is there a HMS cup driver with a sick stomach after tonight????

What I'm saying is if they allow 5 cars.. There might be two or three really good extra seats, there is more talent then the sport knows what to do with and they can use accommodation..

It's not about a rule change to benifit Hendrick. Typical blue oval fan skewing things to make Rick Hendrick the big bad wolf. lol just playing.

All he has to do is go some place other than HMS, like Keselowski did when he left JRM.

All he has to do is go some place other than HMS, like Keselowski did when he left JRM.

There aren't other top tier opportunities... Penske will never run more than three cars, Gibbs is 'content' with where they're at... Every seat is accounted for. I'm not just talking about Chase Elliott either. I'm talking about Reagan Smith, Ryan Blaney, Ryan Truex, Parker Kligerman, Alex Bowman, all that young truck talent, etc.

There is ALOT of talent that just will not make it...

Hell, it's probably a moot point. Three extra seats isn't going to make a whole lot of difference haha.

Hendrick certainly won't boot one of his other three cash cows for his latest cash cow, so it'll probably be Kahne who gets shown the door. I think he could do well somewhere else, though.

forget his 2 wins. what's been impressive has been chase's drivin skill thruout both races.
if that continues thru summer...... while kk runs mid pack......whole lotta plans could get changed.

plus.....from sponsor's viewpoint....he's as well spoken as any vet in cup. good looks too.
whole package .....at 18 ......amazing.

gonna be interestin how rick / papa bill / napa handle this.

Hendrick will drop Kahne in a heartbeat if he has to, same as he did with Vickers, Mears, Busch...Edwards may be available at the end 2014 ;)

There aren't other top tier opportunities... Penske will never run more than three cars, Gibbs is 'content' with where they're at... Every seat is accounted for. I'm not just talking about Chase Elliott either. I'm talking about Reagan Smith, Ryan Blaney, Ryan Truex, Parker Kligerman, Alex Bowman, all that young truck talent, etc.

There is ALOT of talent that just will not make it...

Hell, it's probably a moot point. Three extra seats isn't going to make a whole lot of difference haha.

Penske is only running 2 cars this year.

Yeah, I know.. and they've ran three in the past, I think I remember Roger saying that was his limit... 3 cars.

Letting Sam go shows he's not real into the big multi-car operation.

Did you notice how he shoved the 54 to make room for his pass on Larson? That was a veteran move many veterans don't execute.

I think Kasey will soon find out that Ricks loyalty has it's limits.

Anybody see him dump Ty Dillon last year? Oh, sorry, gotta get on the bandwagon.

Yeah, I know.. and they've ran three in the past, I think I remember Roger saying that was his limit... 3 cars.

Letting Sam go shows he's not real into the big multi-car operation.

If he's running 2 cars now and his limit is 3, there must be a possible opening.

If he's running 2 cars now and his limit is 3, there must be a possible opening.

True, Penske is the only place there really is an opening... Maybe Gibbs will expand back out too. I doubt it though..

I don't know if he'd go to Penske anyway. IIRC, Kahne had kind of an ugly divorce from Ford when he went to go drive Evernham's Dodges. As a result, there was some awkwardness when RPM switched to Ford in 2010 and Kahne found himself driving for the blue oval again. I don't know if he'd be willing to sign up for that, but I guess maybe he would if nothing else was available.

Kahne will go to SHR and replace Danica after next season as she sits out a year on maternity leave...:pbjtime:Chas will be in the #5.:partytime

Ty who?

Were you always a fan of Toyota in NASCAR? Or did you just jump on the bandwagon in 2007?

Elliot bandwagon.....and I didn't know there was a Toyota bandwagon. FREAKING AWESOME! I have been waiting for that! Want on?

I don't know if he'd go to Penske anyway. IIRC, Kahne had kind of an ugly divorce from Ford when he went to go drive Evernham's Dodges. As a result, there was some awkwardness when RPM switched to Ford in 2010 and Kahne found himself driving for the blue oval again. I don't know if he'd be willing to sign up for that, but I guess maybe he would if nothing else was available.

Ford sued him after he signed to drive a Dodge for Evernham but he drove a Ford after that when RPM switched.

Not for long though, he didn't even last the full season. I just don't see him signing up to drive a Ford again.

I don't see him seeking out a Ford ride but if he gets the boot from HMS, he make have to take whatever he can get. The way the #5 has been running, he sometimes probably wishes he was in the PRM #9.

Elliot bandwagon.....and I didn't know there was a Toyota bandwagon. FREAKING AWESOME! I have been waiting for that! Want on?

You missed the point. Elliott is new, hence new fans. Toyota was new once too. You became a fan. Gordon was new once, I was spider-crawling around my living room meanwhile becoming a fan.

A Toyota fan should understand. Who knows who you pulled for in 05.....

It's not like the Lakers just won their 17th title(I can dream right) and some douchebag suit randomly started paying attention, decided to drop 3k on Laker apparel, and start claiming life-long loyalty. This bandwagon definition is getting foggy.

I absolutely agree with the idea that they should let owners have 5 teams again.

Not sure why we are discouraging competition. It's better competition if all the big boys have more drivers. There is a significant gap in stuff between the big boys (HMS, JGR, Penske, RFR) and the rest. Sure MWR, Petty Motorsports and Gnassi Racing are competitive but they really don't have a championship threat. The only small time team that has shown they can compete is Furniture Row.

I'd be ecstatic if there were just 3 big time teams added. That means more interesting racing and the chance for more different winners.

You missed the point. Elliott is new, hence new fans. Toyota was new once too. You became a fan. Gordon was new once, I was spider-crawling around my living room meanwhile becoming a fan.

A Toyota fan should understand. Who knows who you pulled for in 05.....

It's not like the Lakers just won their 17th title(I can dream right) and some douchebag suit randomly started paying attention, decided to drop 3k on Laker apparel, and start claiming life-long loyalty. This bandwagon definition is getting foggy.

Yeah, I was being a smart ass--I appreciate what Chase is doing, but the bandwagon is already overcrowded. To answer your question--I came to NASCAR with Toyota. I have followed the brand wherever they have been--even struggled through the F1 years getting up at 4 a.m. Pacific every race day with hope against hope. I winced when they came to NASCAR because I didn't want the company to take the crap I knew would be flung. That has subsided, and I love their involvement in this series. Don't get me wrong--I have been a NASCAR fan for 30+ years, but intensely since Toyota's entry. I have been an intense supporter of TRD and Toyota all of my life.

Yeah, I was being a smart ass--I appreciate what Chase is doing, but the bandwagon is already overcrowded. To answer your question--I came to NASCAR with Toyota. I have followed the brand wherever they have been--even struggled through the F1 years getting up at 4 a.m. Pacific every race day with hope against hope. I winced when they came to NASCAR because I didn't want the company to take the crap I knew would be flung. That has subsided, and I love their involvement in this series. Don't get me wrong--I have been a NASCAR fan for 30+ years, but intensely since Toyota's entry. I have been an intense supporter of TRD and Toyota all of my life.

You followed Toyota in the F1 years?

About as bat**** crazy as Danicafreak, you are. Lol

That said, Toyota tacos are my favorite damn vehicle.

You followed Toyota in the F1 years?

About as bat**** crazy as Danicafreak, you are. Lol

That said, Toyota tacos are my favorite damn vehicle.

Truth.

They're both better than Logano IMO.
IYO.... the stats say otherwise... although I do agree that at this point in their careers compared to where Joey was they have the edge. I think Joey is better now than they are, Im actually looking forward to seeing the changeover.. I still think it will take them a bit to get to where Joey is now though. Hopefully they all gel well with the teams they end up with. It would have been nice if Joey did right off the bat but its the past... Joey's gona be racin these guys for years. I love all the new talent coming up, its amazing imo. I want these guys to get as good as they can because to be the best you have to beat the best.

If my memory is clear this morning Chase Elliot did not have a ride or any good prospects this year until late in the game when Rick put this package together with Napa and JRM. I "think" it was a 3 year contract with first dibbs on renewal. If so then there are a lot of variables as to what Rick's future plans for him could be. Also if need be I'll betcha poppa Bill will keep the kid pointed directly at HMS.

I think he has to go to cup next year. Simply because waiting for a ride to open up may backfire.

Anybody see him dump Ty Dillon last year? Oh, sorry, gotta get on the bandwagon.
It's not bangwagoning if he's a rookie haha. Ty blocked Chase, Chase held his line and won the race. Boohoo!

If my memory is clear this morning Chase Elliot did not have a ride or any good prospects this year until late in the game when Rick put this package together with Napa and JRM. I "think" it was a 3 year contract with first dibbs on renewal. If so then there are a lot of variables as to what Rick's future plans for him could be. Also if need be I'll betcha poppa Bill will keep the kid pointed directly at HMS.
He's been a developmental driver with Hendrick since he was 15, I'm sure Rick's been planning on grooming him for a Cup ride this entire time.

Stay in NNS through 2015 with a few cup races thrown in to see how he's catching on to cup. He's 18, let him get seasoned a bit. I've seen too many hot shoes thrown into cup too early and burn out and fade away after a couple of seasons.

Edit:
I knew about Rick grooming him for three years and I'm sure he's gonna take his time moving him up. The kid's damn sure got it.

One way it could happen is Rick gets Chase in a fifth development cup car for 7 races this year, then warehouses him at Gnassi next year until he gets rid of one of his drivers, or swap him out with Chase at Gnassi. Kahne leaving in 2015 seems more likely than Jeff retiring. Kahne shouldn't have much trouble getting sponsorship for a new team at Penske, JGR, Roush or RCR.

Jeeze it's not like Kahne runs 30th every race, cut him some slack.

I'm all for Chase moving to cup, I was a long time Bill Elliott fan (hence why I'm a huge kahne fan). But I dont think its right to shove kahne out of the way when he still has great runs, just hasn't had a lot of luck.

Kahne will go to SHR and replace Danica after next season as she sits out a year on maternity leave...:pbjtime:Chas will be in the #5.:partytime

This is the most sensible post I've read here so far.

SHR is like an extension of Hendrick Motorsports so they could make room for Kahne in way of Danica or Busch.

More likely Danica though. She can be put in one of those back marker rides and you wouldn't know the difference.

This is the most sensible post I've read here so far.

SHR is like an extension of Hendrick Motorsports so they could make room for Kahne in way of Danica or Busch.

More likely Danica though. She can be put in one of those back marker rides and you wouldn't know the difference.
In a perfect world, within the next couple of years i would rather see Chase Elliot go to SHR and Jeff retire from driving and start his own Nationwide team, and then Danica end up at Hendrick to see if they can do anything with her. Ok, fire away.:)

Back
Top Bottom