How long will Dale Jr continue

Here we go! It never fails, one DA to screw up a good thread. And nobody cares how much money you have!!!:rolleyes:

The fool almost became a crispy critter in a Porshe a few years ago.

Porshe? I didn't know he drove a Porshe. I do remember him getting burned in a 'Vette however.

He is living in the shadow of a racing icon. I think no matter what he does it won't be good enough for some.

The first couple of years following Sr's death DEI was a powerhouse, then for whatever reason they lost their edge. I think in the past couple of years he drove for DEI the equipment was lacking. I think the dispute between him and Teresa goes far deeper than what we've been told.

I don't know if having his sister as his manger is a good idea. IMHO keeping both the Eury's on, especially Tony Jr as CC is bad idea.

I admit he's making his share of mistakes too, especially on pit road. That happens at times when you try too hard.

Will he win 7 championships like his dad did? I doubt it but he will win a couple in the years to come.

I don't think the problem is Dale Jr. or Tony Jr., but I do think a majority of the problem is the Dale Jr. + Tony Jr. combo. I have listened to their communication on the headset many times and it seems there's always a lot of arguing and disagreeing going on. It's simply not a winning combination.

Hmmmm, 18 wins and not titles. How many titles has Mark Martin won? How many races did Alan Kulwicki win? Me thinks your opinion of Junior goes a little, no a lot deeper than what you throw at us.

Now here's what I think of Junior and I'm a fan. First off, I was never a fan of his father, so I'm not a carry over. I like the kid because he is so much different than his father. He is a humble kid and will admit to his own mistakes and doesn't whine like so many other divas on the circuit. Yep, when his car isn't right he'll complain, but though I haven't listened to all the other drivers, I'll bet what you would be that all the others do the same. I don't know if Junior will ever win a championship in the Cup series, but there's been a gazillion others who have tried and failed. Should I give you those stats? Is Junior a prodigy of his father's? No, but then again, was Kyle Petty a prodigy of his father's. While Junior carries the name of one of the all time greats in NASCAR, that doesn't mean that everyone will come running to him to be a fan. If that is true, why then doesn't Kerry have a huge following? Junior is unique in that his father took him under his wing and now many of those who didn't like the Senior are taking the Junior to task.

Will you eat your own words? Maybe, and then again maybe not. What is great is that you can voice/type your opinion of one of only a few drivers that have a chance at winning that coveted trophy at the end of the season. I wonder what people might write about you if you were fortunate enough to joint that crowd. Could you take the pressure?

Add on: Junior has won 18 races in his career. He has no driving titles. Kurt Bush has won 19 races and a driving title in the same time. Matt Kennseth has won 18 races and 1 title. Kyle Busch has won 14 races in just a couple of years. Carl Edwards has won 16 races in less than half the time that Junior has been around. Obviously Junior could not wipe Gordon's or Johnson's tail, so there is no point in comparing him to those two. Stewart has also won many more races. There are 7 drivers much metter than Junior, and that is just off the top of my head. I'm sure you can throw in Mark Martin and others into the mix also.

WOW! That's a convincing argument ya got there big daddy, 7 drivers. So whaddya gonna do with the ones that are worse then him?

I don't think the problem is Dale Jr. or Tony Jr., but I do think a majority of the problem is the Dale Jr. + Tony Jr. combo.

Exactly. In any other sport in the world if a team is doing poorly, who is the first to go? The coach, because you can't fire your star player, too much money invested and the star player is who the fans want to see, not the coach. The way I see it is a crew chief is a couch, more or less, he makes the calls and if the team, or driver in this situation, doesn't respond to the coach anymore then you have to get rid of him.

Prove that my stats are wrong. Prove that this loser has done anything in Nascar in the past 4 years. He is a failure. What has he done lately? Are you telling me that he has the ability to win a Championship? I would love to take your money on that. He has ZERO chance to win a championship. NONE. Again, prove me wrong. If there is anyone in here that thinks that Junior can win a championship either this year or next, tell me how much money you are willing to put up. I have plenty, so don't be shy.
Ok, I will name 35 of the current drivers ranked in the points. How much money are YOU willing to put up that one of them will win the Championship either this year or next, and I will let you pick from the 35 I list. And I have plenty to put up that says you aren't willing to bet on one of them. Don't be shy.

I don't know if having his sister as his manger is a good idea.

manger=a box or trough in a stable or barn from which horses or cattle eat.

Dude that's an incestuous accusation!! But, then he's not married. He's seldom seen with a woman. Who am I say from what box he eats from... ;)

Prove that my stats are wrong. Prove that this loser has done anything in Nascar in the past 4 years. He is a failure. What has he done lately? Are you telling me that he has the ability to win a Championship? I would love to take your money on that. He has ZERO chance to win a championship. NONE. Again, prove me wrong. If there is anyone in here that thinks that Junior can win a championship either this year or next, tell me how much money you are willing to put up. I have plenty, so don't be shy.

I'll take your money any day! You obviously have it out for the guy for some reason....I'd be willing to venture a guess that if we posted a for fun thread on here you would have quite a few takers that would bet against you. I was never a fan of Sr, I respected the guy for the great racer he was, but my guy was Bill Elliot during that era. I like Jr he calls it likes he sees it, admits his screw ups, and is one of the best plate racers to come along in the last 20 years. For you to say he has no brain power pretty much tells everyone here exactly how much you have.:rolleyes:

Well, Tony Stewart took the crew chief that Dale needs and that is Darian Grubb.

Hendrick Motorsports have more people like Darian brought up in the Hendrick system. I just don't think Tony Jr makes good decisions.

Hendrick to swap #5 and #88 crew chiefs? Sources within Hendrick Motorsports confirmed to Captain Thunder that discussions were held over the Easter break regarding the possible switching of crew chiefs between the #5 and #88 teams. Mark Martin's crew chief Alan Gustafson was said to be on the block and was willing to move to the #88 team and Martin was willing to support the move. The discussions over Easter ended with an agreement between the two teams and Mr. Hendrick to keep their current teams in tact for at least three more weeks to see if both teams could improve on the slow start they have endured through the first part of the 2009 Sprint Cup season. Sources said Tony Eury Jr., Dale Earnhardt Jr., Martin, and Gustafson all agreed that if Mr. Hendrick wanted a change, they would be willing to swap Gustafson for Eury Jr. However, with Martin's win Saturday night in the Subway Fresh Fit 500 at Phoenix, any switch is now out of the question for the foreseeable future. Hendrick and Martin have no desire to take Gustafson away from the #5 team after the way they dominated the Phoenix race. Now, the timetable is set for the All-Star race at Charlotte on May 16th. If both teams continue to perform poorly, expect a change the week of the All-Star race. However, if Martin's team continues to gain momentum following their Phoenix win, and the #88 team continues to struggle, sources said Eury Jr. could be replaced by car chiefs Ron Malec of the #48 team or Jason Burdett of the #24 team.(CaptainThunderRacing.com and reported on the Bubba the Love Sponge radio show by Capt Thunder)(4-22-2009)

I'd like to see Eury out of there for a few races just to see if he is the problem.. or if the problem lies elsewhere..
Betsy:rolleyes:

Hendrick to swap #5 and #88 crew chiefs? Sources within Hendrick Motorsports confirmed to Captain Thunder that discussions were held over the Easter break regarding the possible switching of crew chiefs between the #5 and #88 teams. Mark Martin's crew chief Alan Gustafson was said to be on the block and was willing to move to the #88 team and Martin was willing to support the move. The discussions over Easter ended with an agreement between the two teams and Mr. Hendrick to keep their current teams in tact for at least three more weeks to see if both teams could improve on the slow start they have endured through the first part of the 2009 Sprint Cup season. Sources said Tony Eury Jr., Dale Earnhardt Jr., Martin, and Gustafson all agreed that if Mr. Hendrick wanted a change, they would be willing to swap Gustafson for Eury Jr. However, with Martin's win Saturday night in the Subway Fresh Fit 500 at Phoenix, any switch is now out of the question for the foreseeable future. Hendrick and Martin have no desire to take Gustafson away from the #5 team after the way they dominated the Phoenix race. Now, the timetable is set for the All-Star race at Charlotte on May 16th. If both teams continue to perform poorly, expect a change the week of the All-Star race. However, if Martin's team continues to gain momentum following their Phoenix win, and the #88 team continues to struggle, sources said Eury Jr. could be replaced by car chiefs Ron Malec of the #48 team or Jason Burdett of the #24 team.(CaptainThunderRacing.com and reported on the Bubba the Love Sponge radio show by Capt Thunder)(4-22-2009)

UPDATE: Will rumors of a Hendrick Motorsports separation of Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Tony Eury Jr. ever end? Ever? Ever? Never, as long as there are upstart, cottage-industry Web-sites churning this stuff out, and others linking to it. "There's absolutely nothing to this," came an e-mail reply from high-up inside Hendrick, when the latest one was checked. The latest report appears on Jayski.com, picked up from CaptainThunderRacing.com, that meetings were held over the Easter break at Hendrick. Supposedly there was discussion of swapping crew chiefs, with Eury going to Mark Martin, and Alan Gustafson going to Earnhardt, if the two teams' performances didn't improve within three races. Here's how screwy this stuff can get. Right in the middle of the CaptainThunder report, there's a line, "However, with Martin's win Saturday night in the Subway Fresh Fit 500 at Phoenix, any switch is now out of the question for the foreseeable future." Then the report goes right on to say that new deadlines have been set for a possible switch: "If both teams continue to perform poorly, expect a change the week of the All-Star race." The wackiness warranted a double-check high-up at Hendrick, which brought the firm reply, "Not a shred of truth to any of it."(ESPN Insider)(4-22-2009)

UPDATE: Will rumors of a Hendrick Motorsports separation of Dale Earnhardt Jr. and Tony Eury Jr. ever end? Ever? Ever? Never, as long as there are upstart, cottage-industry Web-sites churning this stuff out, and others linking to it. "There's absolutely nothing to this," came an e-mail reply from high-up inside Hendrick, when the latest one was checked. The latest report appears on Jayski.com, picked up from CaptainThunderRacing.com, that meetings were held over the Easter break at Hendrick. Supposedly there was discussion of swapping crew chiefs, with Eury going to Mark Martin, and Alan Gustafson going to Earnhardt, if the two teams' performances didn't improve within three races. Here's how screwy this stuff can get. Right in the middle of the CaptainThunder report, there's a line, "However, with Martin's win Saturday night in the Subway Fresh Fit 500 at Phoenix, any switch is now out of the question for the foreseeable future." Then the report goes right on to say that new deadlines have been set for a possible switch: "If both teams continue to perform poorly, expect a change the week of the All-Star race." The wackiness warranted a double-check high-up at Hendrick, which brought the firm reply, "Not a shred of truth to any of it."(ESPN Insider)(4-22-2009)

:eek:

WHAT? If it is on the internet it has to be true.... :sarcasm:

Sorry everyone! Big dopey has me a little edgy. I will try to play nice from here on. I know I am a newb and should behave but sometimes the voices take over. :beerbang:

:eek:

WHAT? If it is on the internet it has to be true.... :sarcasm:

Sorry everyone! Big dopey has me a little edgy. I will try to play nice from here on. I know I am a newb and should behave but sometimes the voices take over. :beerbang:

budcat.gif
;):D

What hasn't been said is this: Junyar is the Kyle Petty of this generation.
As Speedwayphoto suggested, Junyar is not hungry enough. He has waaaaay too many "yesman" out there and too much job security. At least Kyle didn't have the job security like that and had to fight for his rides (except when he overstayed his welcome at Sabates.)

Dale Jr will continue, pretty much, as long as he wants to.

His popularity is not contingent on him winning races.

He inherited many of his fans, but a great deal of his fans like him because of his personality, looks, sponsor affiliations, etc.

Actually, Jr is a pretty good driver. This shall pass and Jr will be competitive again.

Here's what people need to realize, Dale Jr won 15 of his 18 wins PRIOR to 2005. What is the significance of this? Eury Sr. was promoted to Team Manager at DEI following the 2004 season. Through 2004, he still had his finger in the 8 car. Without Eury Sr., Dale Jr. is another Kyle Petty.

He will not win a championship, and would not surprise me if he ever wins more that 1 race a year, if that.

Here's what people need to realize, Dale Jr won 15 of his 18 wins PRIOR to 2005. What is the significance of this? Eury Sr. was promoted to Team Manager at DEI following the 2004 season. Through 2004, he still had his finger in the 8 car. Without Eury Sr., Dale Jr. is another Kyle Petty.

He will not win a championship, and would not surprise me if he ever wins more that 1 race a year, if that.

I agree with that statement. Dale is not with the program. How many times can you miss your pit stall? Have you ever seen Junior get pushed around like he did yesterday in the final lap? Newman just shoved him out of the way and 3 other cars passed him. Dale is not concentrating on driving. I don't know if he has too many outside interests, if he is happy playing 4th fiddle with Hendricks, or what, but he is not half the driver he was in 2004.

I agree with that statement. Dale is not with the program. How many times can you miss your pit stall? Have you ever seen Junior get pushed around like he did yesterday in the final lap? Newman just shoved him out of the way and 3 other cars passed him. Dale is not concentrating on driving. I don't know if he has too many outside interests, if he is happy playing 4th fiddle with Hendricks, or what, but he is not half the driver he was in 2004.

Hmm ok dude so how come he did pretty good yesterday? Your misguided statements, clear hatred of Jr., and constant negative statements , are getting old. Face it ....you will eat your words even more just like you ate them this time. Jr is one if not the best place racer driving right now, he is also a damn good driver over all, to contantly flame him shows what little you actually know about Nascar racing in general. You remind me of the Jr haters I would see at Phoenix or Vegas, their minds so fogged by dislike that they can not really see the big picture.

Hmm ok dude so how come he did pretty good yesterday? Your misguided statements, clear hatred of Jr., and constant negative statements , are getting old. Face it ....you will eat your words even more just like you ate them this time. Jr is one if not the best place racer driving right now, he is also a damn good driver over all, to contantly flame him shows what little you actually know about Nascar racing in general. You remind me of the Jr haters I would see at Phoenix or Vegas, their minds so fogged by dislike that they can not really see the big picture.

Junior could not even win a plate race with the rest of Hendricks team out of it. That is pathetic. A plate race. He let some kid who was 46th in the point standings before the race beat him. This was by far, Junior's best opportunity to win. The good Hendrick drivers were out. It was a plate race, something Junior loves. He kept out of trouble, and even found his pits. Please tell me when he will have a better opportunity to win a race this year. Only people like yourself, who are totally blind, eat their words. I'm sure that I will have great pleasure in serving you with your words. If you finished second, you LOST. Only losers like yourself consider that good. You are a know nothing, and continue to prove it. I have your number, and will ring it untilJunior wins a race. It is going to be a very long year for you and Junior.

I actually half to agree with at least part of this. Personally, I think it looks like Jr's heart just isn't in it. I mean, he's got the tv shows, the endorsement deals, he's most popular, and on and on. He's even said himself that he doesn't practice. I just think his head isn't in the game.

Junior could not even win a plate race with the rest of Hendricks team out of it. That is pathetic. A plate race. He let some kid who was 46th in the point standings before the race beat him. This was by far, Junior's best opportunity to win.

Now wait just one doggone minute their my friend. I'll have you know that Brad Kes-a-whosis has 4 starts in Cup. 2 last year and 2 this year. Don't believe me, look it up. And, he drives for the power team owned by James Finch. Don't believe me, look it up. How on earth could you expect Lil'E to out duel such a driver as this. Lil'E was clearly in over his head when confronted with such over whelming talent. Clearly he didn't have the best equipment when compared to Finch's. Or, the best pit crew and crew chief. I think you need to do a little more reading myself...

Nobody really looks at what Junior has gone through in the last 7 years. First the loss of his father. Second, his step mother screwing up the team his father started. Then the whole media overhyped move to Hendrick. Give a another year if you are truly a fan, he will be just fine.

Junior could not even win a plate race with the rest of Hendricks team out of it. That is pathetic. A plate race. He let some kid who was 46th in the point standings before the race beat him. This was by far, Junior's best opportunity to win. The good Hendrick drivers were out. It was a plate race, something Junior loves. He kept out of trouble, and even found his pits. Please tell me when he will have a better opportunity to win a race this year. Only people like yourself, who are totally blind, eat their words. I'm sure that I will have great pleasure in serving you with your words. If you finished second, you LOST. Only losers like yourself consider that good. You are a know nothing, and continue to prove it. I have your number, and will ring it untilJunior wins a race. It is going to be a very long year for you and Junior.
To be fair, that Phoenix Racing #09 that Keselowski won with was essentially a 5th Hendrick car. IIRC, they run the old Dodge setup that set Penske South back years for every other driver.

In case you haven't noticed Jr is not my favorite driver, you are a piece of work, it will be fun to watch you sink on this forum....lol.

Now wait just one doggone minute their my friend. I'll have you know that Brad Kes-a-whosis has 4 starts in Cup. 2 last year and 2 this year. Don't believe me, look it up. And, he drives for the power team owned by James Finch. Don't believe me, look it up. How on earth could you expect Lil'E to out duel such a driver as this. Lil'E was clearly in over his head when confronted with such over whelming talent. Clearly he didn't have the best equipment when compared to Finch's. Or, the best pit crew and crew chief. I think you need to do a little more reading myself...

Actually Finch had a Hendrick chasis and leased engine in the 09.

Actually Finch had a Hendrick chasis and leased engine in the 09.

See right there Rick sold out Jeff, Jimmie, Mark and Lil'E. He sent the bestest chassis and engine to Finch for Brad Kes-a-whosis to drive. If I were those 4 I'd be really PO'd that my boss cost me the race.

See right there Rick sold out Jeff, Jimmie, Mark and Lil'E. He sent the bestest chassis and engine to Finch for Brad Kes-a-whosis to drive. If I were those 4 I'd be really PO'd that my boss cost me the race.

Is this a serious post? 3 of the 4 taken out in wrecks and the other comes in second. How did Hendrick cost anyone the race?

LOL:D

Poor BP - It seems some don't "get" :sarcasm: LOL I'm just happy you keep me laughing. heh heh :D

Back
Top Bottom