Interesting….using the old points system.

I think “champion” has far less meaning than it used to.
I couldn’t even tell you what track they’re going to next.

I don't understand this take. The old points system wasn't a divine creation and it followed wacky point system that rewarded points based on the purse (and one tat even had decimals). If today's points system is meaningless then you might want to revisit some of Richard Petty's championships.

You're a negative Nancy who complains about everything NASCAR related. Your lack of interest in the next track reflects more on your own personal interest than anything NASCAR related.

This point system wasn't meant to compete with the old one, thats not why they changed it. It creates drama and excitement for the fans to watch those who make the playoffs try to advance to the next round. The problem here is when one of your Favorite drivers gets eliminated, you try to shift blame.

This point system wasn't meant to compete with the old one, thats not why they changed it. It creates drama and excitement for the fans to watch those who make the playoffs try to advance to the next round. The problem here is when one of your Favorite drivers gets eliminated, you try to shift blame.
Nah. I didn’t like the playoff system when my driver won.

Nah. I didn’t like the playoff system when my driver won.
I tell ya,its great not having a dog in the fight regardless what point system they use.Makes it much more enjoyable. You can take the points and shelve it for all I care,I don't get a check anymore. I like good racing points be damned.

I tell ya,its great not having a dog in the fight regardless what point system they use.Makes it much more enjoyable. You can take the points and shelve it for all I care,I don't get a check anymore. I like good racing points be damned.
I just don’t like the manufactured excitement. Now it’s just the booth gerbils hyping the gimmick all season long.

Just feels like the racing was real back then.
All I can tell you is, forget the points, that's just a distraction.The racing would not change, at all. Every team, every driver, will go balls out to win IF they are racers and I can tell you probably 15 teams minimum go to the track thinking they can win every week.

In hindsight, I think "The Chase" was the best version of a NASCAR postseason.

Playoffs aren't going away. In fact, they're expanding in the short track ranks. We did one to determine our championships at your new favorite track. I got called "Mother ******" over the playoffs so many times that I almost went to the DMV to have my legal name changed to Mother ******.

But, if you're the best driver and you've won 6, 7, 8+ races, you should be able to come out on Championship Sunday, or Saturday in my case, and win.

That said, the finale should either return to Homestead or rotate each year. The finale moving from Homestead completely took all the excitement out of it for me. Phoenix is a horrible bore, and the only reason I used to like that track was because I'm a Kevin Harvick fan. 🤭

In hindsight, I think "The Chase" was the best version of a NASCAR postseason.

Playoffs aren't going away. In fact, they're expanding in the short track ranks. We did one to determine our championships at your new favorite track. I got called "Mother ******" over the playoffs so many times that I almost went to the DMV to have my legal name changed to Mother ******.

But, if you're the best driver and you've won 6, 7, 8+ races, you should be able to come out on Championship Sunday, or Saturday in my case, and win.

That said, the finale should either return to Homestead or rotate each year. The finale moving from Homestead completely took all the excitement out of it for me. Phoenix is a horrible bore, and the only reason I used to like that track was because I'm a Kevin Harvick fan. 🤭
I love homestead, I believe NASCAR should move the Championship around.4 years at Phoenix is to long

I don't understand this. The remaining races will be run, drivers will be trying to win them, someone's going to hoist a trophy. Championship, schmampionship; racing is racing.
Here's something else you may not understand. Back in the day (80's mainly) when the champ was
declared with a couple races to go, it was common for some teams to test their new parts
and pieces they developed during the year in the final remaing races to get a jump on
Daytona. So they were moving on looking ahead as well.

Here's something else you may not understand. Back in the day (80's mainly) when the champ was
declared with a couple races to go, it was common for some teams to test their new parts
and pieces they developed during the year in the final remaing races to get a jump on
Daytona. So they were moving on looking ahead as well.
Back in the 80's we still had a open test policy so new stuff could be tried in the off season at the tracks they were specifically designed for, but to your point you will see most teams that aren't in the playoffs use the last 10 races as a test
One of the things I liked most about Homestead was that it was the only race of the season there.
I tell ya, I could do 2 races at Homestead, especially when I was still on the road. Lot of fun down there

Back
Top Bottom