Indy Road Course In The Chase?

SlicedBread22

#TeamJL
Pretty sure this is just an editorial of sorts.. but an interesting idea nonetheless.

http://www.motorsport.com/nascar-cu...ckyard-400-a-road-course-in-the-chase-806788/

Want to improve the racing at the Brickyard 400 and keep the tradition of visiting the iconic motorsports venue on the Sprint Cup Series schedule? Want to make the race relevant again and perhaps give fans more of an incentive to attend in person, rather than watch on TV? Want to give fans the road course in the Chase they have been craving?

Here’s the fix: Run the Brickyard on the Grand Prix of Indy road course and move it on the schedule to September and make it the first race of the championship Chase.

Other than moving the date to the Chase, it's nothing people here haven't been saying for years.

I favor the idea, but I don't know why Chicago would accept Indy's current date. It's just as unpleasant in Joliet in late July as it is in Indy. I don't see them willingly trading their only weekend for a non-Chase event.

The only thing I would like to see change about racing in Indy would be to move everything to Clermont and IRP. The racing would be great and the stands may even look full. What's not to like?

I am all for replacing the oval with the road course when it comes to the Brickyard.

I am gonna pass on this idea, continuing to race at Indy that is

The only thing I would like to see change about racing in Indy would be to move everything to Clermont and IRP. The racing would be great and the stands may even look full. What's not to like?
I don't think the Cup race will ever move from IMS to IRP but getting Xfinity the **** outta there should definitely be a priority. It's literally the most hated event in any of the three national series, by a large margin.

Give it a shot with the Trucks. That series seems to be Brian's current lab for his experiments.

From what I have heard about the skill level in the truck series every lap would have at least one local caution at minimum. Those guys can't seem to manage a tri-oval let alone something more complicated.......maybe bring back Skinner, Hornaday, Musgrave and Cue Ball.

I don't think the Cup race will ever move from IMS to IRP but getting Xfinity the **** outta there should definitely be a priority. It's literally the most hated event in any of the three national series, by a large margin.

I agree that there is no way Nascar will move the cup race from the Brickyard even when attendance dips below 30K which may happen sooner than later. Ther other series should be at IRP for sure.

From what I have heard about the skill level in the truck series every lap would have at least one local caution at minimum. Those guys can't seem to manage a tri-oval let alone something more complicated.......maybe bring back Skinner, Hornaday, Musgrave and Cue Ball.
I recall in the early days the Trucks ran as many as three road courses in a season. That was before the series was seen as a developmental one, more like a step up from the Modifieds as a home for talented drivers with no Cup ambitions.

But that doesn't mean R/C talent isn't there. They can't be that much worse than X drivers (who also run more R/Cs than Cup). They already run Ron Fellow's little playground. Sign a three-year deal and see what happens. Beats that experiment sending Cup cars to Japan.

I agree that there is no way Nascar will move the cup race from the Brickyard even when attendance dips below 30K which may happen sooner than later. Ther other series should be at IRP for sure.
I'm not sure if IRP wants or can afford to have them back. The expenses involved with putting on a single touring weekend are why Myrtle Beach stopped asking for a Busch date. The costs of installing SAFER and other requirements were key in Rockingham's final death.

Back
Top Bottom