How about that Ryan Newman

Hey, he patted his top 5s to a total stunningly, blazing record breaking 5. LOL

I'm happy for pudge though.

True fan who stuck with him through the mockery that he was made of. (Newman, not pudge)

LOL, @ you thinking I'm going to take that silly bait.

You cant even throw Newman a bone after his performance today ?? Its quite obvious that Newman made it further in the game than the 24 ............ facts of life there bud

Just wondering. Where did the 18 finish today? Oh yeah, 39th. That was a good run for him. :XXROFL:

Gosh thats terrible.......................... do tell me what happened to him, I never watch Nascar races :rolleyes:

Gordon had the better year, Newman raced the way this chase works. Newman and crew took full advantage of the rules and came so close to the championship

I was almost cheering for Newman but then I realized if he did he would have won the race and that would take all the heat away from him and Brian would justify this **** show of a format.

So I'm glad Harvick won it overall but had a guy with barely any top 5s to cover what AJ did all year and still finished second in points.

Gordon had the better year, Newman raced the way this chase works. Newman and crew took full advantage of the rules and came so close to the championship

How did Gordon have a better year ?? the final 4 had a better year or did I miss something ?

I was almost cheering for Newman but then I realized if he did he would have won the race and that would take all the heat away from him and Brian would justify this sh!t show of a format.

So I'm glad Harvick won it overall but had a guy with barely any top 5s to cover what AJ did all year and still finished second in points.
If it wasn't Kevin I wanted it to be Newman just to see the storm from it haha. But only if Newman didn't win the race. This Chase format could work well with a few tweeks, but if they even think about change it be worst.

Gordon vs Newman 2014 performance fight?

Lol Im out. Thats not even a competition.

Newman did 2 things: show that this format is an absolute joke & show he is a huge hypocrite.

But it is what it is.............................. Newman got second place in the championship

How did Gordon have a better year ?? the final 4 had a better year or did I miss something ?
I meant from race 1 to race 36. Looking at every finish every race Gordon had the best overall year. Chase wise yeah Newman did better, does he deserve a congrats for that? Yeah but to say he did better all year than Gordon is really not true.

If it wasn't Kevin I wanted it to be Newman just to see the storm from it haha. But only if Newman didn't win the race. This Chase format could work well with a few tweeks, but if they even think about change it be worst.

Yeah, agreed.

I would have loved for Newman to win it, but not the race itself.

Well, no bricks harmed my TV...:):):)

if Happy or Ryan couldn't win I was pulling for Hambone. ABL, anyone but logano

I meant from race 1 to race 36. Looking at every finish every race Gordon had the best overall year. Chase wise yeah Newman did better, does he deserve a congrats for that? Yeah but to say he did better all year than Gordon is really not true.

I dont get it then, 4 guys went to Homestead as title contenders and Gordon wasnt one of em. I missed the early season championship I guess

I dont get it then, 4 guys went to Homestead as title contenders and Gordon wasnt one of em. I missed the early season championship I guess
I'm not even saying anything about a regular season champ, I'm just saying Gordon had a better season, better finishes, more wins, more top 5's and 10's than Newman. Newman played smart so he deserve his 2nd place finish.

I really wanted to see Ryan win it all , but over all, he had a good year , I guess

I'm not even saying anything about a regular season champ, I'm just saying Gordon had a better season, better finishes, more wins, more top 5's and 10's than Newman. Newman played smart so he deserve his 2nd place finish.

Chase format must be messed up or something, we should start a thread about that

Chase format must be messed up or something, we should start a thread about that
Not even saying that either. I ain't hating the chase, do I wish we didn't have one? Sure. Not sure how saying someone had a better overall season is hating or saying that the chase is messed up.

I don't know that Newman had a great season but he sure had a very good race.

Not even saying that either. I ain't hating the chase, do I wish we didn't have one? Sure. Not sure how saying someone had a better overall season is hating or saying that the chase is messed up.

I said it must be messed up

Newman is second at the pay window. hell of a year for Childress, he took up the slack when Kevein left and there wasn't one of us around here, me included that gave him a chance. I guess we need to go find Pudge and scrape him off the ceiling.

I am happy for Newman. A long time underrated driver without the compensating name, look, or butt kissing abilities. All very likable points imo.
The dude is just a solid driver, no glamour or polish, just a lot of grit and determination. He is probably not a future first ballot HoF entry, but without question worthy of entering in due time.

I am happy for RCR too. They are a good pair, not the fastest but always solid and ready to pounce on an opportunity.
He ran a good race and almost won it all. A great achievement that deserves the respect imo. I don't like the Chase anymore than anyone else, but they did a great job and nobody can take that away from them.

Gordon still outperformed Newman IN the chase.

Gordon: 5 top 5s (all 2nd places, and a win) 6 top 10s 531 laps led.

Newman: 3 Top 5s , 6 Top 10s 17 laps led.
--

In terms of head to head performance, Gordon beat him quite comfortably.

So no, Newman didn't do better than him.

Even with the 2 incidents Gordon had (Loudon and Texas) Newman finished 18th and 15th respectively.

Fact of the matter is, Neman got into the chase via Brad being a ****tard. It sure as hell wasn't because he was faster than Gordon on the track.

Back
Top Bottom