Here we go again

WTF with your avi Kyle18? LOL. Crazy bastard! Love your **** man! Alright, you earned my TRD sweater back....and the yellow pumps. Damn it! :D

My new avatar is the result of a lost bet with another poster, I had no idea that Kyle was going to be hobbled all year in the NW series :(

When Penske dumped Sam because he had no sponsorship I was cool with it if it meant Blaney got the ride full time. Then I lost all respect for Rodger when he decided to run Joey and Brad in the 22.

When Penske dumped Sam because he had no sponsorship I was cool with it if it meant Blaney got the ride full time. Then I lost all respect for Rodger when he decided to run Joey and Brad in the 22.

So Sam didn't have any sponsorship and you think Blaney did?

So Sam didn't have any sponsorship and you think Blaney did?

No, Rodger said he only had enough for one car, Discount Tire. So I would have been okay dumping Sam if it meant Blaney got the 22 fulltime. There is no reason to run Joey and Brad. If all you are doing running a NWS program to make your Cup drivers happy then you should stop. At least other teams like JRM, Roush, Gibbs, and RCR actually full time NNS or development drivers.

No, Rodger said he only had enough for one car, Discount Tire. So I would have been okay dumping Sam if it meant Blaney got the 22 fulltime. There is no reason to run Joey and Brad. If all you are doing running a NWS program to make your Cup drivers happy then you should stop. At least other teams like JRM, Roush, Gibbs, and RCR actually full time NNS or development drivers.

ok so you are saying Blaney had a sponsor then? Sam didn't? Discount tire said run Blaney, or run Joey or Brad? I'm confused.

ok so you are saying Blaney had a sponsor then? Sam didn't? Discount tire said run Blaney, or run Joey or Brad? I'm confused.

No, I am saying that when Penske said he only had sponsorship to run one car that if he wasn't going to run Sam in it, then he should have put Blaney in it. When he choose not to so he could run his Cup guys I lost respect for him. Is it really that hard to understand??

No, I am saying that when Penske said he only had sponsorship to run one car that if he wasn't going to run Sam in it, then he should have put Blaney in it. When he choose not to so he could run his Cup guys I lost respect for him. Is it really that hard to understand??
Is it really that hard to get? What makes you think its completely up to Roger? Did you ever think maybe Discount Tire agreed to run full seasons with those drivers because they know they can win instead of putting all their chips on Blaney.... dont get me wrong I like Blaney and would like to see him run full time but its painfully obvious why hes not. Money.... he doesnt bring it in.

Is it really that hard to get? What makes you think its completely up to Roger? Did you ever think maybe Discount Tire agreed to run full seasons with those drivers because they know they can win instead of putting all their chips on Blaney.... dont get me wrong I like Blaney and would like to see him run full time but its painfully obvious why hes not. Money.... he doesnt bring it in.

There are a whole bunch on here that think that an owner can plug and play drivers according to who they like to see in the seat. Owners and sponsors have multi million dollar long term contracts spelling out everything including who drives the car. Most owners and sponsors who are shelling out the big bucks would like to have a proven winner and top five driver behind the wheel.

What is hard to understand is why you think it is that simple, snap your fingers and Blaney appears behind the wheel. You don't have a clue who Discount Tire wants in the car, neither do I, but I bet the million dollar(s) contract they are shelling out says Kez races here and Joey races there.

BTW, just dug this up, Kez is in the seat Saturday at Iowa, so Blaney who is a full time truck driver, can race at Pocono on Saturday.

What is hard to understand is why you think it is that simple, snap your fingers and Blaney appears behind the wheel. You don't have a clue who Discount Tire wants in the car, neither do I, but I bet the million dollar(s) contract they are shelling out says Kez races here and Joey races there.

Here is my point though. Why even have a NWS car if all you are going to do in put Cup drivers in it? Now I understand the teams that put Cup guys in one car while running a second or third for a full time NWS driver. If you are going to just have one car then why run with just Cup guys. Might as well just get out of the series.

BTW, just dug this up, Kez is in the seat Saturday at Iowa, so Blaney who is a full time truck driver, can race at Pocono on Saturday.

Here is a thought if Blaney was full time in the 22 it wouldn't be a problem. Also what about Montoya? It be cool to see him in a NWS car for a race this season.

Here is a thought if Blaney was full time in the 22 it wouldn't be a problem. Also what about Montoya? It be cool to see him in a NWS car for a race this season.
I'm not sure if the IndyCar race at Mid-Ohio on Sunday would be a conflict for Montoya. Otherwise, I'd like to see it.

There are a whole bunch on here that think that an owner can plug and play drivers according to who they like to see in the seat. Owners and sponsors have multi million dollar long term contracts spelling out everything including who drives the car. Most owners and sponsors who are shelling out the big bucks would like to have a proven winner and top five driver behind the wheel.
Right?! Lol Not sure why its so hard to figure out.

...and you ask any one of those ppl if their money was on the line who they would want in their car... well I wouldn't want Blaney I know that much.... but him on a limited schedule with two NNS sure things?.. for sure.

...and you ask any one of those ppl if their money was on the line who they would want in their car... well I wouldn't want Blaney I know that much.... but him on a limited schedule with two NNS sure things?.. for sure.
Why, does he suck or something? He's leading the Truck championship and has a 6.2 average finish in his non-restrictor plate Nationwide starts this year. It's a freaking feeder series, he's the one who should be racing.

Brad also has two Cup practices at Pocono on Saturday and the Cup garage doesn't close until 3 PM, which is a little later than when the Truck race will finish.

Why, does he suck or something? He's leading the Truck championship and has a 6.2 average finish in his non-restrictor plate Nationwide starts this year. It's a freaking feeder series, he's the one who should be racing.
I have absolutely nothing against Blaney ... You're problem is with the Discount Tire organization... Not me.

Here is my point though. Why even have a NWS car if all you are going to do in put Cup drivers in it? Now I understand the teams that put Cup guys in one car while running a second or third for a full time NWS driver. If you are going to just have one car then why run with just Cup guys. Might as well just get out of the series.

It's called making money. It should be apparent that Nationwide is both a development series for some and a money maker for others. You just said Hornish was let go because Penske couldn't put a sponsorship deal together so he could run. along comes Discount tire that says who knows what, something like I will go with you but not with hornish in the car...Who do you want. I want either Kez or Joey...how much you going to pay for your name on the car with those two? that is how it goes in the business world. this ain't fantasy land. Penske probably is footing most of the bill for Blaney to run in the trucks, hoping he will make a name for himself and draw sponsorship so he can move him up.

All of you headed out to Iowa Speedway this weekend. Keep in mind the 360 Nationals are going on in Knoxville at the same time. Just a quick trip south. Unbelievable entertainment, a few bucks cheaper (especially the beer).

Back
Top Bottom