When reached for a final statement, all Harvick had to say was “no comment.”

Harvick was then fined an additional $25,000 for not being accessible to the media and docked 100 drivers points.

Richard Childress was then fined $100,000 and deducted 500 owners points for not being in control of his driver.

This reporter is writing this article anonymously for fear of being…well…fined.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, well, I have searched everywhere I can think of and cannot find anything that even remotely smells like the above post.
Soooooooooooooooooooooo, unless someone can present a link or a source, i am just gonna put this one with them other grains of salt I keep to clean off bird doo-doo. LOL

If this is true,what a travesty.I'm no Harvick fan,but I'd feel really PO'd no matter which driver and/or crew members were assessed such absurd penalties,the monetary ones alone are immense for just speaking one's mind,but 100 driver's points and 500 owner's points,those 100 points could be the difference,perhaps,in Kevin Harvick not winning the Championship this season,NASCAR would for sure hear about it from Kevin Harvick fans,I'm also sure They's hear from fans of other drivers as well.There is still a constitution in place in the US,right? :huh:
This PC crap is getting old,and the lower TV ratings announced on another thread here concerning last week's race is probably just a harbinger of less interest in NASCAR,hope not,but if it happens,then NASCAR can only blame Themselves IMHO ;)
Of course the NFL has started handing out fines for certain language there too,I suppose that Brian France,in trying to be more like the NFL,thought that this would be a good way of becoming more like that entity? :eek:

I found this on another board, just wanted to hold off a bit before i did say it was a joke, just to see what ppl would say. but it does seem the be the way nascar is going fining everyone and want not. But someone does have to much time on there hands.

Originally posted by Lap3Forever@Mar 17 2004, 09:00 PM
I found this on another board, just wanted to hold off a bit before i did say it was a joke, just to see what ppl would say. but it does seem the be the way nascar is going fining everyone and want not. But someone does have to much time on there hands.
OK,U got Me,let Me get a towel and swipe these dang eggs from My face :lol: :lol:
With Brian France at teh helm nowadays just about any absurdity is almost believable,so I don't feel too stooooooooopid :lol:
Good one,I was about to post it on another message board that has quite a few Harvick fans aboard,that would've been a hoot,glad U posted that it was a joke before that happened :D

Originally posted by 24thunder+Mar 17 2004, 07:06 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (24thunder @ Mar 17 2004, 07:06 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Lap3Forever@Mar 17 2004, 09:00 PM
OK,U got Me,let Me get a towel and swipe these dang eggs from My face :lol: :lol:
With Brian France at teh helm nowadays just about any absurdity is almost believable,so I don't feel too stooooooooopid :lol:
Good one,I was about to post it on another message board that has quite a few Harvick fans aboard,that would've been a hoot,glad U posted that it was a joke before that happened :D [/b][/quote]
darn, should have held off a little while longer.

i think you should it would be funny! :lol: :bounce:

ROTFL, 24Thunder. He got me too!!!!!
I bit, hook, line and stinker!!!!! LOL :p :lol: :D :lol:

Originally posted by Lap3Forever+Mar 17 2004, 09:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lap3Forever @ Mar 17 2004, 09:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -24thunder@Mar 17 2004, 07:06 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Lap3Forever
@Mar 17 2004, 09:00 PM

Good one,I was about to post it on another message board that has quite a few Harvick fans aboard,that would've been a hoot,glad U posted that it was a joke before that happened :D
darn, should have held off a little while longer.

i think you should it would be funny! :lol: :bounce: [/b][/quote]
Nah,I wouldn't do that now :D
It might happen for real soon anyhow,Who knows? :lol: :lol:

Originally posted by dragonlady424@Mar 17 2004, 09:15 PM
ROTFL, 24Thunder. He got me too!!!!!
I bit, hook, line and stinker!!!!! LOL :p :lol: :D :lol:
At least We own up to Our mistakes,eh? :D I wouldn't have given any creedence to the original post before Brian France took the reins,but seems that anything is possible in the world of NASCAR nowadays :eek:

Happy I am a big Harvick fan and I found that a little hard to belive. :lol:

What I think is so funny is that some were quick to believe the story in the first place!! :D

Originally posted by DE_Wrangler_2@Mar 17 2004, 08:29 PM
What I think is so funny is that some were quick to believe the story in the first place!! :D
That is what I was thinking. Institute a 10 second delay in both the TV and radio feed. Then you do not have to worry about it.

Easy to find it hard to believe after U've seen the post stating that the orginal topic was a hoax ;)

:XXROFL: x infinity

I havent laughed that hard in a while... well I havent laughed that hard while I was sober in a while... :lol: that article is pure comedic genious.

It was funny, but not too far fetched according to the direction of Nascar these days. What is needed, dare I say it, is a DRIVER'S UNION! Most other sports have it and it is needed here, in my opinion. These are multi-million dollar businesses governed by a "fly by night" operation. Driver's need more of a voice in the whole process if it is to continue forward in a positive manner. Throwing out fines on a whim and having a rule book written in pencil are not going to work for very long anymore. Unions have a bad rep most of the time and I agree that sometimes they go too far, but without one, things will go too far in the other direction and it won't be pretty. I would love to see the driver's show their solidarity one time by running an extra lap at pace speed once the green flag flew. Boogity boogity boogity, here they go...uh oh, it looks like EVERYONE missed a shift!...LOL

Comments welcomed.

Back
Top Bottom