Homestead Ford EcoBoost 400

• Thread starter TheBusStopatTheGlen
  • Start date
T

TheBusStopatTheGlen

Hi all, new to this forum.

I have a question. I am taking my wife to this race as a surprise birthday gift. I already bought tickets in as well as pit pass tickets. I was wondering, Is there a way to get into victory lane? Or is that only for people involved with the team and the race?

Anything I should know specifically for this track? Have been to Watkins Glen multiple times (Part of the "Bus Stop" crew in the inner loop), and have been to Daytona 500 twice. Thanks for your time

haha thanks for the reply. Hopefully someone knows another way to victory lane besides winning the race. Something more for fan entry lol

Actually forgot to ask a question,

This is for anyone that has ever used a pit pass. I know the drivers usually aren't out on the pits with the fans usually but I was wondering if there was chance to meet any of them? Again its a birthday gift to my wife so I was hoping there would be a way she could meet Dale Jr (and we are Redskins fans and so is he so that would be cool). But if someone were buying pit passes solely for the opportunity of meeting their favorite driver, would a pit pass be a waste of money? Any other way to maybe meet and get a picture with Dale if pit pass is not the way?

Actually forgot to ask a question,

This is for anyone that has ever used a pit pass. I know the drivers usually aren't out on the pits with the fans usually but I was wondering if there was chance to meet any of them? Again its a birthday gift to my wife so I was hoping there would be a way she could meet Dale Jr (and we are Redskins fans and so is he so that would be cool). But if someone were buying pit passes solely for the opportunity of meeting their favorite driver, would a pit pass be a waste of money? Any other way to maybe meet and get a picture with Dale if pit pass is not the way?

walk around the garage wearing a "I hate Keselowski" hat. That should get you more than a few driver friends.;)

Yea hes not popular. But when I was little, the first toy car I ever got was a Black and Yellow Miller #2 car. So I became a Rusty Wallace fan. When he retired I wasn't sure who to like. Tried Kyle Busch or any JGR drivers (again Redskin fan so I am screwed in football and racing) But I was always drawn back to the #2 car. Once Keselowski raced with that broken ankle, I decided I would stick to the #2 car.

I hope he wins the championship especially since I will be there. Still has to make it though. Im sure Jr winning it all would be great for my wife on her birthday but I think going there should be enough lol

And here I am seeing how NASCAR tracks do things vs. how short tracks do things and again seeing why the sport is in rapid decline.

I've only been to Homestead once but I thought it was a great facility. Very clean, interesting food vendors rather than typical boring stadium concessions, good fans. The atmosphere was better than at Daytona and the seating is an upgrade.

I've only been to Homestead once but I thought it was a great facility. Very clean, interesting food vendors rather than typical boring stadium concessions, good fans. The atmosphere was better than at Daytona and the seating is an upgrade.
Thanks for the reply. Have read some reviews that's its a nice facility. My seating might not be an upgrade over what I have had at Daytona. Will be at the start finish line 3 rows back so wont be able to see the other side of the track but that's ok. Will definitely be an upgrade if the race is a "photo finish"

Welcome to the Forum , BusStop ! Please remember us shut ins when you get home and post some race pics here . Looking forward to hearing about your race experience .Have a great time .

Bw5XHDeIcAAYJHh.jpeg

The best way to for a civilian to see the post race celebrations up close, and to give a shout out to all his Racing Forums friends at the same time.

Attachments

• Bw5XHDeIcAAYJHh.jpeg
    Bw5XHDeIcAAYJHh.jpeg
    86.1 KB · Views: 95
I think that's Brad Keselowski, he's trying to hide from Matt Kenseth..

View attachment 14937

The best way to for a civilian to see the post race celebrations up close, and to give a shout out to all his Racing Forums friends at the same time.

That fence is way to high to climb. I prefer the 4 foot fence at Watkins Glen. But it feels like ur in Mexico. You jump the fence in the middle of the night to get to the other side for more parties and as soon as you get over the fence, there is a pickup truck that turns his brights on and starts chasing you. Everyone scatters.

Not like it used to be when people were actually allowed to jump the fence and walk the track at night.

@TheBusStopatTheGlen I've been to Watkins Glen many times over the years including the race there August 11, 1991 when JD McDuffy lost his life at the end of the backstretch. That was when they decided to create the Bus Stop to try to slow them down well before the end of the backstretch.

@TheBusStopatTheGlen I've been to Watkins Glen many times over the years including the race there August 11, 1991 when JD McDuffy lost his life at the end of the backstretch. That was when they decided to create the Bus Stop to try to slow them down well before the end of the backstretch.

I was too young for when that happened. Accidents can still be rough there. I remember going after the race 1 year collecting pieces of cars that crashed there. I think that spot is the best spot to watch the race from. We get a satellite on top of the bus deck to watch the whole race when they aren't in our area. We also get spotters from a lot of the teams up on our deck. Have even had some of the drivers stop by for dinner every now and then. Really cool experience.

Back
Top Bottom