I won't be with you in the race thread this weekend...

J

JEB

....Because I'll be in the stands watching at Darlington this Saturday. This is my first trip to Darlington (my favorite track BTW), does anyone who has been there have any advice or pointers for the place? Every track has its own quirks. Ive never seen 24 win in person, so hopefully it's Saturday. He's definitely due this year.

Thanks!

Oh yeah, forgot to ask...do they let you stay at the parking lot overnight, cuz I'm gonna be drunk and I ain't driving anywhere.

Oh yeah, forgot to ask...do they let you stay at the parking lot overnight, cuz I'm gonna be drunk and I ain't driving anywhere.

Just don't fall sleep in a port-o-lav or you'll wake up in a strange place.

The Southern 500 is one of three races on my bucket list, along with the Bristol night race (I've been to the day race) and either of the Martinsville races.

Darlington is one of my favorite tracks. Have a great time and stay out of trouble. ;)

Reactions: JEB
Wish I could give ya some advice. I went in 09 and stayed with some friends in an RV about a .5mile walk to the track. There were some woods behind us and a few people got lost in the woods walking back from the track....sooo my advice is dont get lost in the woods:confused:

You'll have a great time though! Tied for first for best race I've been to!

I'll never forget the following phrase coming through on the scanner;

"Waltrip is on fire" bwhaha
Darlington+Speedway_18.JPG

....Because I'll be in the stands watching at Darlington this Saturday. This is my first trip to Darlington (my favorite track BTW), does anyone who has been there have any advice or pointers for the place? Every track has its own quirks. Ive never seen 24 win in person, so hopefully it's Saturday. He's definitely due this year.

Thanks!

I've been there for 1 weekend. My advice is (if you don't already have tickets...) sit high up inbetween turns 3 and 4. I sat on the front straightaway for the Nationwide race, the view sucked, I couldn't see the front straight away, just terrible. For the Cup race i moved to turn 3/4 (my seat wasnt there but i was able to find some empty seats) and the view was perfect. One of my favorite cup tracks! I'm sure you'll have a good time.

There's a museum on the back stretch. Either people don't know about it, or sleep on it, because it's rarely crowded. It's not very big at all...you can get a really good experience in only an hour. I forget what the ticket price is, but I recommend you take the time. It's also got a decent gift shop.

There's a museum on the back stretch. Either people don't know about it, or sleep on it, because it's rarely crowded. It's not very big at all...you can get a really good experience in only an hour. I forget what the ticket price is, but I recommend you take the time. It's also got a decent gift shop.

Reminds me of something I read on craigslist.......

I definitely plan to sandwich the museum between tailgating and the race.

Sweet! Have a good time! On a side note, my dad says our tickets came in the mail yesterday for Dega. We are sitting in the Tri Oval towers. Most people said to sit as close to turn 4 as possible. The tri oval ain't too close to turn four, so hopefully we'll still be fine. The 3D view online seems to be decent. I've also never seen Gordon or McMurray win in person. Hopefully he does so for you.

Best one word pick up line for women around those parts is:

"git-R-Done".

I have only been to 3 Darlington races. I went to the one that Lake Speed won in an Oldsmobile.

I was sitting in the covered stands on the museum side, it was the front stretch then.

I suppose the newer bleachers are better on the present turn 4, but I really loved the veiw in those covered stands.

That was the biggest end of the egg shaped oval, and you could really watch them attack. They are really hauling there it is faster than the smaller end. If somebody is set up well, you can watch them eat the competition on that end.

Back
Top Bottom