How much is too much?

R

RobbyG Fan

Do you guys think that a driver who is running in two (or more) series helps the driver more or hurts him more?

Advantages:
- Track/seat time.
- Added experience.
- "If the sponsor is there why not race" mentality.
- "If the money is there why not race" mentality.
- More exposure.

Disadvantages:
- Spreading yourself too thin.
- Lack of time.
- Focus could be a question.

Overall, what do you guys think?

Lappy, you a Robby fan, what you think also? Robby is running the Cup series full time, Busch series (out of his own shop) full time, the Score Off-Road series (out of his own shop) full time, and the Indy 500 (also out of his own shop). I wonder if all this is starting to affect his Cup effort.

I think it entriely depends on the individual and the exact details.

I think it helped Kevin Harvick emensley in his rookie Cup year and I think he suffered from the scale back his sophmore year. Now running partial Busch schedule might just be the right mix for him.

One key factor might be the degree of involvement that the driver has to have with the non-cup teams.

I don't think there is one pat answer on this.

I think the Nextel guys should concetrate on their own series The cars are different not much but they are and you do hear some say it doesn't help because of that reason, They may be lying. I do think it could wear the drivers out more on the hot humid days.

If they are in the Nextel Cup Series I thought they should have enough seat time befor they get in there. They are suppose to be the best.......Bodine....Ruttmann.....Green
passifier.gif

It sure seemed to help Stewart when Gibbs convinced him to concentrate on Winston Cup only - he won the championship.

I think the Busch series needs the Cup stars to keep fans - at least I believe that's the feeling in Nascar.

Personally, I think Childress needs to sat his drivers down and have a serious discussion with them about what it takes to wins races and possibly a championship. I'm not a big fan of his methods but I do believe he has the skill and equipment within that organization to be succesful.

Originally posted by Patrick9999@Apr 19 2004, 03:28 PM
It sure seemed to help Stewart when Gibbs convinced him to concentrate on Winston Cup only - he won the championship.

I think the Busch series needs the Cup stars to keep fans - at least I believe that's the feeling in Nascar.

Personally, I think Childress needs to sat his drivers down and have a serious discussion with them about what it takes to wins races and possibly a championship. I'm not a big fan of his methods but I do believe he has the skill and equipment within that organization to be succesful.
You have some good points there.

Originally posted by RobbyG Fan@Apr 19 2004, 02:29 PM
Lappy, you a Robby fan, what you think also? Robby is running the Cup series full time, Busch series (out of his own shop) full time, the Score Off-Road series (out of his own shop) full time, and the Indy 500 (also out of his own shop). I wonder if all this is starting to affect his Cup effort.
I belive the Indy 500 is just one race, so he can run it.....a few off road races here and there is fine to. But as much as i hate tosay it Robbys not the best cup driver, he has tallent but just needs to learn to drive the car better. (back off the gas a little quicker in the turns) he is doin good in the bush so far, and i would like to see him go to the chamaship in bush....maybe if he runs well in bush it will help him in cup.

also theres not enfuf r/c track in nascar anymore.. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom