Isnt it weird how Ryan Newman...

H

Happy29

Was setting great track times towards the end of the race and yet they were "allegedly saving fuel"

It's impossible how Newman could run 78 laps on fuel, make it the entire way, Newman didnt conserve any fuel because he basically was setting great track times during those final laps whereas he shouldve been conserving. And yet He still has enough fuel for the burnout.

Not accusing him of cheating, just a bit curious B)

Newman was able to go faster at the end of the run because by conserving fuel earlier in the run, he didn't drive the car very hard, so when he finally went all out, his tires were better than the guys who hadn't been conserving. Mayfield didn't save any fuel until the last 10 or so laps, yet he ran 78 laps on a tank of fuel.

Guess the other teams need to get busy and figure out why the Dodges are able to go farther.

Originally posted by Happy29@Oct 5 2003, 06:23 PM
It's impossible how Newman could run 78 laps on fuel, make it the entire way, Newman didnt conserve any fuel because he basically was setting great track times during those final laps whereas he shouldve been conserving. And yet He still has enough fuel for the burnout.
No it's not.

Fact is that Newman and his team may just be the best in Nascar right now. :p

It's obviously not impossible. he does it time after time after time. Today Germie did it also.

What's so hard to believe?

ryan's a big boy. maybe all the extra weight is actually cans of fuel hidden in his suit :lol:

What every Newman has figured out he is not shareing it with his team mate. :D

According to David Poole, six other cars also went the distance on fuel.

Maybe they've all got those Tornado gadgets installed.

You know Its funny Dale Earnhardt Jr runs really well at super speedways and has success and people question it Ryan Newman is getting great gas milage and success and people question it Cant people just be that good? Did anyone Question Richard Petty in in 1967 when he won 27 Races including 10 in a row Now a days Im SURE that would be questioned.
Dale Jr and Newman have proven to be good or even great

Maybe people are scarred to have a possible dominant driver in the series and ruin what nascar has always been, an even playing field where anyone can win. So now the odds tip in more favor towards Newmann maybe, people dont want to see Nascar have one driver win everything such as Cart for an example.

Did anyone Question Richard Petty in in 1967 when he won 27 Races including 10 in a row Now a days Im SURE that would be questioned.
Dale Jr and Newman have proven to be good or even great

trust me alot of people thought then that petty was cheatin and alot still do. hell fire folks people want a bad guy, look at the past DE, D. Waltrip, not to far back J. Gordon when your a winner some people are goin to say your cheatin to get there (no ref. to brooke intended).

on the cheating topic, there is a very good book out that i would recomend called Cheating: An Inside Look at the Bad Things Good NASCAR Winston Cup Racers Do in Pursuit of Speed, really interesting read, also personally i think newman is an amazing racecar driver, but i do think they figured something out for the fuel cell, which like in the book mentioned above isnt actualy cheating, until nascar makes a rule to prevent them from doin that.

I think maybe he's using the roll cage as a fuel cell. j/k

I read somewhere today that it was a proven fact that Newmans team had gotten 23.2 gallons of fuel into his tank, and it wasnt even empty...Maybe this explains why he can run so many laps, and still goes so fast....

Originally posted by Awesome_Bill@Oct 6 2003, 04:18 PM
I read somewhere today that it was a proven fact that Newmans team had gotten 23.2 gallons of fuel into his tank, and it wasnt even empty...Maybe this explains why he can run so many laps, and still goes so fast....
I'd like to that proof and how they came to that conclusion. NASCAR would check the cells to see how much they hold if they thought it was a problem. The winning are subject to an inspection after the race, arn't they?

Originally posted by 71Fan@Oct 6 2003, 06:52 AM
According to David Poole, six other cars also went the distance on fuel.

Maybe they've all got those Tornado gadgets installed.
LOL!!!...LMAO!!!!

Originally posted by Bucky Badger+Oct 6 2003, 09:36 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bucky Badger @ Oct 6 2003, 09:36 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Awesome_Bill@Oct 6 2003, 04:18 PM
I'd like to that proof and how they came to that conclusion. NASCAR would check the cells to see how much they hold if they thought it was a problem. The winning are subject to an inspection after the race, arn't they? [/b][/quote]
Well, the "inspection" that Nascar gives would never be nearly thoughough enough to find out if they had some extra space for extra gas...and even if they did look in the area, it would definetely be so well concealed that no one would ever be about to notice it without a complete tear down. ....Funny how Bill was winning all these races in 85 and Nascar tore his carS down to pieces, but nowdays that would be unthinkable...

Originally posted by stridsberry@Oct 6 2003, 04:15 PM
Nitrous oxide, anybody? (think Daytona '76)
That would reduce gas milage...or nuke the engine if you tried it w/o the proper addition of gas.

Originally posted by Awesome_Bill@Oct 6 2003, 04:18 PM
hmmmmmmmm is that stor y from that reliable source Winston salem journal?

Hey, I found a pic. Here's your proof!

**just kidding**

Attachments

• ryan_newman.jpeg
    ryan_newman.jpeg
    74.4 KB · Views: 10
Originally posted by 66mustang@Oct 6 2003, 05:57 PM
Hey, I found a pic. Here's your proof!

**just kidding**
that's his reserve for his burnouts :lol:

Actually, NASCAR inspections are much more thorough today than they were in the 1980 decade. Inspections then were not as open as today.

Newman cheating is a 99% improbability. Conjecture he is cheating to win compares to the winning days of the Evernham and Gordon era and like "tiregate", questions of cheating will always the teams that visit Victory Lane the most. Everybody needs a reason to think thier favorite driver was beaten unfairly. :D

There is an article at foxsports by Jeff Hammond (click here to read complete article) that basically says.......
I think it's time for NASCAR to help alleviate this issue by taking an extra step to make sure that there's nothing going on with the 12 car. I think it would help quell these concerns. If NASCAR would just step in there and say, "Look, we've pulled the fuel line. We've doublechecked the fuel cell. Everything meets the rules. The man is just doing a great job," that would just stop all this guesswork. Basically that's what they're getting paid to do anyway. That's all they've got to do.

I could see Ryan getting away with cheating ONCE, but not this many times...

But I really doubt they are cheating since they have pulled this off several times now...you'd have to be really stupid to keep cheating the same way over and over, especially with everyone crying about his fuel milage.

I also think most of it has to do with engine tweaking since Ryan has been chased so many times in the last laps which makes it seem unlikely that he's saving much fuel.

Like i said in another thread....they have figured out the unfair advantage thing, which is not necessarily cheating. Just like DEI has figured out the aero package for plate races.

Is'nt it amazing how miffed Bill Elliot acted when he was out snookered by the 12 team . I guess he must know how those guys felt during his glory days when he was blowing the field away and they were scratching their heads.

Back
Top Bottom