how much skill is needed to win a rp race?

How much driver skill is needed to win a rp race?

• Alot (dale jr is just that good)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some (to drive 400 or 500 miles without wrecking)

• little (keep the car inside the lines)

• Its the car (put anyone out there in that car to win)

• Total voters
S

smack500

How much driver skill is needed to win a Restrictor Plate race?

Ignore this poll, its rude and I apologize for it.

I was just anoyed after coming home from an event and watching a taped replay of the dale-mikey 250.

:dual9mm: I didn't see the race... From what I have read it was a real boring one... I am no expert by any means... But there has got to be something to improve the racing... Yes I am a fan of DEI but I am a fan of racing first... To me it doesn't matter what kind of car they drive... I like to see a good race... My answer is drive what you bring all of this comman template is BS to me... If they are that worry about the BIG ONE then knock off some of the Spoiler and get rid of those silly plates... Put it back in the hands of the drivers... Not to who has the most money to send a car to the wind tunnel...This is JMO!!!

Heres where I feel this poll is just plain stupid. For one, drivers have back off the throttle almost every time to prevent crashing each other. Drivers are stuck in the middle of 3 wide packs all day and they have to keep steering and playing with the throttle right or their car will end up somewhere unpleasant. They're obviously going at speeds they never see at most tracks, now if that isnt skill, I dont know what is.

I think a better question for your poll might have been:

Has restrictor plate racing evolved past the point where it can actually be called "racing"?

It's not the drivers fault that NASCAR has made the rules this way, they just have to survive these things and it's considered a victory. No drivers(other than DEI) seem to even want to come to plate tracks anymore.

NASCAR has removed any individuality from the cars and they are so aero sensitive that no driver can pass, even if they have a great car. It's all about getting up front early and then protecting your position at all costs.

I have heard alot of drivers over the years say that anyone can drive these tracks. but what I saw Dale Earnhardt do in the 2000 fall race at talladega was pure skill. From 18th to win in 5 or 6 laps was impressive. Every other driver out there was just shaking their heads.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Dale Jr. has even said that restrictor plate racing is about 30% driver & 70% car & that the other races are the opposite. But to win a race at any track usually involves a great car, a great driver & team, a lot of luck & being in the right place at the right time.

Originally posted by racer8@Jul 5 2003, 10:57 AM
I have heard alot of drivers over the years say that anyone can drive these tracks. but what I saw Dale Earnhardt do in the 2000 fall race at talladega was pure skill. From 18th to win in 5 or 6 laps was impressive. Every other driver out there was just shaking their heads.
:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
That was the first time I was ever impressed with Dale Sr. as a driver, showed his talent & he didn't have to lay the 'chrome horn' on anyone to pass them.

Back
Top Bottom