Help Me: What Can NASCAR Do To Attract More Minority Fans and Minority Racers?

$6 dollars to watch the Dodgers in L.A.
hmmmmm
Is that all? Until this spring, there were no professional sports in Columbia, SC ("Famously Hot" tm), but the new single-A baseball team charges that for its cheapest seats. I have no idea if the Dodgers are any good, but that certainly sounds like a bargain. On the other hand, doesn't everyone in LA have a car? What forms of public transportation are there? I assume at least buses. Is a ride cheaper than parking? The cities I've lived in either didn't have mass transit or I didn't have reason to use it, so I don't have a clue what it costs to use it. (Ironic, considering the company I work for manufactures safety and control systems for light rail.)

The closest pro teams to here are the Carolina Panthers (NFL) and Charlotte Hornets (NBA), roughly 90 miles. Since I have no interest in basketball, I never checked their ticket prices. You can't get into the Panthers for less than $65 at the box office, assuming seats are available. Either way, you'll be out gas and $10 to $25 for parking. With my military discount, it costs me about the same to go to Darlington, but the parking is free and I can bring my own food and drink in. So I can go to that race for a lot less than an NFL game.

On the other hand, doesn't everyone in LA have a car? What forms of public transportation are there?
I dont live in LA anymore, but most people had a car in the valley. If they didn't they would ride a bus which is much cheaper than parking.
The closest pro teams to here are the Carolina Panthers (NFL) and Charlotte Hornets (NBA), roughly 90 miles. Since I have no interest in basketball, I never checked their ticket prices. You can't get into the Panthers for less than $65 at the box office, assuming seats are available. Either way, you'll be out gas and $10 to $25 for parking.
Hornets games are great. Cheap seats are usually around $10 but pricing is going up because the team is playing better. Never been to a panthers game but would definitely recommend seeing the hornets play if you are in Charlotte.

Comparing nascar to other sports is bogus.

It's like comparing the cost of an ugly hooker to that of a beautiful hooker.

Haha.

Nascar being the beautiful...no wait a minte, Nascar is the...nevermind.

Ugly hookers ? Do they hook ugly rugs ?
And no one wants to trip over an ugly hooker...er I mean an ugly rug.

I've got the answer for golf and nascar...

Swap the announcers.

Nascar announcers will cover golf while the whispering guys cover the races:

Darrel and Jeff yelling at the tops of their lungs, "THIS IS THE MOST EXCITING PUTT I HAVE EVER SEEN! AT THIS POINT IT IS ANYBODY'S GAME BUT CHASE IS SURE LOOKING GOOD OUT THERE TODAY. I DON'T KNOW WHO ELSE IS PLAYING BUT THAT YOUNGSTER, CHASE IS GOING TO WIN A GAME SOON!..."

While at the race, a hush falls over the crowd as the announcer whispers into the mic, "Kyle bush is approaching the lead of the this race with a determination I have not seen all week. Chase slides slightly to the left as Kyle passes him on the right. This is not the last we will see of chase, what a fine golfer he is...er...I mean racer."

And no one wants to trip over an ugly hooker...er I mean an ugly rug.

I've got the answer for golf and nascar...

Swap the announcers.

Nascar announcers will cover golf while the whispering guys cover the races:

Darrel and Jeff yelling at the tops of their lungs, "THIS IS THE MOST EXCITING PUTT I HAVE EVER SEEN! AT THIS POINT IT IS ANYBODY'S GAME BUT CHASE IS SURE LOOKING GOOD OUT THERE TODAY. I DON'T KNOW WHO ELSE IS PLAYING BUT THAT YOUNGSTER, CHASE IS GOING TO WIN A GAME SOON!..."

While at the race, a hush falls over the crowd as the announcer whispers into the mic, "Kyle bush is approaching the lead of the this race with a determination I have not seen all week. Chase slides slightly to the left as Kyle passes him on the right. This is not the last we will see of chase, what a fine golfer he is...er...I mean racer."
Or they could have people from Japan call NASCAR races and golfing..

Back
Top Bottom