New York couple become NASCAR fans after Daytona 500 experience

AndyMarquisLive

I love short track racing (Taylor's Version)
Quote of the month. :XXROFL:

The guy at the front of that pileup is Kyle Busch, who we made the cool ~insidery~ joke about being a sore loser earlier. He blamed the crash on Goodyear making shi*** tires.

It's Buzzfeed so it's heavy on the pictures and presented in the most annoying way possible but...

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lyapalater/daytona-2017?utm_term=.stRPQEOvN#.swBY0kz32

Moral of the story: Take a friend to the track. If NASCAR is too expensive, your local short track will be a perfectly acceptable substitute.

I would say that that a couple of New Yorkers have become fans of plate racing which makes sense as the plate races are some of the most attended and watched Nascar events. The key will be in keeping them as fans as a few aero snoozefests may change their outlook.

nice positive post. Kinda neat to see how the casual fan sees things

I would say that that a couple of New Yorkers have become fans of plate racing which makes sense as the plate races are some of the most attended and watched Nascar events. The key will be in keeping them as fans as a few aero snoozefests may change their outlook.

Did you read the whole story? They were fans of the whole experience.

I agree with them on the connectivity, no other sport lets you walk around the sidelines and on the field in pregame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, the idea of buzzfeed staff being impressed and interested in NASCAR makes me emotional.

Greatest article from that **** website ever. This is good for NASCAR.

I'm thinking they will be watching the race tomorrow....... hopefully they will stay..... I think there's a better possibility they will because they never experienced the earlier days.....

You find a way to put a negative spin on everything, don't you? Stick to hockey, man. You obviously hate NASCAR.
Hey Andy...... you and I agree on several things...... one thing in particular is that Mark Martin won the 1990 Championship... and the 2007 Daytona.....

But.... I actually don't think Skoal puts a negative spin on everything Nascar..... my perception is that he is a realist....... He and I are I think about the same age and think along the same lines...... I have always been a fan since about 1964... (not so much in the late 70's till Elliott came like a banshee in '85)...... It's just really hard to always be a cheerleader since about 2004....... especially since this last win at Homestead and take it all deal.......

You find a way to put a negative spin on everything, don't you? Stick to hockey, man. You obviously hate NASCAR.

You don't even watch Nascar and bitch ad nauseum about 1.5 mile tracks so you need to look at the 3 fingers and 1 thumb pointing backatcha! If you think a couple of airhead posers from New Yawk that got a nut wandering the speedway represent the future health of Nascar you are nuckinfuts.

Hey Andy...... you and I agree on several things...... one thing in particular is that Mark Martin won the 1990 Championship... and the 2007 Daytona.....

But.... I actually don't think Skoal puts a negative spin on everything Nascar..... my perception is that he is a realist....... He and I are I think about the same age and think along the same lines...... I have always been a fan since about 1964... (not so much in the late 70's till Elliott came like a banshee in '85)...... It's just really hard to always be a cheerleader since about 2004....... especially since this last win at Homestead and take it all deal.......

As my buddy Wynn used to say "I'm just tellin' like it is." :D

Having Andy tell me I am negative is like having Joe Isuzu tell me I am a liar!

... If you think a couple of airhead posers from New Yawk that got a nut wandering the speedway represent the future health of Nascar you are nuckinfuts.

Not sure why this has to be symbolic or emblematic of anything. Two newcomers went to a race and loved it. That is a great thing regardless of age.

I really think trying to crack the generational or geographical code is a waste. I just want great racing, and everything will work out even among young people. They either get it or they do not.

The ones that love good racing will hang around, the don'ts won't. Does not matter if they are from New York, the Carolinas, Moscow or Fort Worth, 13 or 93 years old.
Plain and simple we are, or we ar not racing people.

Last edited:
Not sure why this has to be symbolic or emblematic of anything. Two newcomers went to a race and loved it. That is a great thing regardless of age.

I really think trying to crack the generational or geographical code is a waste. I just want great racing, and everything will work out even among young people. They either get it or they do not.

The ones that love good racing will hang around, the don'ts won't. Does not matter if they are from New York, the Carolinas, Moscow or Fort Worth, 13 or 93 years old.
Plain and simple we are, or we ar not racing people.

I think we can all agree that if a person wants to pay to attend a Nascar event and likes it and would consider returning it is a very good thing.

Its common knowledge that most who actually attend a race get hooked.

Boy this is terribly ironic coming from you.

That is what is comical to me as I may be the most negative person on the forum but if that is true Andy is 1/100th of a second behind me. I am really looking forward to Atlanta tomorrow as it was one of my favorites last year as I loved the long green flag runs. Fingers crossed tomorrow will be as enjoyable.

That is what is comical to me as I may be the most negative person on the forum but if that is true Andy is 1/100th of a second behind me. I am really looking forward to Atlanta tomorrow as it was one of my favorites last year as I loved the long green flag runs. Fingers crossed tomorrow will be as enjoyable.
Imo I do not find you to be negative. Pragmatic is a more optimal adjective... most of the time :D

If NASCAR is too expensive, your local short track will be a perfectly acceptable substitute.

Assuming it's open. Mine spent 2016 shut down because of ownership issues. It took them until two weeks ago to finally resolve them.

Back
Top Bottom