iRacing leads to a ride with JR. Motorsports

dpkimmel2001

Team Owner
JR Motorsports Short Tracker Josh Berry Set for NNS Debut at Iowa

The upcoming Nationwide Series standalone event at Iowa Speedway on Saturday night is just one of 33 races for Chase Elliott, Regan Smith and the weekly competitors of NASCAR’s second tier tour but it’s the opportunity of a lifetime for JR Motorsports development driver Josh Berry.

The 23-year-old short track driver from Central Tennessee has driven Late Model Stocks for JR Motorsports since 2010 but has been tabbed to make his NNS debut on Saturday in the No. 5 entry typically driven by Kevin Harvick.

Berry has an interesting background to say the least.

He first met Earnhardt in an online racing simulator in 2007 while racing Legend Cars back home in Tennessee. The two quickly established a fast friendship that continued into iRacing over the next three seasons.

Read the rest here.

Very cool. I recently got into iRacing. It's cool that pro drivers race on there. I don't think Jr even race online anymore.

Curious to see how he does.

I wish I could afford internet and a nice computer to try out iRacing lol, seems really cool.

Congrats to him, hope he does well!

I'm glad he has driven other stuff though haha I thought Iracing to Nationwide be a tough transition.

I wish I could afford internet and a nice computer to try out iRacing lol, seems really cool.

Congrats to him, hope he does well!

I'm currently using iRacing on a laptop hooked up to my flat screen tv. You don't need a super computer for iRacing. The graphics may not be the best but it works smoothly. However you will need a good wheel and pedal set. I spent $400 on my rig and its very basic but it works great.

I'm currently using iRacing on a laptop hooked up to my flat screen tv. You don't need a super computer for iRacing. The graphics may not be the best but it works smoothly. However you will need a good wheel and pedal set. I spent $400 on my rig and its very basic but it works great.
Would be something to look into. Idk how much internet would be, but I know I'd need more than just teethering internet from my phone lol.

Would be something to look into. Idk how much internet would be, but I know I'd need more than just teethering internet from my phone lol.

I think Charter High speed in this area is like $35 to $40 per month give or take.

Go to www.iracing.com and check it out. I just started recently so I suck pretty bad but I'm racing Late Models and Legends on the ovals and Cadillac CTS-V R and Mazda MX-5 on the road courses. Eventually I want to race Gen 6 and Indycar.

Seems to me that Junior did this once before with another I racing buddy.

hope young berry has a great race !

who says avg guys don't get a shot at big time racin !

digital stuff like iracing.com is gonna be entry portal for new young fans as tech gets better..
......more affordable.....etc.
ain't gotta own tha hot rod......just tha wheel -n- gas pedal !

would be on my wish list if i was 50-60 yrs younger ! ha!

Last edited:
Definitely wasn't Truex. Don't think iracing was even around back then.

hope young berry has a great race !

who says avg guys don't get a shot at big time racin !

digital stuff like iracing.com is gonna be entry portal for new young fans as tech gets better..
......more affordable.....etc.
ain't gotta own tha hot rod......just tha wheel -n- gas pedal !

would be on my wish list if i was 50-60 yrs younger ! ha!

I have zero racing experience with cars. I've raced motocross though. I feel like iRacing prepares you mentally for real racing. When I'm racing online, I get an adrenaline rush, I'm nervous because there are consequences and your actions have a direct effect to your reputation on there.

Obviously with iRacing you don't get a physical feel for the car or the g forces, but it's as realistic as it gets besides driving a real car. Tracks are accurate, with a force feedback whell you can feel all the bumps in the road. It's wild.

good stuff push rod !

just atlanta weather itself .....was prolly tuff on kid from finland !

Back
Top Bottom