HMS needs to make some moves.

PS- Has Hendrick lost his motivation? Why is he putting up with this ****? Why aren't heads rolling?

Do you even see Rick at the track other than when it's a big PR deal?
I think Rick is tired and complacent.

Remember when Hendrick let Kyle Busch leave to sign Dale Jr. Then chose mark martins swam song over Brad K? Yeah that might have something to do with the pickle they're in

Jesus that lineup would have been world-beating.

They should of done anything possible to keep BK. JRM lost some really talented drivers to TRD, including William Byron who's a future star. I don't know where they go from here, they have Custer who could be good. Blaney and Larson are names that have come up, I am not sure Hendrick wants Blaney and Chase as two young drivers, they would more likely seek out a veteran, hence just keep Kahne. Jeb Burton drove for Jr before and is a really talented driver that doesn't have a full time. I would like to see Jeb in Xfinity for a year then replace Kahne/Jr in 2018

Custer is a SHR development driver. He will be in a Ford next year.

Bill was spotting for Chase on the back straight Sunday, when the late race wave around put the 5 and 24 back on the lead lap, Rodden told Kasey to pit first lap under green putting him back down a lap, Gustufson told Chase to run as long as possible. Bill comes on the radio and says some people lost their minds at this stage of the race. That's what Kasey deals with every week, Rodden is terrible!!!!

Bill was spotting for Chase on the back straight Sunday, when the late race wave around put the 5 and 24 back on the lead lap, Rodden told Kasey to pit first lap under green putting him back down a lap, Gustufson told Chase to run as long as possible. Bill comes on the radio and says some people lost their minds at this stage of the race. That's what Kasey deals with every week, Rodden is terrible!!!!

I have been saying this for a while. Rodden never met a pit stop he didn't like. Fire him. Now.

HMS is doing something. They have Jimmie begging NASCAR for some help for Chevy. Never thought I'd see the day.

HMS is doing something. They have Jimmie begging NASCAR for some help for Chevy. Never thought I'd see the day.

If JJ can get Nascar to throw Chevy a bone it would be unfair but totally in keeping with what Nascar has done for decades.

If JJ can get Nascar to throw Chevy a bone it would be unfair but totally in keeping with what Nascar has done for decades.

...and honestly, man, I have missed it. As a manufacturer-centric fan, I love what Jimmie is doing. Love it. Give it to them right now, and let's get it on in the Chase. All for it. JJ could have easily spewed the "Toyota is cheating" crap, but instead chose to take care of his own house. Very impressed. Dude is class, and if it is possible for a non-Toyota driver to be such is one of my favorites.

...and honestly, man, I have missed it. As a manufacturer-centric fan, I love what Jimmie is doing. Love it. Give it to them right now, and let's get it on in the Chase. All for it. JJ could have easily spewed the "Toyota is cheating" crap, but instead chose to take care of his own house. Very impressed. Dude is class, and if it is possible for a non-Toyota driver to be such is one of my favorites.
Where is this being reported?

Sounds like all he is asking for is for Chevy to homologate a new body at some point, as Ford (multiple times) and Toyota have already done in the Gen 6 era.

I guess development can only go so far.

The SS in its current body has been around for three years now... The change to the Malibu is coming in '17, so I guess Chevy powered teams will just have to stay strong until then.

BREAKING: Hendrick engineering department has made some strong car developments coming into Pocono:

CMT183.jpg

Remember when Hendrick let Kyle Busch leave to sign Dale Jr. Then chose mark martins swam song over Brad K? Yeah that might have something to do with the pickle they're in
Replacing Kyle with Dale Jr was probably a good move for merchandising $, but performance wise it was a terrible move. In the 8-1/2 years since Jr came to HMS and Kyle went to JGR, Kyle has 34 Cup wins to Junior's 9, and Kyle has a championship while Junior hasn't finished better than 5th in points.

Replacing Kyle with Dale Jr was probably a good move for merchandising $, but performance wise it was a terrible move. In the 8-1/2 years since Jr came to HMS and Kyle went to JGR, Kyle has 34 Cup wins to Junior's 9, and Kyle has a championship while Junior hasn't finished better than 5th in points.
Part of me believes RH was aware of this possibility and content with it.

Hindsight is a real b****

I can't remember that far back, but was there a reason given for that move?

I'm imagining it was the difficulty of working with Kyle early in his career. I don't think his personality meshed well with HMS. They let Kyle go and kept Casey Mears, so it must have been something. He's been a much better fit with Gibbs.

Initially, there was "no room at the inn." Suddenly, a huge influx of cash appeared, the inn was torn down and rebuilt on a much grander scale.

The 48 team really liked their new rooms and rewarded Hendrick's acumen with 4 Cups, 3 of them in a row.

Back
Top Bottom