How do you Balance Nice looking grass and Driver safety for tracks.

Interesting. I don't remember anyone getting into the grass at Dover, not like what we've seen at Daytona, Charlotte, and some other places.

Leave the grass! I NEVER want to see one of these drivers get as much as a hangnail, but please quit taking character from this sport! Good Lord. Double up the safer barrier on the inside wall or something. It might be too late but just stop with the character drain.:mad:

Leave the grass! I NEVER want to see one of these drivers get as much as a hangnail, but please quit taking character from this sport! Good Lord. Double up the safer barrier on the inside wall or something. It might be too late but just stop with the character drain.:mad:

This. We have not seen a driver hurt at Dover in the last 15 years (the only reference I can find for a Dover injury on Google was Joe Nemechek back when it was Dover Downs). Ridiculous. You can't say this has nothing to do with the racing...grass penalizes the drivers for leaving the track far more than a runoff area.

Interesting. I don't remember anyone getting into the grass at Dover, not like what we've seen at Daytona, Charlotte, and some other places.
Mayfield got stuck in the mud when they had the big one in turn 3 back in 2004 that's all I can remember

If you get rid of the splitter then you have to bring fender flare back, and then the cars get ugly and distorted looking again. It's a double edged sword.

^ That would be the least of your worries. Aero balance would be lost. All current date used for aero / chassis simulations and shaker rig runs would be worthless.

I could go on. For these and other financial / liabilities, the shaker isn't going anywhere.

^ That would be the least of your worries. Aero balance would be lost. All current date used for aero / chassis simulations and shaker rig runs would be worthless.

I could go on. For these and other financial / liabilities, the shaker isn't going anywhere.

Well yeah, but just like the switch to COT, and then the gen 6, and now the low downforce package, NASCAR wouldn't give two *****. The cost of the sport has gotten so out of hand it's insane, but NASCAR does nothing to help the problem

We might be seeing the limit of downforce reduction this week at Dover.

The cahs are loosey.

Well yeah, but just like the switch to COT, and then the gen 6, and now the low downforce package, NASCAR wouldn't give two *****. The cost of the sport has gotten so out of hand it's insane, but NASCAR does nothing to help the problem
I think that issue is at the forefront of discussion in every professional racing series in the world.

Racing has always consumed money as its fuel.

Grass the gateway speedway feAture
2016-05-15-19-55-51-240466970.jpg

But it looks so nice at Gateway

Not to dig up an old thread, but I thought I noticed that cars that went flying thru the grass at Charlotte during the all-star race didn't have their front ends blown up! Maybe it is still a little early to tell, but I thought I remember them making modifications to the grass at charlotte recently.

Not to dig up an old thread, but I thought I noticed that cars that went flying thru the grass at Charlotte during the all-star race didn't have their front ends blown up! Maybe it is still a little early to tell, but I thought I remember them making modifications to the grass at charlotte recently.

Maybe after the Carl Edwards all star post race incident.

Back
Top Bottom