I'm going to the Truck race

H

Happy29

See y'all later. Going to see the Trucks race under the lights here at LVMS. Hopefully I'll bring back some photos, gonna watch that 6 of Randy Lajoie!

Well dang, that had to have been one of the worst races I have ever attended. Glad I got to see Brendan Get Gone, and west coaster Scott Lynch brought the Yerf-Dog/Orleans 61 home in decent fashion one lap off the pace, but other than that the highlight was getting to meet Shawna Robinson, Ted Musgrave, and youngins Carl Edwards, and Jon Woods among others.

Mile and a half D shaped ovals are a joke. Might have been good tv but in person it was little more than a rolling billboard parade although there were a few good races going on deep in the field at various times.

No wonder I don't bother buying tickets to our local speedway.

Well, Thank God my mom works as an RN at St. Rose Hospital over here, she got the tickets for free!

Hell, that race sucked so much that I wanted LVMS to give me money I never spent :lol: ! I got to see Brendan's dominating performance as he did burnouts and got on his truck and stuff like that, I was actually rooting for Jack Sprague towards the end of the race to give him hell until he finished 5th. But then for the most part, the most interesting part of the race was this old idiot guy who sat a few rows down from me, who kept standing up and pointing at Brendan Gaughan's truck everytime it passed by.

Something needs to be done at LVMS, Kenseth won the Cup race by like 9 or 10 seconds back in March, now Gaughan wins by like 1 or 2 seconds over I forget who the hell finished second. Maybe they need to repave the track, add some banking or something.

The traffic wasnt any better either, usually after the Cup race I would just take the freeway and take some interesting routes to avoid traffic but then I had to take Nellis and the whole thing didnt work one bit because I was stuck in traffic for like I dont know, can inching along describe it?

I'll have pics up later on in the week.

Originally posted by Happy29@Sep 28 2003, 10:17 AM
But then for the most part, the most interesting part of the race was this old idiot guy who sat a few rows down from me, who kept standing up and pointing at Brendan Gaughan's truck everytime it passed by.

lol...hahaha, that would have been so funny to see. :lol:

My first race (WC) there was a guy fishing for sterlin marlin to win...of course he was drunk and had me fishing for jeff gordon by the end of the race, oh and jeff won :p

To add to that, I didnt get home until like 4 in the morning. So I had one hell of a fun day so far !

Originally posted by Happy29@Sep 28 2003, 10:25 AM
To add to that, I didnt get home until like 4 in the morning. So I had one hell of a fun day so far !
lol...joy. The morning after is always the best.
Did you get pic's of the old guy :lol:

Nah, it wouldve just wasted film to take a picture of that guy, I think I may have gotten one. But I got some pics of the start of the race (the only part of the race where everyone was bunched up), Brendan Gaughan's Truck, Carl Edwards blowing the engine, Brendan Gaughan's Burnout, Me, a few other pictures.

Back to the old guy, he had a light blue t-shirt on and he had a #28 Havoline/Marines cap on.

Originally posted by Happy29@Sep 28 2003, 10:30 AM
Nah, it wouldve just wasted film to take a picture of that guy, I think I may have gotten one. But I got some pics of the start of the race (the only part of the race where everyone was bunched up), Brendan Gaughan's Truck, Carl Edwards blowing the engine, Brendan Gaughan's Burnout, Me, a few other pictures.

Back to the old guy, he had a light blue t-shirt on and he had a #28 Havoline/Marines cap on.
dosnt sounds like much of a race :mellow:

the old guy :p

It wasnt really much of a race. Brendan just put on a show for the home crowd, he led almost every lap were it not for the cycle of pit stops he wouldve led every one of em. When Brendan was introduced and when he took the lead, battled for the lead or stretched it and then when he won and did the burnout almost everyone in there was rooting for him especially the old guy. Well, I had a lot of time to sit down, everyone else sat down because it wasnt that much of a race it was more of a show!

Well, again Thank God thems tickets for me at least were free for such a horrible race.

hey happy....

did you see any trucks go out to get the (ahem) debris?

I sure didn't.

If everyone can see it, I took this shot of them pushing Brendan's truck to driver intros at the start finish line befoe the race.

Attachments

• 5464005_R1_019_8.jpg
    5464005_R1_019_8.jpg
    222.2 KB · Views: 7
Thanks TRL.

My photo taking abilties usually let's say it in a nice way, arent up to par really. But I got off some good shots.

Here's another one !

Attachments

• 5464005_R1_019_9.jpg
    5464005_R1_019_9.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 8
For me, I think that wouldve been a better shot if those two guy's heads werent in the way ! :lol:

defonetly wasn't my head :D

I was over at the start/finish line.

Back
Top Bottom