IROC race this evening.

D

DE_Wrangler_2

I'm not a particularly big fan of the IROC races, but, heck, it's a race!! Friday is a pretty lousy night for TV here in the Cutie/DE house so I'm watching. Besides, every IROC I've ever seen has been taped....this is live!! :D

SPEED Channel, 9:00 tonight (4/2/04) ET................6:00 PT. :D

Id like to see Jimmie Johnson win this one. And maybe all five cup drivers will finish 1-5, just like the last race.

Man, I was impressed with Helio Castroneves on trackside...that guy is a riot! I almost hope he kicks a little stock car racing butt in the IROC race. :cheers: His bit on not being able to understand Sterling Marlin was hilarious. :lol:

Originally posted by 97forever@Apr 2 2004, 06:58 PM
Man, I was impressed with Helio Castroneves on trackside...that guy is a riot! I almost hope he kicks a little stock car racing butt in the IROC race. :cheers: His bit on not being able to understand Sterling Marlin was hilarious. :lol:
I agree, he was a riot. I hope he does well tonight. I'll be perched infront of my set watching. It's a good tune up for the Busch and Cup races this weekend.

i thought that if a driver pitted under caution in iroc races that they automaticaly go a lap down. but, this did not happen when busch and newman pitted under caution. it looks like it wont matter for busch, as it looks like he will restart in 11th and probably finish there. but newman is moving up spots.

IROC Standings after 2 races

1. Harvick 33
2. Newman 33
3. Lasosk 32
4. Johnson 32
5. Busch 24
6. Kenseth 17
7. Kinser 17
8. Castroneves 17
9. Kvapil 17
10. Sharp 15
11. Dixon 13
12. Yeley 9

Originally posted by MCanyon@Apr 2 2004, 06:38 PM
i thought that if a driver pitted under caution in iroc races that they automaticaly go a lap down. but, this did not happen when busch and newman pitted under caution. it looks like it wont matter for busch, as it looks like he will restart in 11th and probably finish there. but newman is moving up spots.
They can pit without the lap down penalty if they have damage.

i was real impressed with kvapil taking 5th away from kinser, in what was a pretty uneventful race.

Originally posted by MCanyon@Apr 3 2004, 03:22 AM
i was real impressed with kvapil taking 5th away from kinser, in what was a pretty uneventful race.
It's bad when the race for 5th place is the best part of the race. :(

Originally posted by DE_Wrangler_2@Apr 2 2004, 10:27 PM
That's IROC for ya........but it was a race!! :D
Thats Texas for you, follow the leader, no passing, boring cookie cutter. :angry:

Oh, the cookie cutter thing again!! :D Wanna bet next race at Richmond winds up about the same? I say it's IROC.........track don't make much difference. Glad the NASCAR guys didn't run away with it.........but, it's all pretty much the same. No one can pass, and everyone want's the same line. It's the set ups on the cars.............every setup is the same, hp is the same, aero is the same. It's supposed to be about the drivers..........but then stock car drivers have an edge. The cars are more or less stock cars. :D

Texas is not your "typical" cookie cutter..............it is rivaling Atlanta for the fastest track on the circuit. Guess that don't matter.....it's a 1 1/2 miler and therefore it is a cookie cutter and, of course, cookie cutters offer no competitive racing. We all know that!! :(

Originally posted by DE_Wrangler_2@Apr 2 2004, 10:40 PM
Texas is not your "typical" cookie cutter..............it is rivaling Atlanta for the fastest track on the circuit. Guess that don't matter.....it's a 1 1/2 miler and therefore it is a cookie cutter and, of course, cookie cutters offer no competitive racing. We all know that!! :(
I've been to Texas to 4 Cup races and every race was so boring I could hardly stay awake. I say race IROC on road courses and plate tracks and you have a great race. I have seen about a 1/2 dozen IROC races at Talladega and that was some great racing.

I thought it was a pretty good IROC race, really glad to see Danny win. Kurt and Matt put on a good but very short show.

I'm looking forward to the racing this weekend, racing was better there last year and I think with another year of aging we might see some good racing. :D

Back
Top Bottom