Heat races at Indy

The Xfinity Series is on a cyclical low this year, with the Gibbs Toyotas having a clear competitive advantage over all other teams. But I'd advise to avoid over reactions, and avoid throwing the baby out with the bath water. In just about all prior years, the front of the Xfinity field has been a lot more competitive. IIRC, Gibbs has won the owners point title exactly one time, and that was 6 or 7 tears ago.

I also applaud Nascar for experimenting with raceday format. It hasn't worked. BFD. No company gets it right every time, but the real losers are the ones that never try anything different.

Also, about the comment someone made that no one watches these races... that is not correct. The live gate is disappointing other than weekend campers (who need and deserve support races) but the TV ratings for Xfinity exceed all other motorsports televised in America except Sprint Cup races, and trucks races are next in line after that.

IROC-style spec racers would be a terrible idea, as it would kill whatever vitality these series have. Taking out manufacturer interest and team interest would render the races as boring as Legends class racing,,, No Thanks!

I would rather watch Moto GP or World Superbike over Xfinity races, and sometimes over Sprint Cup.

Back
Top Bottom