I Was Just Wonderin’...

E

Eagle1

By Carol Einarsson

March 20, 2004

I wonder who will make more money for Speedway Children's Charities when rides are auctioned off, Terry or Bobby.

I wonder if Kasey Kahne is at all impressed with himself, having three top-five finishes so far this year, and rising from 41st in the points to fourth. He just seems so calm about it all, doesn’t he?

I heard about the drunk at Atlanta that stabbed a guy in the infield campgrounds. Don't you wonder why that doesn't happen more often with that many drunk race fans sleeping in the same place, often flying flags of driver allegiance that boils the blood of an opposing driver's fan? (If you read that twice, I think it makes sense.)

I wonder why anyone would name a race car, something you hope will be the fastest moving vehicle in any given weekend, after a 99 year old sailor like Popeye's dad, Poopdeck Pappy.

With two big releases in the news lately, I wonder what percentage of those that viewed the new NASCAR IMAX movie also saw The Passion of Christ. And vice versa.

I wonder if anyone keeps track of how many rule changes NASCAR makes in any given year. And I wonder what year has had the most. I wish Bill Weber would look that up so we didn’t have to.

Anyone else find it quite interesting that NASCAR disallowed the use of the word "Redneck" in the name of a sponsoring website on the 50 car? I wonder if they've also banned Jeff Foxworthy from any sanctioned race track. Before too much longer, they'll be checking for Southern drawls at the front gates.

Anyone else concerned with the use of the word "dramatic" when we hear reports about rumored changes in next year's schedule?

I wonder what seems odd about this list of drivers that NASCAR tested this past week on the dyno: Junior, Biffle, Kenseth, Tony, Kasey, JJ, Ryan, and DJ?

So there's a new overpass being built at the race track formerly known as Sears Point at the same time that another overpass was taken down. As only PR spin can do, the new bridge's arrival is hailed as being helpful for pedestrians, but the old bridge's removal will increase the “sight lines” of the road course.

I wonder why NASCAR would give teams an extra set of tires this weekend at Darlington unless they were expecting cars to hit the new steel walls.

I wonder how long before Bill Elliott is lured full-time to what seems to be his eventual broadcasting career.

I wonder why we've heard so little about the nasty truck wreck that put three drivers in the hospital. If last week's race had been on NBC, don't you bet Bill Weber would have updated us on the conditions of each driver during the pre-race show?

And speaking of poor coverage, how many folks were shocked to find out that during the race last Sunday, Brendan Gaughan's car was on fire in the ****pit for six laps? Maybe NASCAR wouldn't allow mention of it. After all, Brendan credited Bill Simpson with making him feel safe in his suit.

The original racing Junior, Junior Johnson, has a new website, and it's even hosted by a company in Wlkesboro. Anyone else just like hearing those two names together? Maybe I'm nuts, but I just keep hoping for Junior to be able to do SOMEthing with that track. Maybe that's the "dramatic" in the changes for next year! (Yeah, I know... but hush and just let me dream, will ya?)

• And one more thing I was just wonderin'....

I wonder why NASCAR is only now looking at the problem of a speeding car rushing to catch up to the pack during a caution. Sure, a worker was killed, but why wasn't it looked at after Steve Park's wreck? And since they already have a guy at the end of pit road with a stop sign in his hand, I wonder why this is even a dilemma.

You can contact Carol at.. Insider Racing News

Anyone else find it quite interesting that NASCAR disallowed the use of the word "Redneck" in the name of a sponsoring website on the 50 car? I wonder if they've also banned Jeff Foxworthy from any sanctioned race track. Before too much longer, they'll be checking for Southern drawls at the front gates.

Uh oh. I'm in trouble. :lol:

Originally posted by Eagle1@Mar 21 2004, 12:48 PM

Anyone else notice that for the two weeks the name was on the car (or proposed to be on it anyway), not one syllable about the sponsor was said; as soon as it is disallowed, the TV announcers mentioned it and told what kind of site it is? Take that NASCAR.

Yes EMP,. I think it pretty funny. They've gotten FAR more advertising from being disallowed than if actually on the car. Hits on their web site are way up too. Bet they're saying "Punish me some more". LOL :lol:

Originally posted by EatMorePossum+Mar 22 2004, 07:24 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (EatMorePossum @ Mar 22 2004, 07:24 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Eagle1@Mar 21 2004, 12:48 PM

Anyone else notice that for the two weeks the name was on the car (or proposed to be on it anyway), not one syllable about the sponsor was said; as soon as it is disallowed, the TV announcers mentioned it and told what kind of site it is? Take that NASCAR. [/b][/quote]
That had me laughing so hard the tears ran.

I'm sure the Redneck site is laughing all the way to the bank. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom