How many states have you been to

# of states you've been to

• Total voters

kkfan91

Everyones an outlaw til its time to do outlaw s%&#
I love traveling I visited all 50 states by the time I was 21 when I landed in Hawaii.

So just curious how many states people here have been to, or if you haven't been to many.

Define visiting. Spent a few hours or spent at a minimum a night? Does driving through count?

I counted if I got out if the car
Going by that criteria, 11 or 12 and DC. LOL.

I've never been overseas. In college, I had a potential opportunity to study abroad in France (I used to speak somewhat decent French) but decided not to.

I loved car trips as a kid, but I don't really have much interest in traveling anymore.

It was easier to count the ones I hadn't been to. I also had several international trips. I mostly traveled when I was a technician working on photographic printing equipment. Most of my traveling was about 30 years ago - a different time for travel. I traveled by air a few years ago and decided I never want to go to an airport again.

It was easier to count the ones I hadn't been to. I also had several international trips. I mostly traveled when I was a technician working on photographic printing equipment. Most of my traveling was about 30 years ago - a different time for travel. I traveled by air a few years ago and decided I never want to go to an airport again.
I haven't been on a plane since I was a little kid, sometime well before 9/11, and I've only even been to the airport a handful of times since then, just to drop people off or pick them up. I have no desire to change that anytime soon.

To add foreign or US areas not states I have the US Virgin Islands, Bermuda, Bahamas, Canada, Mexico, St. Martin, Cayman Islands, and Nicaragua

I'm not really interested in seeing places. I would travel to hang out with people that I like but I have no desire to go somewhere just to see something.
That's basically where I'm at with it. It's just something to do with someone else IMO. Same with the movie theater and almost anything else involving going out anywhere, really.

15 to 17. When I think about it most of the places I'd like to visit are all over in Europe. I'd love to go there and see some of the old cathedrals, monasteries, and castles in person.

I'd love to be able to visit every country. I've love a job where I got paid to travel, but I know it will never happen haha.

I love traveling I visited all 50 states by the time I was 21 when I landed in Hawaii.

So just curious how many states people here have been to, or if you haven't been to many.

I have got a few more to cross off my list including Kansas, New Mexico, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire and Connecticut, Rhode Island and Alaska. Most of the 42 states I have visited have been on a motorcycle.

Does he do some kind of traveling show or blog or something? :lol2:
No, whenever he gets time off of work, he travels. Many have been cruises that have several ports of call. He flies to where the ships leave and then he flies back home. He says he likes it because his room follows him wherever he goes.

No, whenever he gets time off of work, he travels. Many have been cruises that have several ports of call. He flies to where the ships leave and then he flies back home. He says he likes it because his room follows him wherever he goes.
I can see that.

I'm a loner for the most part and think it would be kind of cool to be a trucker, driving all around the country by myself and listening to music all day. I think I could probably deal with the crazy sleep schedule and some of the other quirks that go along with it, but I doubt I could handle an 18-wheeler.

I haven't traveled much really. My biggest vacation was to London, Paris and Madrid when I was 18. Other than that, I've driven from Ohio to Washington State and back. Took me a couple of days to make that trip.

If I ever come into any money in the future, I'm taking my daughter to London.

For those that don't travel I think that you are really missing out. Experiencing new cultures and sights really is an amazing experience.
My wife and I have done two Mediterranean cruises which are by far our favourite experiences to date.
Being from the bottom of the world everyone has a passport and travels down here. It's a big world out there.

Let's see...

Been to three racetracks in Florida. One's technically in Alabama though @Johali.

Georgia, drove through to get to one track. Same with Alabama.

Been to three tracks in South Carolina.

Been to nine tracks in North Carolina.

Been to nine tracks in Virginia.

Been to four tracks in Maryland.

Never been to a track in Pennsylvania but drove through there on my way to a track in New Jersey.

Never been to a track in West Virginia or Ohio but drove through both states going to a track in Indiana.

Never been to tracks in New York, Massachusetts or Connecticut -- just driven through those states for vacation.

So, that puts the tally at 13.

Almost all racing related :D

Counting ones I've visited for a purpose and not just driving through or staying overnight in, I'm at (6) - New York, Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina, Ohio, California.

I'd like to get out and visit some more and eventually hit Canada, Australia, and some of Europe as well.

Let's see,

Connecticut, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Rhode Island.

I guess just 4.

But I've been outside the country many times. Italy 3 times, and the Caribbean a couple of times.

I've stayed over night for at least one night, usually more, in 19 states. Been through 5 others.

AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MO, NV, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WV

So 31 if I counted right.

AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DE, FL, GA, IL, IN, KY, MA, MD, MI, MS, MO, NV, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, PA, RI, SC, TN, TX, VA, WA, WV

So 31 if I counted right.

I made a very quick trip to your state on Friday and got to meet and chat with Gov Bill Haslam in Shelbyville. Seems like a heck of nice guy and I just about fainted when I found out he had a net worth of 2 billion.

I made a very quick trip to your state on Friday and got to meet and chat with Gov Bill Haslam in Shelbyville. Seems like a heck of nice guy and I just about fainted when I found out he had a net worth of 2 billion.
That's cool that you got to meet him, I think he's been a really good Gov for the most part.

The Haslams made most of their money from the Pilot Travel Centers. Bill's brother Jimmy owns the Cleveland Browns, so that family is rolling in money.

I remember when I was making my first trip to Washington State, we stopped in Wisconsin overnight. I had to sneak my cat in the hotel room. I put a blanket over her head to hide her, she was not a happy camper.

Just a little travel tidbit.

That's cool that you got to meet him, I think he's been a really good Gov for the most part.

The Haslams made most of their money from the Pilot Travel Centers. Bill's brother Jimmy owns the Cleveland Browns, so that family is rolling in money.

He seemed really down to earth and not pretentious at all. He didn't have a big security detail and was easily accessible to those in attendance. I never made the connection between Jimmy and Bill but maybe Jimmy should recruit Bill for help with the Browns lol

I remember I was making my first trip to Washington State a business trip to Philly. I had to sneak my cat wife in the hotel room. I snuck her in after I checked in and she too wasn't a happy camper.

Just a little travel tidbit.

Yup.

For me, 42 states and about 25 foreign countries. Never been to Italy, so that needs to get fixed. My least favorite... trying to conduct business in inscrutable Japan.

My BIL made several trips to Japan on business. According to him they'll smile and nod in complete agreement. Then as you leave thinking everything is fine they stick a knife in your back.

My BIL made several trips to Japan on business. According to him they'll smile and nod in complete agreement. Then as you leave thinking everything is fine they stick a knife in your back.
At first, I wondered why I couldn't get my jacket off. Then I realized....

For me, 42 states and about 25 foreign countries. Never been to Italy, so that needs to get fixed. My least favorite... trying to conduct business in inscrutable Japan.

I have lost track of all the countries I have visited but I have been to Italy and it was well worth it. Two of the countries I have visited that I really enjoyed were Samoa and Tonga.

There are some states I still need to visit like Kansas and I should have crossed over from Missouri last year but didn't have the time. I saw plenty of Kansas from across the river though. It is doubtful I will ever see North Dakota as other than crossing it off my list there is no compelling reason for me to visit. Of course they are always looking for drivers to drive RV's to Alaska so maybe I will do that one day and travel through ND to Alaska and cross off 2 states I have not visited.

Back
Top Bottom